1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiclienting on Bosses

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joota, May 20, 2020.

1. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    10:20 PM
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    Why is multiclienting on bosses still a thing lol

Is this a challenge for me to make 8 HH mules and solo HT?

Follow up: if I make 8 HH mules and clear HT by myself, will the balance team consider removing multiclienting from boss runs or will they just ban me altogether lol

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    11:20 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  3. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    its not a bannable offense , sweaty offense... but not bannable :3

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    1:20 PM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    pally mules and bucc mules kinda broken and heavily abused in horntail... I agree to remove it for bosses such as horntail but will have many salty players very angry.

Dex Bucc mules render targeted seduce useless gives extra lives and si for warriors. Bringing 3 buccs gives infinite resurrections like wheel of fortune in current maplestory

A pally mule without any gear speeds up ht run by 10 minutes hammering

5. artificial

artificial Orange Mushroom

Feb 12, 2018
    DirtyDildo
    F/P Wizard
    I am personally in support of blocking multiclient at bossing, it's pretty absurd what you can do on one computer.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    but if someone 2 computers, we cant really complain or "ban them"

7. artificial

artificial Orange Mushroom

Feb 12, 2018
    DirtyDildo
    F/P Wizard
    Sure, why not? I imagine very few people play on the same IP address, and even then the GMs can figure out whose mules are whose. Let us put an end to HH mules, SI mules, and the like. The only thing nostalgic about this server at this point is all the high leveled characters are "afk farming" which is a psuedo version of the botting that went on in GMS. How is it that a person can use their bowmaster and a melee attacker at the same time in CWKPQ? Something is off about how end game is on this server, and I have been around since launch.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 4
  8. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    1:20 AM
    DMsRebirth
    Never let it be said that controlling multiple clients is not challenging.

• Agree Agree x 15
  9. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    2:20 PM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    It's a little "dirty play" but it does not warrant a ban in my opinion as it takes an enormous effort to grind up 9 characters to be HT worthy and not to mention the time and cost required to achieve that.

Then there is also the difficulty of managing a main and 8 other mules at once during the actual fight soooooo.... yeah..

10. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    I think you fail to realize the extra effort, time, and money spent into bringing extra mules into bosses. whether it be the pots your mule consumes, the leech youve done/bought for the mule or the resets used, these 4th job mules take a lot of effort.
    As someone that has done 4 client HT with 3 attackers, i can tell you this shit is not easy.
    I think people should stop complaining about how other people choose to boss and worry about themselves ❤️

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    12:20 PM
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    inb4 multi-clients is forbid and bananable

12. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    What's wrong with letting people play the way they want to play? I don't see any of the people who multiclient in HT trying to moralize or say this is how the game should be played. Most of them just seem to enjoy the added challenge and get satisfaction from mastering new techniques and adding value. It doesn't stop people from running single client HTs. The people optimizing HT are off in their own land, enjoying the game in their own way, and a lot of them are really helpful to any new runners looking to learn how to kill the boss. I like a lot of the people running their efficient HTs, for the most part they're fun to hang out with and chat to. So I don't really understand the hate they get and I'm not sure if their haters have really spoken to many of them. They aren't ruining HT. It doesn't ruin their runs by getting rid of mules, if anything they can still apple or just add a 5th or 6th man.

I don't think the game would be any better for dropping the skill floor. If anything it would just be more boring for the people who enjoy trying to optimize. They've gotten to where they are because of their hard work. As someone who only use a single client for HT, I respect the work they put in and I'm happy for their success. It's a game, and it doesn't hurt anyone to simply play how you want. There's a cost in time, resources, and energy that comes with every decision, and if people have the commitment for it, it's fine. If they don't, then the game is still playable. HT is no less runnable because of them. The multi-client folks just want the higher cap.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. OP
    OP
    joota

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    Fair enough.

This was more targeted towards GMs/Balance Team to make the moral judgment. (Notice how I don't have an argument in the OP)

To be fair though, if you haven't tried using an HH mule, it's really easy (like really easy). I imagine using a dexbucc is even easier. Although, I can't say I've tried using 8 HH mules at once lol

Also, once you have a pipeline of leech tho, making multiple 4th job mules isn't as huge of a hassle as y'all seem to think it is.

Speaking of HH mules, does anyone want to run a purely HH HT run (no blast, only HH and buffs)? I think it's clearable with 16-20 pallies/HH mules

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. seriousgamer

seriousgamer King Slime

Feb 8, 2020
    Male
    1:20 PM
    the balance must be restored

• Like Like x 2
  15. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    I think this is more of a problem with endgame in general. When HT is the only option for endgame players then they're going to find ways to optimize it. I would say most of us share the same view that NT is garbage, toad is garbage, and cwk was fairly decent but is pretty garbage now with scroll prices tanking. That leaves only HT as a viable option for endgame content which is why so many people continue running it at 200. I do agree that muling is way too easy though. I'm sure it gets harder with 3 clients or different classes but muling a dexbucc takes very little effort because pet auto hp heals any damage I take so all I need to do is remember to feed my pet. Hammer mule takes some extra effort but a few extra key presses every 15 seconds isn't that hard and gives a lot of value in HT. Not sure what I'd change though because like Alyosha said removing mules from HT wouldn't really impact the runs these mules are brought on. If we're clearing with 45-50 minutes left then taking out 2 hammers and SI won't change much. We'll still clear it'll just take longer or we'd bring another attacker/use attack pots.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    Totally agree that others should stop worrying and let people play the game however they see fit. I think OP was just trying to get an understanding of where the staffs stood on this. Many people I know who use SI/HH mules opt to do so, because they want to optimize on making mesos and not rely on selling leech for mesos.

The same people complaining about mules in HT are probably the same ones using HS/SI/MU/HB/SE/Haste/Sweeper/Bear/unicorn mules to sell leech in an effort to optimize meso farming. If that’s not a sweaty offense, I don’t know what is.

I think the issue of multi-client should be addressed as a whole and not just limited to bossing.

NGL, this is genius, but I think this is a separate issue in itself and warrants taking a look at.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    joota

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    s0methings0mething
    LOL THE SHADE. Don't @ me like that please

But also, S>5-6 leech got HS/SI/MU/HB/SE/Haste/Sweeper/Bear/unicorn

18. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    Can a GM chime in on this? I would like to know the legality of it as well.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    11:20 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    [​IMG]
    such extra effort and challenge
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Bow masters just press hurricane and click out and it just keeps hitting until you get hit so it’s not the hardest to attack on a bm and another account. As for this topic in general people would just get around the multi clienting like they did during christmas pq so i see really no point in banning it lol since it’d just screw over a few people. Buccs being able to have 999 avoid easily is honestly broken and maybe the avoid formula should be adjusted but other than that i feel like mules are fine at HT and if people invested that much in a char they should be able to use it. If someone really wants to spend their time making 8 HH mules I say let em be

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2