1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The HP Buff Item in depth

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Pixel, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    2:46 PM
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    I just made a little add to a reply on the whole topic of HP washing on the Voting Thread but i came up with an idea that i really would love to bring here, and i know is a bit wishy washy and i know it probably won't get added to the game, but why not explain it to be put into consideration

As of right now HP washing is a big unnecessary painful investment
    While HP washing is truly optional you can at the very least get like ...what? 1800ish HP with the methods above

Now assuming a level 100 archer has 2300 HP and a level 120 archer has 2700 HP and 3100 at 140
    Using those points cuz its the main point where you can do CWKPQ and also when monsters can 1hko you so...assuming you put the 1-2 month effort to get the ring and the other methods
    God sneezes on you so you get good luck on scrolling pet equips and dropping the cape, you manage to get the full 1800+ HP , was it worth it? you have 4k-5k HP , you still can't do HT or anything you spent investment that could've gone better if you had washed right?
    and that's where people quit

Now...giving free HP in forms would make people who did wash feel cheated or wasted time
    Or make warriors and magicians have too much HP they shouldn't.

So here's a suggestion
    The HP-Buffer, an alternative to AP resets
    [​IMG]
    Selling for 3k or 3.1k these items would buff the HP of any class by 15-20 HP (a set amount)
    This would remove the need for ranged classes to invest into INT equipment, while INT still has use for people who still want to wash (i'll explain this later) and magicians (who get benefitted too since INT stuff would be more accessible for people who do want to main magician)

Would it be too op?
    Well let's put it like this, assuming you get 6k (5.5k redkimmy + 500 blue) per vote
    You'd be able to afford 2 of these a day
    in a month you'd be able to get 900-1000 HP at the expense of not being able to buy other things , that sounds way better than the card ring? , but the card ring always felt like it has to be the cherry on top that these extra HP items and methods can just push you further beyond

1.-But after a year you'd have 12k HP wouldn't that be op
    Maybe, ultimately it would be up to Kimmy to decide if leave these limitless but i think there could be a limit based on class

Non-Magicians

You have used the magic of the HP buff. You have gained extra HP (249 times left)
    (5000 HP max)

Magicians
    You have used the magic of the HP buff. But you are broken f-off. jk jk
    You have used the magic of the HP buff. You have gained extra HP (99 times left) (2000 HP max)

And as such, giving this would leave ranged classes at 8.5k HP
    Warriors at like 15k (tho spend more time), and magicians at whatever idc
    But people will still want more, magicians care more about MP
    so this wouldn't knock it out

Ranged classes that want to be independent attackers wit no HB still would want to push to 20k
    for those tryharders and the ones who are tryharding they still can go with their INT equips and washing and go further beyond

Same as warriors DK still would want to go to 30k and fighters and pages be happy at 15k

2.- So what if i use this item but now i want more HP and im capped , do i have to restart?

Well Kimmy has been adding AP resets to event
    so what if instead of that we had the

Extra HP Blessing
    [​IMG]

What's the difference, these little fellas have a different separate cap than the other ones, but they can only be obtained through events like, one for like 100 coins or something

Kimmy comes down from the heavens and pats your head for not using drugs, you bar grew bigger (99 left) (2000 HP cap for non magicians) (2000 MP for magicians)

Soo in summary
    Players wouldnt rely on leech/INT equips to be able to HT
    if you wanna do further bosses you still must wash something but not as hardcore as before and you can stop earlier once you met it
    Benefits both washers and non washers and also people who already did

still takes similar time (6 months) to finish , so it wouldn't be immediate)
    Magicians can suck an egg.
    HP items have a purpose still!
    There's room for events

• Creative x 15
    • Like x 12
    • Agree x 11
    • Disagree x 7
    • Great Work x 6
  2. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    8:46 PM
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    I really like the idea!
    Plus old washers still get more hp long term anyway, so perhaps they wont be as against it.

Take my support /o/

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. IHealForYou

IHealForYou King Slime

Jan 16, 2021
    Male
    9:46 PM
    LegendKnight, IHealForYou
    Dark Knight
    Losers
    This is exactly what I would want in a solution for HP washing.

Everyone will be able to get enough HP to do all the bosses without having to add stats to INT, but there is also a cap on how much hp you can get. With a cap that should be different for each class.
    It will still cost a lot of NX to do it though so it won't be easy to get super high hp super quickly/easy.
    This way everyone can do all the bosses and the people who want to can put in more effort do get even higher HP.

100% support!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. BigPiPi

BigPiPi Mano

Jan 5, 2021
    Male
    10:46 PM
    BigPipi
    Gunslinger
    i legit quit because of the anxiety hp wash gave me lol
    ruined the fun of nostalgia playing for me

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    12:46 PM
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    oh wow! yes please!! Yes for HP-Buffer vote-cash item please! :heartbeat:

This will help with late HP gains, and make it so that people wont have to weaken their primary stats just for HP!

Also, this will still require using the same amount of vote cash, but bypass all the weird stat reallocations for the same amount of HP gains similar to using a normal AP reset!

6. Cowbelle

Cowbelle Mushmom

Jul 11, 2020
    Female
    Cowbelle
    Beginner
    Homies
    Super creative idea!! Would definitely redirect all of my vote cash into this since I'm just goofing off with my outfits and buying 100 tele rocks x) I definitely messed up my washing on my beginner as well, I think I'm around 1000 hp or more lower than anyone around my level which causes me to not be able to participate in things.

However.. Maybe I'm just being a sourpuss, but I think this would throw the economy into turmoil. INT equips would tank in price which would cause people who have invested millions(billions??) of mesos into INT gear to lose all of the inherent value in their equips. This would cause a lot of the "richest" players in the game to lose the capital that they had, which I imagine would be really upsetting.

Personally, I hope that they experiment with making AP resets more accessible without NX first. I feel a lot of the frustration is tied to how long it takes to build up your voting NX.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  7. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    3:46 PM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    If something like this is implemented I think the NX cost should be higher than AP resets. With regular HP washing there’s a downside of needing MP whereas this method would simply increase HP with no downside.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    I think the main reason people walk away from washing is because it shouldn't be necessary or it has too much work and downsides

And the main argument against making it easier is that invalidates current players
    This is softening the blows for new players but opens a new not-overpowered one to current ones

If we made these 5k-6k instead of 3k it would just give no results since it would still take 1 year and a half to get a mediocre HP
    with the 5K HP cap from these items, it only leaves you at 9k or 10k with items, so you barely can PB, but you rather do regular washing too to go better

Unless there's like 1 single player plotting with a monopoly of INT items, im sure many people would love to just not depend on INT equips for anything but magicians
    HP washers don't want INT equips
    Magician want cheaper INT equips

Yeah prices might deflate for the demand but not for rarity
    Like STR overalls are not needed for washing but they still go for like a lot of millions soo INT overalls won't go too low
    Not to mention that my solution doesn't erase washing completely, there will still be use for it on HP washing

Someone without INT equips gets to 9-10K with my method
    Someone with previous small washing or who wants regular washing can vote for 3-4 more months to push towards 13-15k
    Players who got to 10-12k without this method now can vote to get the 18k HP for HB-less PB
    and i am not sure if there's a 19k HP attacker yet, but that would be an unnecessary rarity and aweird flex if they want to push to 24k

but remember that AP resets and the theorical HP buffers both cost HP so you can't do them simultaneously
    you need to do HP buffing or HP washing first and then still use NX saved for the other,
    So a 19k HP who spent 2 years washing and suffering still spend it but if they want for some reason push to 24k that's just 7-8 months they still have to vote

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  9. kiln

kiln Pink Teddy

Jan 2, 2021
    Pepperspray
    Corsair
    Elite
    I like the idea of off-loading washing to later levels.

I hate the fact that new players have to decide whether or not they want to go hard (wash) or play casually (not wash) from day 1. Washing also means you don't actually get to play the game levels 1-150 with any serious HP goal. There won't be complaints from already-washed players as long as the work for washing is off-loaded to later.

Making AP resets more accessible (cheaper, events, etc.) is an easy solution, but it's not a good solution. Washing still has all of the same problems AND you're de-valuing work done by existing players. It's the worst of both worlds. It only helps sweaty players like me - people that are going to wash anyway.

The dilemma with giving everyone (washed and non-washed players) access to the same bonus HP is that to give non-washed players enough HP to comfortably participate in endgame bosses, you are giving washed players way too much HP. For there to be a meaningful way to give unwashed players a *sufficient* (not barely playable) amount of HP, you have to present players with two options: either wash and get HP with less work, OR don't wash and get the same HP later with more work.

I think it would be good to have the HP-buffs give diminishing returns based both on your current HP (preventing HP inflation from already-washed players) as well as the number of times you've turned in these HP-buffs (rewarding washing early). I think it would be also fair to require some work in addition to simply voting for these HP-buffs.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    You say not overpowered but imo this is very strong if there’s no downside on it. This will add 5k HP to every attacker with no cost which pretty much deletes the need for HB early-mid tier bossing and lessens the benefit warriors have with high HP pools. I’d rather a daily quest than this so people at least put in some effort of work.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. raysinz5

raysinz5 Mr. Anchor

Jul 1, 2015
    Male
    I/L Mage
    Can we have a separate currency for this that comes with monster drops? Similar to Christmas presents so it doesn't take up space, then trade it in. This would require you to actually farm/play the game instead of just waiting and voting. I really like the idea though.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Cowbelle

Cowbelle Mushmom

Jul 11, 2020
    Female
    Cowbelle
    Beginner
    Homies
    I think this is a little misleading though; INT equips are exponentially more expensive. I bought a 19 STR bathrobe for 16m, but a 19int INT bathrobe is worth 110m. That's quite a difference.
    Something that might be analogous (although not perfectly) is if there was a change implemented that made white scrolls not needed to perfect scroll an item. Yes, more players could get "perfect" items, but anyone who was using white scrolls as capital would lose a lot of their net worth and it would shift the economy quite a bit. Of course people "want" to not spend 160m on a white scroll.. but it's also a way people make money.

I think the hesitation I have with this HP-buffer item is that it circumvents the struggle that past people who HP washed went through (which is a pro in my eyes), BUT it also devalues their net worth if they have invested a lot of money into int equips.

I'm not saying that I have the answer or that your answer is wrong, I'm just saying that the problem is more complicated than just the act of HP-washing. INT equips are a huge part of the economy in this server and the HP buffer item would directly devalue the need for them, which would impact a lot of long-term players who invested in INT equips. I think that a true end-to-end "solution" for HP washing as a whole is going to need to address the economy aspect as well. i don't envy anyone who is involved in making the actual decision x)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  13. OP
    OP
    Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    I don't know if there's a net worth ,i think even players who have washed would be okay with this

Also you forget to tak in account their privilegue of have existed already

They already are net worth , they get a benefit they dont need to exploit neither is necessary
    They already played before any future new washer therefore any privilegue they had in the past over someone who decided not to is already their reward
    is like when a game sells an item saying is exclusive but everyone knows later on it will be released permanently at a cheaper price

Were the people who bought it for an earlier exclusivity scammed? Did they lose? They managed to enjoy it before anyone else but is also fair for new players to be able with ease

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Cowbelle

Cowbelle Mushmom

Jul 11, 2020
    Female
    Cowbelle
    Beginner
    Homies
    Oh, I think we're misunderstanding each other a bit -- or maybe not, I truthfully got a little lost in your reply so feel free to clarify if I'm misunderstanding. When I say net worth, I mean the amount of money all of their items and mesos add up to. So if I have 20m in mesos and a 19int bathrobe on my character, my net worth is 130m. Let's say my int bathrobe decreased in price to match str bathrobes, my net worth would decrease 94m and I would only "have" 36m. So yes, as a person who washed, I would be upset if my net worth decreased by almost 100m (and that's only looking at 1 equip).

I think we are all severely underestimating how tied HP-washing is to ML's economy. People say int equips will still be expensive because of selling leech, but a lot of people who buy leech are HP washing. Less need for leech means it will be harder to make money by selling leech, which will upset all of the people who made characters specifically to make money by selling leech.

Again, not saying I have the answer, I'm saying that the actual mechanic of HP-washing is only the tip of the iceberg. Changing how HP-washing works is an incredibly risky scenario and I would hope that a solution would take into account the gigantic impact it will have on the economy, which is where I think this solution is lacking.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    I agree.

i guess this is like the analogy of people who pre-order games pay a very high priced unpatched game with glitches, but the new players get to pay less for the whole package deal without glitches.

So... people who have int equips are playing even with issues in the market + inflated 100s of millions of mesos just to buy in to good washing equips.

Then the old players say, "no," to the patches because they are dominating the market, by reaping off of the new-to-washing player base.

Bishop/mages selling leech = tons of mesos = buy/scroll Good INT equips that costs 100s millions mesos = Washing for more HP = boss raids = more mesos.

So everyone who wants to play the FULL version of the game (all bosses included) has to some how buy/scroll good INT equips to get enough HP.

If someone mess up their Washing... then what? They get what they deserve? LOL

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. reeseko

reeseko Mano

Feb 22, 2020
    Reeseko
    Bandit
    So I like the idea but probably at a lower rate of HP gain. There should still be some time invested in something and this does away with the current meta of having to play Mage/Bishop for 6+months before starting an attacker. This would also allow new players to level with a secondary stat, assuming they aren't funded enough to afford Maple weapons, accuracy gear, etc. The downside would be in this devaluing INT gear/scrolls, pumping more mesos into the economy(no more mesos going towards INT gear/scrolls) and likely effecting the prices of other items/scrolls in the process.

I personally have 2m vote cash(and still voting) ready to wash an attacker and despite taking a long time to accumulate that much I would not mind at all doing away with traditional HP washing. I'm not looking forward to NOT being able to play the class for 140 levels while I leech it for maximum efficiency washing...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    Really like the idea as it seems to solve a lot of problems, though I have my doubts it would ever get implemented.
    A few suggestions would be the following:

Make it 5k nx so it's still technically a bit cheaper nx wise to gain via washing.
    Give players a daily quest (resets on reset not 24h cycle) per account that gives them their second (or first if the chose to buy something else, e.g., resets for normal washing).
    Instead of 15-20 hp per "buff", and different limits based on classes, do the same limit but base the hp gain off the hp gained from washing normally (class based).

Reasoning:
    With a 5k limit instead of 3k, but the ability to gain via a daily quest as well, it would do the following:
    A) give users the ability to mix washing and buffing.
    B) give users the ability to buff and still save up some amount of nx over time for unexpected usages (pet equips, etc.), or other usages.
    C) doesn't increase the minimum amount of time required to make the change for a new account, but would reduce the likelyhood of a player being able to day one of the items introduction hit the limit
    D) Encourage players to play the game rather than just voting for a year. I get that, for people who work, this might hurt a bit, but if it's say a 10 minuite quest (e.g., kill 100 monsters in your level range) it's not exactly an unachievable commitment.
    E) This would reduce the claims of hp gain (washing or buffing) being exclusively vote to win (which it currently is outside of events)

The buffing solution would really legitimize players who want to only lightly wash. My "lightly washed" mm with the t10 ring has a bit over 7k hp at 139. Sure, that's a good amount, and I could still put out damage without making too many sacrifices, but if I want to say, comfortably boss at HT (comfortably being defined as taking 2 hits before death), that's nowhere near enough. And being comfortable at say PB is essentially impossible. Sure, they're bosses, you're not supposed to be comfortable, whatever, that's a different argument.

The fact that the economy is exclusively tied to A) washing and B) endgame equips / scrolling them, is inherently exclusionary to new players anyway since, outside of lpq, kpq, and gacha, new players cannot generate money for themselves since so many int scrolls are late game exclusive (there's obviously ways around this to some extent).

Realistically, most players who are serious about washing will see this as either an easy boost, or something more expensive than washing (as far as gaining via nx), and will continue to wash. This just gives them the freedom to reduce the target / reduce the amount of base int, or start removing int earlier. This would also allow lvl 200s who didn't wash enough to potentially gain enough hp to participate in pb. Again, the biggest freedom is legitimizing lighter washing / equipment boost only washing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Cascades

Cascades Slime

Jul 2, 2020
    Male
    Cascades, Crater
    Hero
    Homies
    Let me start off by saying two things...

1. I am all for removing some of the time investment or complexity about HP washing.
    2. Radical changes to this space are like playing with fire for the whole server. Maybe it's for the better, but maybe it would destabilize the entire economy.

HP Washing, and therefore, voting, NX, leeching, and INT equips are incredibly tied to the long-term engagement and work that players do on this server. If everyone magically had more HP, for minimal work, major sectors of the game would cease to exist. Again, is this for the better? I'm not sure.

Sorry to use this as an example, but this is just one example where I believe folks are not seeing the bigger picture. No, INT equips would not maintain their value. You can see this easily between mage exclusive shields or robes vs. generic equips. There is a huge value disparity. In general, INT equips hold so much value due to HP washing. Otherwise, you could almost guarantee that they would drop down to prices more similar to other stat items.

INT equips would not retain value due to mages selling leech... who are the primary consumers who are buying leech? That's right, characters who are high INT, washing, and still need to level. Sure there are some painful levels, but the vast majority of players leeching (at certain level ranges) are characters with high INT.

Again, is this a great system? I think a lot of folks would argue "no" and I'd be inclined to agree.

However, the solution to gaining HP has to take into account so many more factors than just characters gaining HP. Whether we like it or not, washing has tied itself to almost every aspect of this server and therefore unwinding it needs an extreme amount of thought and consideration.

I do not envy the staff and other folks who are trying to solve it.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  19. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    5:46 AM
    Dralith
    About the point on ML's leeching economy and Int gear price and how it will make alot of players upset.

I guess there are a few times where players have been burned by nerfs ( personally, si and taunt and I know a friend that made 2 AMs and 5-6 got nerfed right before he was able to start selling) but we still carry on with our lives, after alot of whining.

If this solves or makes hp washing easier, I'm all for it. If this makes this game less leechstory, I'm all for it. I believe staff has said before that they don't like the idea of leeching.

Yes, I'm a sweaty skeles leecher and do own quite alot of int gear, and I support demolishing the demand for leech and for Int gear to drop in price. ( Don't think it will drop THAT much anw)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    3:46 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Putting a level limit on when these items can be used can probably solve the early-mid tier bossing issues.
    Putting it as a daily quest will probably put some good amount of work, coz having it cost the same as AP Reset may result in having too little effort to obtain HP.
    The effort should be comparable to Monster Book Ring, where it takes a long time and dedication to obtain the amount of HP required.

Ideally when combined with monster book ring, pet scrolls and BFC, it should provide just enough HP to survive in PB

• Agree Agree x 1