1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Do paladins need a buff?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by akashsky, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    11:27 AM
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    Yea, 4 ACBs = 1 HH as well, just a little faster than Blast.

Apologies for not testing with a ST and Claymore, those were borrowed and while recording the owners were not online.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. jefa

jefa Slime

Nov 4, 2019
    Male
    12:27 PM
    jafa
    Magician
    As a 183 paladin main, i believed pladin is still good.

But after today's ht
    i realised it's time to quit paladin.

my ht dpm45 goes down to 4.3 4.5m from 7.5m.

Paladin got double nerf cuz of arm aggro patch.
    I had to hit right head.
    or if i hit left or mid head for more dpm, ht squad should take more risks.

And also i loved paladins 2 different type attacking skill at boss.
    but now we should play 1 button bossing.
    no fun for me now.

Im out.
    Go to leech hero and bucc.

• Like Like x 3
  3. fahad

fahad Mushmom

Mar 17, 2020
    Male
    6:27 AM
    Hakai
    Beginner
    Damn me as lv 155 Paladin, who doesn’t feel like making another character, I feel gutted seeing this happen to high lv pallies.
    I hope the staff fix this mess and make it right.

4. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    no heroes need a buff and night lords.

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. fahad

fahad Mushmom

Mar 17, 2020
    Male
    Hakai
    Beginner
    Pallies did receive an indirect buff from summer patch, you don’t have to travel alot now, just leave your character at kampung for scar, and talk to spinal for NT and zipangu bosses, which saves a lot of time and teleport rocks.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Do you have figures for DK, Hero, Pally grind at shaolin?

I saw this the other day and didn't have a chance to reply.

#1 Transparency is defined as (according to https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/transparent):
    a: free from pretense or deceit : FRANK
    b: easily detected or seen through : OBVIOUS
    c: readily understood
    d: characterized by visibility or accessibility of information especially concerning business practices

There was no deceit in our decisions, nor was the reasoning for why we made the decision obscured. I think we were pretty clear with what was communicated and that we'd also be monitoring the result of our changes and seeing what our next course of action should be.

#2 The graph from anniversary hasn't been affected since that never took into account Heaven's Hammer. Their status as single target attackers remain unchanged for the time being.

#3 There is no boss with multiple parts at 170+. Horntail is technically 160, but that's pretty much it for multi-part bosses. The rest of the bosses remain single target, aka NT. Even for PB, based on how the runs use to be done (from what I can gather from researching) statues were done individually anyway rather than cleaved, so as to not trigger unnecessary number of skills/bosses.

For the 160+ training, as I mentioned above, I would like some hard data, since mere claims are a bit tough to base around.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  7. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    11:27 PM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Been a while since I grinded 7f but I would get anywhere from 55-80m eph from 170+ on polearm DK. Most of it depended on my partner. Weaker buccs/archers would be on the low end and shads/DK/hero on higher end. Never grinded on a pally but in my experience most of 7f depends on your partner. Pally at 5-6 is vastly overrated imo. Exp isn’t that good for a mage so they’re usually better off teaming up with another mage.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. PandaOnPanda

PandaOnPanda Timer

Jun 29, 2019
    PandaOn___
    Paladin, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    Homies
    I had tested the numbers awhile ago and commented in a pally guide, but here are the comparisons with the 15 s HH (YMMV)

pally/DK duo at Crims.
    Lvl 151 Pally: 44m
    Lvl 117 DK: 25m (added EPH by attacking crims while HH was on CD)

PRE-SHAOLIN NERF NUMBERS
    3-4 duo with I/L
    lvl 153 Pally: 63m eph
    lvl 125 I/L: 35m eph

5-6 duo with I/L
    lvl 154 Pally: 73m eph
    lvl 128 I/L: 54m eph

7f duo with Shad w/ taunt that i think was lvl 10 (?)
    lvl 152 Pally: 85m eph
    lvl 141 Shad: can't remember, I think something like 55ish

Able to clear each side before HH comes back up for 3-4 and 5-6. As Pres said it's all up to your partner for 7f. Don't have the exact numbers, but the eph drops to ~60-65m without that shad taunting all the time.

Overall good exp, but with some caveats. Mages can get much better exp with other mages so they would never want to grind with a pally. Pallys steal all the exp with HH so they aren't ideal training partners, but in order to utilize the power of HH we need to have a partner.

9. Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Okay so training front seems to still be pretty solid I'd say. Definitely no where near it used to be in its former 10 second glory, but still strong as a grinder.

10. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    4:27 AM
    Pretty sure these numbers are post-HH nerf but pre Shaolin nerf that took place around March earlier this year.

I can barely break 60m with a bishop duo on my pally now.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. fahad

fahad Mushmom

Mar 17, 2020
    Male
    Hakai
    Beginner
    This sounds unrealistic for lv 152 pally at shaolin, I have trained there with shad before it no where near this exp, I got like 50mish, I have also asked other pallies they seem to get around 45-55m

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    I'll add my voice that those HH numbers don't seem accurate. Max I recall is 60m-ish when duo-ing with a shadower with hs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. PandaOnPanda

PandaOnPanda Timer

Jun 29, 2019
    PandaOn___
    Homies
    Ahhh that was the change I forgot about! Yes those are all pre-shaolin nerf. These numbers were from awhile ago, like January/Feb or something as that was the last time i grinded on my pally haha. So yeah expect those to drop significantly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. fahad

fahad Mushmom

Mar 17, 2020
    Male
    Hakai
    Beginner
    I talked about the training pace since you guys used it as an argument to justify nerf for HH, when it’s clearly not that great after 160.
    horntail is the main boss in this game at moment.
    There was no good reason for making HH hit from 200-50k, other than because people abused it With mulling, that’s the main problem

15. Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    There was no 7f nerf though right? I remember our 5-6 changes, but I can't recall 7F being changed besides removing the safe spot that accidentally got added

16. PandaOnPanda

PandaOnPanda Timer

Jun 29, 2019
    PandaOn___
    Homies
  17. Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Ohhhh the exp changes. Forgot about those

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    8:27 PM
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    HH cast time based on weapon speed
    8: 3720ms
    7: 3510ms
    6: 3300ms
    5: 3120ms
    4: 2910ms
    3: 2700ms
    2: 2490ms

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  19. fahad

fahad Mushmom

Mar 17, 2020
    Male
    Hakai
    Beginner
    I wanted to do more test at 7f, but map is currently bugged , I assume you guys will fix it later, anyway the the hole training pace thing was brought up because hammer training is really overrated and it’s not a good reason to make a pally, seeing that at lv 160+ other warrior branches get the same exp if not better at later stages.
    Also they have easier time getting into ht and cwkpq which is the main exp and Meso place for cleavers.
    Unlike pallies once they have max HH it’s super hard to find Bishop to duo with, I usually give them the npc and gachas that drops there, in hopes they don’t run off to skele, which they do after 1hr or so.
    Does pallies need buff? Gonna leave that to balance team to decide. But I have an idea for an indirect buff that would help pallies be more of a bossing class, which is to reduce the timer on nt bosses from 4hrs to 30-40min just like what you guys did with ht timer, which was changed from 12hrs -2hrs, also buff nt bosses exp currently they give bad exp for lv 170+ bosses buffing the exp also will give more reason to do these runs.
    Just like cwkpq and ht where time is an issue which makes people favor drk and hero’s, I don’t see any reason not to reduce the time to perform these bosses there.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. fahad

fahad Mushmom

Mar 17, 2020
    Male
    Hakai
    Beginner
    Gonna revive this thread because I still don’t see a reason for someone to make a pally.

good change for pallies is to make heavens hammer scale with character stats rather than fixed number, hammer is borderline useless for pallies at ht, it’s a part of our kit, it has to have the ability to cleave, even if it didn’t match our previous hammer damage.
    Holy charge could use some buffs two, this skill has no use, unless someone is a pepega that likes to waste potential skele maps for bishops that actually use it, I know this server doesn’t like reviving useless skills for some reason, but pallies need these buffs to be balanced again to other picks.

• Agree Agree x 3