1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Maplelegends could retool the HP washing system.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bear, Sep 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ngrman

ngrman Stone Golem

Jun 4, 2017
    Female
    Brasília
    11:48 AM
    I farmed cards by afking 3 summons, which is probably good for most cards until lvl 70, which is like t6-7 and did the rest normally.

btw babo lvl 200 nl with 6k base

• Like Like x 2
  2. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    8:48 AM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    STRQNK level 200 NL has around 6.2k base \o/

out of all the other classes that washes alot, corsairs wash the least... they only need 40-50 washes. thats honestly not alot lol. im sure friends/guildies would be nice enough to lend INT gear as well, if you absolutely hate adding base int to wash

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ngrman

ngrman Stone Golem

Jun 4, 2017
    Female
    Brasília
    I think you can just jump to avoid the 7k damage or stay on a higher platform.

I thinm you don't even need the 5.6k to do horntail.

You really only need 4.9k or so with hb to do it and a dk who is on point.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
  4. MarcJacobs

MarcJacobs One forum account each person only please.

Sep 5, 2018
    Can we just let the server die please. Everytime someone suggests something to improve the game, old school players bring up how they had it tough in the past and that they were able to overcome it. Great for you. But obviously majority of the population aren't going to care and go through the same 'achievement' as you which is why this server is dying everyday. GarBear, you are wasting your time trying to plead with these people. The server has no additional content even though you tease Neo Tokyo for years. Look at how few people play anymore, I would surmise if you have unique character counter, it would be even less. How many players have multiple accounts on at once? This server isn't going to improve. Also on Gtop100 says hp washing optional btw. Optional my ass.

• Disagree Disagree x 11
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    naw man, some ppl think jumping is too hard \o/
    but yes, back then NL's BM's didnt have enough HP, so DK's would have to be on fcken point to HB incase of dispels. that was part of the game

6. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    I'm not an old school player and I don't have a bishop/mage but these struggles have been manageable for me. I'm just here trying to shed light on how, with a bit of effort, you don't need to focus your entire life on HP washing and perma-leeching to access normal end-game content at optimal levels - all without major setbacks. Some people will argue for changes and some will argue for preservation, but the truth is that there is no way to completely satisfy everyone. We can only strive to meet at a middle ground - and this has been nearly achieved with the Monster Book ring and Ellin ring. Note that washing is intended to exist in this server and with the changes in the last half-year, it's been alleviated to something you have to work minimally to achieve.

Now, with just a bit of planning and effort, you can HT at 155 without having ANY base int and a reasonably minor investment in int equipment. Many people just haven't been able to explore the ways it can be done and become reasonably unhappy with the false idea that they will need a 100 base int character to be able to play late game content. That is not true.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    9:48 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I really think the HP washing problem is blown out of proportion, possibly by people who don't understand how it works. When I first set off to make a BM, I heard all of the horror stories with washing and expected my washing endeavor to be some kind of nightmarish struggle that would take half a year and require putting literally all of my AP points into int. However when I went through to spreadsheets to see how much int/washes it would take to reach minimum HT HP by level 155, it really wasn't that bad. You only need to add 30-40 int to have the base MP, and you can just bloodwash if you don't have the NX by 155. This seems pretty reasonable to me. Whenever I see new players get intimidated by HP washing I just tell them to relax, assure them their account isn't ruined, put like 30 base int, and get some monster book rings later. Most of the time they aren't outraged at the system or depressed that their character isn't an absolutely perfect attacker.

To the OP, I know you mean well and I agree that HP washing is probably a broken mechanic. However, the scale of the problem is blown out of proportion. Your post implicitly contributes to the false idea that HP washing is incredibly difficult and inaccessible by new players. This misinformation is the biggest problem with washing, not the mechanics itself. I urge you to pull up a HP washing calculator and play around with the numbers for various classes. Hopefully you can convince yourself that the washing to HT by 155 is really not that difficult.

*Toad though.....

EDIT: here is the calculator I used, check it out!
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/advanced-hp-wash-calculator-v0-41.16508/

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Bear

Bear Brown Teddy

May 25, 2018
    Male
    GarBear
    I think you mean well too.

I have spent a great deal of time washing my shadower (unnecessarily) and am now facing the issue of washing out excess dex/str as my gear improves. I haven't used Nx for anything else in a while, save a few owls/safety charms. I'm not complaining, just saying I have some experience with that. I also helped my brother plan out his NL and helped fund efforts to give him a lot of int gear. It's no small investment.

Adding 30-40 base int before you start adding your primary stat makes the early game pretty abysmal to play. I understand it's possible, I appreciate your input I really do. But the reality is, the gameplay this inspires is poor. While playing my cleric in KPQ, I had entire parties of 3 - 4 people where at times I was the ONLY one able to do stage 1 and the boss stage. These players are sitting wearing int gear, with tons of base int. This sucks for me and in reality it sucks for them or anyone else encouraged to do the same. Imagine you are starting out and you try KPQ only to find that you need to do 75% of the work. Your opinion of the server is going to be pretty negative.

The game wasn't intended to be played with 40 points in a useless stat. We can, and I would argue should, change the layout or provide another avenue to participate in end-game content.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Bear

Bear Brown Teddy

May 25, 2018
    Male
    GarBear
    By relatively minor investment are you talking about 45m? 20m for a zhelm and 25m for a dep star?

Edit: sorry another 3m I guess for an earring, 2-3m for supplies for a zak run. ~50m? 50m by level 50 is a minor investment for a player starting out?

10. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    It sounds like a lot but it's truly feasible. Players can earn 20m for a zhelm well before level 50 through quests* and PQ**. I don't mean to downplay the struggle to get a zhelm, but I started with 4 other friends and we all managed a zhelm by level 60 through our own accord. Most of the new players within my guild and alliance have gotten their dep star though the quest with a bit of help from guildies/alliance mates. You can earn at least 30m on character by level 60 if you quest and do PQs. If you hunt minibosses like Dyle, Mushmom, Faust, that can feasibly turn into 40-50m by level 50 with no prior funding needed. This is all without considering the fact that you're bound to earn at least a little bit from the gach tickets you will find.

Honestly, if there are new players struggling to get a handle on the game, send them my way or to California!
    If there's anything I understand, it's that starting out without help is the realest struggle there is.

* - quests to guarantee at least 20m but up to 40m by level 50:
    ** - KPQ, Ludi PQ, Ellin PQ, and LMPQ netted me well over 15m by the time I was level 60
    KPQ = overall scrolls
    Ludi PQ = scrolls + cape/earring loot
    Ellin PQ = weapon scrolls
    LMPQ = tons of money NPC'ing pots​

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Bear

Bear Brown Teddy

May 25, 2018
    Male
    GarBear
    I agree it's possible but surely you can agree that the average player is unlikely to get there. EPQ is a net loss really, has anyone ever gotten a worthwhile scroll from the boss? I sure haven't. LMPQ is the most lucrative and stable, as you can get some really solid pots that can be sold. I love LMPQ, it has reasonable rates and I wish more people played it. Yet, I feel like it's dead because a lot of players start leeching around these levels. Hence, my whole other topic about raising the incentive more. I don't know if that would help. It makes me sad that other players are struggling heavily to access what is good content like this because the player base is so small and their colleagues at that level are buying/leeching themselves.

You need to be lvl 80 to finish the dep star assuming you can get a toe/head from someone nice.

A lot of those minibosses are unavailable otherwise I would totally be on board. Case in point, it took me a month to get my 5th mushmom card. She's usually not there. Same with dyle. For anyone reading this, Jr. Balrog is a great option. You can get a number of equips to NPC and most people aren't going that far into sleepy. The drakes along the way drop helm int 60% which can be sold for ~10m.

12. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    I really, honestly believe the average player can get there. I added an edit to my previous post ("If there's anything I understand, it's that starting out without help is the realest struggle there is.") which just means to say that it's possible if you have someone to help show you the ropes.

Regarding EPQ:
    The boss drops many worthwhile 60% scrolls:
    claw (400k), wand (250k), 1h sword (100k), 2h sword (100k), bow (100k), staff (100k), dagger (75k), knuckle (75k), gun (75k), and so on.

Regarding PQing:
    I think our experience PQing has been different. In the past few months, when I created new characters, I've managed to find parties at LPQ and EPQ in reasonable time. Then LMPQ, OPQ, and PPQ gets regularly organized within my guild/alliance, where we just knock out tons of efficient runs together.

Regarding Dep Star:
    Yeah, you need level 80 but that's fine for washing too. You have 75 levels left to HP wash! MapleF18
    TRICK TIP: Search ML rankings for a level 180+ warrior. /find them in-game and ask if they are hunting Bigfoot. There is literally always at least one of them doing so and they are always happy to help you out for free.

Regarding Minibossing:
    You have a good point. This is the best option for those who are busy doing other things and not looking to actively earn mesos. This is what worked well for me while I was studying.

Note:
    There are definitely other options to earn mesos too! You can net a guaranteed 750k - 1m mesos doing the orbis rock scroll quest once a day! Train at voodoos to get them heartstoppers which sell for great mesos!

Also, sorry for the "regarding" format. It seems kinda stoic but I thought it'd be helpful to organize my response in our discussion. :p

13. OP
    OP
    Bear

Bear Brown Teddy

May 25, 2018
    Male
    GarBear
    EPQ is so short (45-55) that I just have to disagree. I had a net loss for sure using pots on the stages/boss. If the boss drops anything of value, (doesn't drop an axe, BW, or defense scroll) someone else has a chance to pick it up. It's great exp for the level, but isn't going to be a big money maker.

My larger point is that you and I have the experience and knowledge to make this all happen. Lots of new players don't have access to your particular guild to join LMPQ. They aren't planning this far ahead. They aren't stocking up money to have 50m by lvl 50. If by chance they just keep leveling and buying other shit and.... are just playing the game it was intended to, they can find themselves very far behind.

If they get burned that way, a lot of them are going to seriously consider quitting. Whether they would have stuck around another 1 ,2, or 3 months nobody can say. But I don't know why we can't give them other chances to rebuild their character. So what if they don't have the time or fortitude to start over and grind their time into oblivion? The result is still the same, we bleed players and that hurts everyone on the server.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    6:48 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Not sure if you're simply complaining at this point or actually suggesting something. Everytime julianlee93julianlee93 posts useful information you're rejecting it and saying the opposite.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    My guild and I try our best to be a welcoming option for new players to join. :)

In the end, it makes a big difference depending on who you get to meet in those first few weeks of gameplay. This is why one of my suggestions I mentioned in your previous thread was to do something like this:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Bear

Bear Brown Teddy

May 25, 2018
    Male
    GarBear
    Is this how you feel julianlee93julianlee93 ? If that's how I'm coming across I'm terribly sorry. I think a lot of what he's saying is great information. I wish more players knew about all of this before they started so they could plan around things better. I'm trying to provide a different perspective. I know it's not what you as a developer wants to hear, but I think there is merit to it.

17. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    I'm not here to pick sides or to tell anyone their opinions are right or wrong. I can see you're passionate about the game and want new players to stick around, but I don't entirely agree with some of the points being made. So, I am trying to provide insight with what I've learned myself, in hopes we'll be able to paint a clearer picture for where the issue lies and what we can fix. Thus, while I do not feel like you're completing rejecting my ideas, I do not feel like the heart of my points is getting across.

So - as succinctly as I can put it - the heart of my ideas: I think the issue is nuanced and I don't believe the solution is as simple as just 'fix washing' or 'buff PQs'. My belief is that the most vital aspects to these issue are, in order of most important to least: (1)availability of more reliable information, (2)an effective method to plug new players into the community, and (3)small tweaks to re-balance the game as the state of the game changes.

I believe the 3rd aspect has been achieved, for the most part (though it should be revisited regularly). The first and second are where I would like to see our attention focused.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Bear

Bear Brown Teddy

May 25, 2018
    Male
    GarBear
    Ok I hear you. I agree with you that making this information more readily available will be an asset to the community at large. I hope you do follow through on your idea of making a guide or two. In fairness to the community, when I started there as a TON of information, although some of it was outdated.

I can't necessarily comment on 2 because I don't know how that can be approached.

Regarding 3, I think that should be revisited right now. If these areas of the game are dead I do feel strongly that we can make efforts to improve them. There are a lot of angles to approach this. Is leeching too prevalent and driving players away from actually playing the game? Are the rewards/incentives too low to get people to join? I would point to APQ as an example of a PQ that has sufficient incentive and therefore players looking to join. Are we bleeding players because of hp washing issues? Is it a vicious cycle where, they try to continue playing the game into late 2nd/3rd job only to find that everyone is leeching, not actually playing content (pq's/grinding), and decide to leave thereby leaving those areas dead once more?

I know people that have quit for all the reasons above. It's a shame. This ship has sailed and I give up on discussing any of this further. It has somehow turned into players arguing that if you aren't happy you need to self-examine, take a break, find a new server etc. I'm not on here putting this in writing because I need the help. I'm perfectly stable and established on my accounts. Good day all.

19. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    I agree. I think. What information? Perking up here because #1 is something that players can make happen.

20. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    I don't see why you insist that players are leaving due to hp washing. Especially since monster rings release wasn't too long ago.

First off players have free access to guides and tips available on the forums and discord. (Easy thing to find).
    Second the issue involving high amounts of hp washing were taken care of with the addition of 2 rings that give a total of 1100 hp. You can argue that its hard to get tier 10 rings, but since the 2nd update on rings and the upcoming teaser on a 3rd release rings should be a lot easier to manage.
    Also the argument of you not having a t10 is silly because you aren't 155+ either so you have plenty of time.
    Your friend not wanting to wash is silly, he neither has to add int or anything else but wash possibly 10 times especially since the nx is free.
    From what i see most people quit because of hp washing yes, but it is because they push themselves to achieve ridiculous hp goals is the main reason. Especially since the release of the rings giving 1100 hp is incredibly generous. Which equates to over 60 washes to ranged classes.

• Agree Agree x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.