1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the rationale behind mob spawn changes in 7F

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ckjustin, Jun 9, 2020.

1. ckjustin

ckjustin Mano

Apr 27, 2020
    12:34 PM
    Hero
    As title, anyone know why the golden and silver giant now spawn on shelf instead? Also, I heard some frens said the exp / mob spawn location led to a decrease in EPH, is everyone experienced the same?

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    6:34 AM
    Moderator Post
    Its a bug

• Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    ckjustin

ckjustin Mano

Apr 27, 2020
    Hero
    Referring to Kimmy's message above, it's a bug and it should be fix soon we just have to be patience I think =)

Thanks in advance Kimmy.

4. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    1:34 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Wait 7F never had a safe spot...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    10:19 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    There were safe spots in between the fishies as long as no one attacked anything in the map.

Now, it's struggle to cc or go to the FM for buffs for JC. But that's just a minor inconvenience. No biggie.

6. Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I believe with the initial release, it wasn't a safe spot, and then it somehow became a safe spot on Mac clients only? Apologies if I'm mis-remembering this. But mac client safe spot was abused heavily by mages (which is why we can't have nice things guys...)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    12:34 AM
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    The feb 16 client was released with a safe spot in the middle platform, by mistake. The feb 17 client had this removed, same with the march client. But up until the april client, you could still run on the feb 16 client, so people used that to have a safe spot in 7f.

8. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    There was a safe spot on the top left as well that I don’t think works anymore with fish agro

9. Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Wasn't top left un-reachable?

10. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    10:19 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    If a fish was hit, it would aggro and hit anyone up there. Now it’s auto aggro.

11. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    You could teleport up there. I saw people put mages there and then dual client to ult left side and use attacker on right side to solo the map (only worked if you 1 shot fish with mage or froze them). Personally I used it to put an HS mule up there so I didn’t need to leave map to get buffs. Now I think it’s impossible to do that but idk haven’t been to 7f in a while.

12. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    How it was before February 2020: Fishes and monks have the same attack range as they do now. However, fishes weren't auto aggro then, so as long as you don't attack anything you could afk in the middle desk, and as long as you don't attack the fishes yourself you could afk in the "unreachable" high spot on top left (which could stlil be reached by teleport)

On the February 16 version: Fishes become autoaggro, but both its range and the monks range were cut short, meaning that you could 100% afk in the middle no matter what

After the February 17 patch: Fishes are autoaggro and monsters range are restores, so now you can't afk anywhere in the map because anywhere the monks don't spawn, the fishes can hit you.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Trippiee

Trippiee Mano

Apr 14, 2020
    11:34 PM
    Safe spot pls so I can live at 7f again ty ily

14. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    Err how does this client stuff work?
    If one player in the map has client version with safe spot, and another player with client version without safe spot, what will happen?

15. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    The one without the client and its screen would look like the person's god modding is my guess

• Agree Agree x 1