1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

PLEASE reduce AP Reset's price

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thamos, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    1:38 AM
    Beginner
    Basically it hurts their ego because they had to go through the trouble themselves.
    Another reason is they want the game to keep being very time consuming, because in their opinion, that is nostalgic.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    7:38 PM
    Solstice
    You're not gonna make perfect/godly/decent gear in a short amount of time. Cheaper AP resets would only give you the hp needed to go, but not the damage to be remotely useful.

It also threatens to make other classes obsolete or not as desired like DrKs who's niche is their HB.

It was also talked about here if you can sift through all the memes

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Rod

Rod Selkie Jr.

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    12:38 AM
    To be fair it's understandable that they don't want this to be changed, because they had to invest a lot of time in the game to get to where they are at right now, and if the game all of a sudden became more easy it would mean that the newcomers would have to invest less time than the other players that have been here for 2 years to reach to the same "porch". But yea, everyone has a different point of view and we gotta respect everyone's opinion.

4. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    5:38 PM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    nice strawman TriHard

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    5:38 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    It's no different than asking to increase the base rates to 3x or 4x.

There's nothing wrong with the server rates, and there's nothing wrong with the price of AP resets. They've been the same for over two years now, and if so many other players have dealt with it, so can this one new guy who makes a thread.

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Glissando

Glissando Pink Teddy

Jul 17, 2017
    Male
    7:38 AM
    Quaver
    Fighter
    The current state of AP resets seem reasonable (for a player who's around for less than a month)

7. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    For one thing, old-ass MS was a time-consuming game and by the time fourth job rolled around, it was just a lot easier in general already.

Moreover, it's not just about the trouble we had to go through. You should ask yourself, is this change actually necessary?

I don't think so. Many people have washed without problems. We have committed to the fact that we willing choose to play on a server that grants 5k NX a day.

People are also ridiculous in assuming HP washing is an absolute must or that they have to go to extreme lengths to do it. Yes, it's really helpful and everyone 'should' do it, particularly for HT and/or BF. But is it absolutely required?

I don't recall how many 'pro' players remade their characters in 07 when washing was leaked, but a lot of these people continued on to 08, 09, and so forth with their, I guess by washing metrics, 'shitty' characters. Also, considering that this is not like GMS in that we get NX for free, I'd say just be happy we get to wash at all.

Of course, that's not to say we shouldn't look for improvements. But I think we should look for ones that aren't just cop-outs or easy-fixes for things that don't require them to do so.

I was salty when they brought up the AP Reset price swap, not only because I've invested close to 200 wash, but more because there's not a good reason (and there was no warning, really). I don't see having one wash a day be a problem, especially if you consider it's essentially 1.2 washes a day in terms of NX.

Do people really need to get their HP-boners that fast and just pop off on getting their washing done ASAP?

My personal take on that: No. Legends is a 2x EXP / 1x Drop / 1x Meso / 3x QuestEXP server - the intention, from what I gleam by looking at the rates, is for people to either be mentally taxed (due to long hours of required grind and or/quest) or for them to see it possibly as a challenge to do things even faster in spite of the rates. But that doesn't change the fact that because the rates are somewhat 'low' that the implication is that there really isn't so much a rush unless you want there to be one.

In which case, the problem stems from the players and not the game itself.

Is HP washing a bad mechanic that shouldn't have existed in the first place? Yes. But is it absolutely forced? No.

People want to wash, as I mentioned before, for HT and BF. Realistically, you don't need that many washes for HT (and honestly speaking, HT itself is a choice. You're not forced to play classes that require HT books. You're not forced to even go on HT runs yourself to level or even get the books. Less efficient? True. Required? Hell no.) and if you want to wash a ranged DPSer to tank BF, that's on you. Essentially, my point is that washing is a choice, despite what people may say about "the illusion of choice."

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. wokkie

wokkie Mushmom

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Banned
    This would have already happened if some people didn't go crying like a 3 year old and complained.
    Kim, JUST DO IT

• Disagree Disagree x 11
    • Agree Agree x 4
  9. Phantom

Phantom Horny Mushroom

Mar 27, 2016
    6:38 PM
    If only you knew. I give it 3 months before you retract the statement.

Cheating huh? The kid has 2 200, the first one for first 200 and first 2x 200s, some of the godiest gear in which he had to remake godly int gear due to a literal kamikaze attack, was on the first ht run, and had both his characters sitting in the top 5 for a year and a half of inactivity, in which the kid clearly couldve gotten top 3 for both his character. Yet here you are ranting when I have not a clue of you or your relevance.

Kid got hit for a ban no one has had for years and its for something many dont even consider ban worthy on other servers. Yet you want to claim cheating. What about the many vote abusers? Francos never been banned for that, and yet he beat them all, in damage, in levels, in glory. What about the exploiters? Franco has reported a majority of them and has gotten massive waves of them banned, one of them being very very recent. His report to ban rate would stand out at a whooping 100% had a certain person whom is meme'd to death for account sharing actually got punished. But yet here he is, banned, while the many others who account share are still roaming.

You can play accuser and justice/equality warrior all you want as the rest of the server likes to do, but like the rest of the server your you know little of the inequality that is the staff that franco and the veterans have come to see, however they've made the right decision in this instance. The ap reset price not changing was only fair as the majority of the veterans have invested so much and will receive no compensation. The additional flaw to lowering is that these same players are the same ones who strive for perfection, meaning they would have gladly considered washing more had the price been lower. But what do you guys care? You haven't invested long enough, time,levels, and thought, for it to matter, as all you can think of is yourselves. It's sad knowing the purpose for you warriors has been so twisted in the longevity of the server that it would be criminal to your "fair" cause. So much for justice and equality.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    4:38 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    No thanks, I want to wait 1 year before having OP damage. In the meantime, it lets me have more fun partying up with other people to compensate for my characters incompetence :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. OP
    OP
    Thamos

Thamos Orange Mushroom

Jul 24, 2017
    Male
    Thamos
    White Knight
    Nachtbrakers
    I'm just gonna bump to annoy everyone who rated my post funny

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Snow

Snow Mr. Anchor

Aug 30, 2015
    Male
    Demure
    I'll leave this here just to trigger those who can't afford AP Resets OnionMuha
    upload_2017-8-14_12-27-48.png

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Lumina

Lumina Master Chronos

Jul 31, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    Night Lord
    BanStrike-1
    I think this AP Reset price still has its advantages. Since it's pretty much impossible for me to hit normal damage since I have to wait for only 1 wash a day I've started to see how nice the community is because people feel so freakin' bad for me they basically just leech me :)

14. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    8:38 PM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
  15. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    4:38 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    I'm gonna keep bumping this thread until it gets changed :D

• Disagree Disagree x 10
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Rod

Rod Selkie Jr.

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    I don't think they feel bad for you because you can only buy 1 AP reset every 24 hours, if that would be the case they'd come here and vote yes for this change. The only reason you're getting free leech is because you're playing a female character.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    TriHard oh boy TriHard

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Vera

Vera Dark Stone Golem

Sep 27, 2016
    Female
    ei
    2:38 AM
    Nolo
    Buccaneer
    Demure
    yeah I didn't invest any time at all playing this game, cause I got all my chars leeched to 130 cause I'm a female. ez game ez life :^)
    Sunny still gave me pap leech at 145+, I'ts lit..

• Like Like x 3
  19. Rod

Rod Selkie Jr.

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    Don't get butthurt from what I said Vera, it's the truth, she said there were advantages to AP resets being worth 3k NX since you only can buy 1 and this means people will leech you for free because they feel sorry for you and everyone here knows that's not true, otherwise they would show sympathy to every newcomers who also desire to HP wash and they'd leech them all for free and better yet they would come here and vote in favor. As you can see, pretty much everyone is against it and no one feels bad about it, so the Knight in the shining Armor, the savior of the world is nowhere to be found.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    Solstice
    want free leech as a guy character? be a trap TriHard

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1