1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Class with no HP washing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Humpf, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Humpf

Humpf Orange Mushroom

Jan 25, 2019
    Male
    12:24 AM
    Corrosion
    Hey all! So im new, just downloaded this the other day and want to play a class that requires NO Hp Washing, as im just not a fan of the concept. So can anyone recommend any?

2. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    10:24 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Mages can go without HP washing, but they might prefer MP washing so they can use big mana spells with less elixirs.

Shadowers can boss with minimal HP washing due to Meso Guard skill

some warrior classes need no HP washing either but i forget specifically which ones.

3. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    7:24 AM
    Shadower
    Beaters
    For warriors heroes and paladins can get away with not washing, dark knights need to wash since zerking requires them to be under half hp in order to do effective damage. Like the previous poster said, shads and mages dont need to hp wash and also buccs don't really need washing since they get a job in 2nd job that gives them bonus hp every level. Also as a side note getting a tier 10 monster book ring gives 1k hp which is really nice, especially for shadowers if you make one.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Humpf

Humpf Orange Mushroom

Jan 25, 2019
    Male
    Corrosion
    Thanks for the replies guys! Atm I have a 21 Magician (still not sure what 2nd job ill go) and a 23 Rogue who will become a Bandit. I seem to be struggling on the Rogue though, im following a guide that says to basically put it all on LUK til around 55 then start adding DEX and STR, but right now im hitting like garbage and not sure if there is even gear I can upgrade too. Any help/advice for this problem?

5. Konnui

Konnui Timer

Jun 9, 2017
    Konnui
    Shadower
    Agape
    get an attack glove (8att is a good start for beginners)
    scroll a lv25 raggedy cape for luk, or find a 2 w.att black raggedy cape
    lv25 brown bamboo hat
    scroll a lv25 bathrobe for luk
    scrolled stolen fence (or wristguard) for luk or w.att (latter is expensive)
    lv30 slimey shoes from kpq boss

your ap plans are fine in regards to adding luk only until 55, bandits are just weak in general :3c

6. kickserve

kickserve Brown Teddy

Jan 24, 2019
    There is also the fact you don’t have mastery so the lower bound of your range is very low, once you get to 60% mastery the numbers will stabilize quite a bit

7. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    magician should be a cleric (once you get to priest and holy symbol, it will make training on your bandit ALOT faster). In addition to what KonnuiKonnui said, you should spend your nx on increasing your use slots and go to showa town to buy ciders. Its a green potion that increases WA by 20.

8. OP
    OP
    Humpf

Humpf Orange Mushroom

Jan 25, 2019
    Male
    Corrosion
    Wow thanks for the info guys! Really appreciate it! :)

I wont be able to get the 8att wg anytime soon since I just started, and I have a question in regards to your reply akashskyakashsky, you mentioned become a cleric then hs my bandit, does that mean split screen is allowed in this server? And if it is then ill probs make another acc and put the cleric on THAT account rather then my main acc

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Yes multiclient is allowed.

10. OP
    OP
    Humpf

Humpf Orange Mushroom

Jan 25, 2019
    Male
    Corrosion
    Oh sweet as! Thanks! Guess ill get started on making a cleric on another acc then :)

11. Giltine

Giltine Red Snail

Jan 27, 2019
    Male
    Giltine
    Beginner
    SoloStory
    I think cleric is a good option, that's what I'm doing.

12. OP
    OP
    Humpf

Humpf Orange Mushroom

Jan 25, 2019
    Male
    Corrosion
    So far I have 1 mage level 23 and the other level 22 close to 23, so im just in a party with those 2 together and training. Gonna be a long time to get to HS stage but hope its worth it in the end

13. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    That's what I did and I can tell you its very much worth it.

Some tips: Try to keep a lookout for GM buffs. It's basically 30 mins of free Holy symbol while you train. It really does boost your grind speed if it happens. They mostly happen on weekends i think.

Try to multi client in party quests early on. Double KPQ rewards is really nice, you got double the chance to hit an overall armor int 10% which is an easy 3.5m.

Double rewards in LPQ is also nice. However, multi clienting in PQs is resource intensive on you, you need to actually control two chars decently well to not slow the entire party down too much.

I suggest doing kpq from where you are now until level 30, then a combination of grinding and questing to 35. From 35-40 i suggest you do some LPQ. You can even keep LPQing till 51 if you want, but IMO it gets pretty slow after 40.

After 40 just try to grind at the optimal spot for your class and let your other char leech.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Humpf

Humpf Orange Mushroom

Jan 25, 2019
    Male
    Corrosion
    Wow thanks my dude for the advice! I really appreciate it! Ill give KPQ a go, its hard cause no1 really does it from what I have experienced and yeah like you said it will be hard to control both characters, but ill see how I go! Again thanks a ton my dude! :)

15. Diego

Diego Capt. Latanica

Jun 7, 2015
    9:24 AM
    As a matter of fact, you can play any class with no HP washing. Of course, if you strive for the "endgame life" then you either HP wash or play the classes mentioned above.

• Like Like x 1
  16. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    10:24 PM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    You have a bandit and a mage, they are valuable assets to lpq.
    If your bandit is a sindit (adding first job skills same as assassin, but job advance to bandit, since double stab is useless), it will be even better.

LPQ.jpg

Whalecum to MapleLegends and have a tsuki tsuki day :heartbeat:

17. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    Shadowers, Bishop (I/L and F/P might need mp washing), Heroes, Paladins are classes that do not need hp washing -- although if you want to wash them, you can!

I also forgot to mention that although Buccs do have a skill to increase their hp gain per level at 2nd job, they would be at a disadvantage if you do not hp wash them

18. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    4:24 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I'd say GM is an appropriate class without HP Washing.

But yeah... generally speaking :
    Shadower / Hero / Paladin