1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiclienting on Bosses

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joota, May 20, 2020.

1. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    5:03 AM
    Thanks, I understand how it works. Just want to get a better understanding of what GMs think about this. Same with shadow star bug.

2. isamelon

isamelon Mushmom

Jan 15, 2019
    Female
    8:03 AM
    Isamelon
    Corsair
    DerpFam
    The day shadow star big gets fixed..... Selling stars is gonna be more profitable that ht :pepehands:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. artificial

artificial Orange Mushroom

Feb 12, 2018
    DirtyDildo
    F/P Wizard
    You know what is funny? I used to use macro programs to auto attack bosses on GMS that worked just like that. This is exploiting the game. It is cheating. It is doing something you should not be able to do playing the game normally.

As one of the few users on maple legends that actually plays with someone else on the same internet, we would both be fine if we had to take turn bossing or doing events or whatever, if it created more balance in game. Part of the reason we play this server is because it has so many safeguards against people exploiting the game for unfair advantages. Do you think people are really gonna set up VPNs and secondary computers to run their SI mule, HH mule, BM attacker when it is a bannable offense? I don't. I don't think people would AFK farm like they are now if that was a bannable offense. I'm honestly curious to how many people on this server share an IP address with their spouse/sibling/kiddo and how they would feel about having to boss separately because people were exploiting the game. I personally don't care.

• Like Like x 1
  4. postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    LOOK WE CAN'T EVEN MACRO HURRICANE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE OK

the more important question should be: should all NLs who use the shadow star bug be banned?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    yes

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Xydan

Xydan Chronos

Feb 1, 2019
    Male
    Xydan
    I find this a poor argument. Writing code for a bot/macro that can bypass anti-cheat detection isn't easy either, yet we don't allow botting simply because it took "effort." The gold standard for rules is whether it improves gameplay/the game experience. So the real question is whether allowing mules at HT is a detriment to the game or not.

7. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    To be honest, i don't really think whether it improves or worsens the gameplay experience is the biggest issue with this. I think that enforcement and boundaries are also a problem. If you are going to ban muling at horntail, why stop there? Why not also ban muling at every other boss. Why stop at bosses, why not also ban muling at party quests? What about grinding too?. Furthermore, rules focused on changing on behavior are somewhat difficult enforce and will eventually lead to a lot of work by staff and bans.

How would you find out if someone was actually multiclienting at a boss run (say they were using 2 different computers)? If a rule isn't enforced, people will end up breaking it, and enforcing this multiclient rule imo would be an unnecessary added burden on staff. Just from looking at the past on this server, there were tons of high level players banned permanently from consecutive accounts of vote abuse (back when it was not allowed).

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    6:03 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    dexbucc users mad quiet
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Xydan

Xydan Chronos

Feb 1, 2019
    Male
    Xydan
    Easy. Before we let anyone into the boss map, just make them do a running stage like in APQ. If they try to mule they won't be able to operate both clients at once and one of them will die. You don't have to make it a bannable offense, just make it incredibly difficult.

• Creative Creative x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    8:03 PM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    this game so boring every boss hold 1 button for 1hr don't have any mechanics to dodge. if they want to try hard and bring a hh mule i guess they can.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    I don't think your example is comparable. Writing code isn't within the scope of the game, whereas levelling a character, gearing it, and making optimal use of its skills is. Moreover, not everyone is able to write code, whereas everyone is capable of creating a character and playing it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    No, we dont allow botting because it gives players an unfair advantage. Tell me, what is so unfair about making a new character, leveling it up and bringing it into a boss?
    Nothing about making or bringing a mule into a boss is unachievable by other players, all you need to do is just play the game.

13. artificial

artificial Orange Mushroom

Feb 12, 2018
    DirtyDildo
    F/P Wizard
    One Character per person per boss map. If that requires implementing 1 ip per boss restrictions, so be it. If you are using 2 computers with 2 IP addresses to bypass the block, that's a ban. It's a very simple situation to solve.

As for grinding, you were a part of the reason why mannequins was nerfed with AFK farming. The same people who are making these dexbuccs and HH mules are the one's psuedo botting, farming meso, equips, gach all without having to do anything but rebuff your summon. How is that fair? Now there are five maps that were once efficient training spots for people are gone. Back when people were getting banned for vote abuse, there were ways to make meso by buying gach in cash shop. That is abuse. Making multiple accounts to AFK farm is abuse. Holding maps with mules is griefing. There are a lot of things that I observe in this server that make me scratch my head. I don't care about mules when training, I care about the abuses going on RE dexbuccs, HH mules, and AFK farming.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    i cant wait for everyone to start running 10 man cwkpq's and giving bishops bonus boxes

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  15. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies

I understand your argument for why AFK farming affects others (except for the part where you blame Akash... what does that achieve aside from creating hostility?). I don't understand why/how dex buccs and HH mules affect others, or how it relates to AFK farming. It's not true that all people who AFK farm have HT mules (or vice versa).

Removing dex buccs and HH mules isn't going to stop people from clearing HT. It might slow them down, but they will likely continue to clear within the timer with the same attackers. Based on that, my guess is that removing these mules will have no positive effect on this server's welfare.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    hes just mad he cant abuse mannes for event drops, or for brain dead grinding :roflmao:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Nicholas

Nicholas Mixed Golem

Jun 9, 2016
    Male
    London
    DragonNich
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Summer
    A member of the balance team was one of the first to comment on this thread (Fishy).

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Nicholas

Nicholas Mixed Golem

Jun 9, 2016
    Male
    London
    DragonNich
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Summer
    I'm in, just need 9 more levels for max hammer

19. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    R>BISHOP FOR CWKPQ NEED TO PAY 3 APPLE ENTRANCE FEE

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    There's implementing a solution, and then there's enforcing it. Enforcing this rule is just going to make the GM's life harder due to the heavily increased workload from a rule that is hardly enforceable in the first place.

There seems to be some sort of cognitive bias amongst early-mid game players, that people who utilise dexbuccs/HH mules have this unfair advantage that is game-breaking and should be nerfed to the ground. I don't see any of you complaining about gs afk farming "abuse" or FoT bombing/misting "abuse". You all do realise that even with the removal of these mules, HT is still very much killable for those squads, albeit with a slightly longer time. These mules can literally be utilised only in one place, and it's not like killing HT 10 mins faster is extremely game-breaking, since you are only limited to 2 attempts/day. Perhaps I'm being biased here, since I'm surrounded by these mules, but it's not like any of us are forcing people or telling people "create these mules, or else you're screwed in this game".

• Agree Agree x 3