1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Floris' Journey (Maple Journal)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Floris, Dec 5, 2020.

Continue the thread?

Poll closed Dec 18, 2020.
  1. I'm still interested in seeing your posts

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No its fine just end it here

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FatSloth

FatSloth Windraider Retired Staff

Nov 15, 2020
    Male
    9:50 PM
    FatSloth
    Buccaneer
    ImACatMeow
    I regularly read pretty much all of the journals, but I typically dont respond until im very invested or major progress was made. For what its worth you likely have others in this silent audience that enjoy your content.

That said if you aren't personally enjoying making the new content then there's no reason you should push yourself to continue.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    4:50 AM
    ily cookers <3

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    Thank you for this! I do definitely enjoy making the content and tracking my progress (though thus far it has been temporary progression), I was just not sure whether people were still interested in me making it :).

EDIT: also your puppy made my heart melt omg

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    So I have went ahead and placed the content of my previous iteration of this journal in spoilers labeled old content. As I said the content will remain here, I just felt it would be more clear to a new reader on where the 'relevant to the current situation' content starts. I no longer have the items/characters so reading through them to find out they are gone on the next page might not interest everyone.

If anyone feels I should not do so or has tips on a better approach, please let me know C:.

Also, as I said I give away my items to new players before deleting these characters. There are 3 noobie archers walking around with 20+ dex robes already, I suppose it might turn into Floris' charity journal one day LOL.

EDIT: meet our new cutie pie of an adventurer;
    upload_2020-12-18_12-1-43.png

First update will come tomorrow <3
    Have a great day!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    Day: 1
    Time played: 3 hrs
    Total time: 3 hrs

hi ~

So I haven't ever before gotten the yellow work gloves on maple island, but I did this time! Great start to the little archer boi :).

In game:
    - did the job beginner quests
    - sold fame for 100k
    - sold ywg for 2.5m
    upload_2020-12-19_13-0-54.png

- job advanced:
    upload_2020-12-19_13-1-29.png

- got one gach ticket:
    upload_2020-12-19_13-1-43.png

So we're off to a pretty good start! I'll see you on the next update tomorrow :)

Also christmas event HYPE

Have a great day ~

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    10:50 AM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    Wait wut, now +1int ywg worth 2.5m?

7. OP
    OP
    Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    Hi ~

So I speak for many people I believe when I say its been quite a journey. For anyone who is interested:
    Basically I feel like I have been approaching this journal (specifically; the choice of whether to make a marksman, bowmaster or buccaneer) in a rational way. That's probably the main problem here, combined with something I feel many new players experience; some level of pressure where everyone is HP washing and it takes a year or more to wash one character. For me, this made me endlessly doubt whether I was making the 'right' class, as there is no quick way to wash a character. Anyway back to the rational approach, my previous considerations per class were something along the lines of:
    Marksman; cheapest 30% scrolls, able to do decent level once they get snipe while keeping high base int, archer advantage (explained later).
    Bowmaster; easy to play, hurricane alt+tabbing allows for some serious semi-afk HH/BF killing, higher DPM potential than marksman.
    Archer; ranged classes (less walking to mobs), require less attention while grinding (could probably spam AR/AE while also sometimes glancing over at netflix/a lecture), this server is SO HUNGRY for SE.
    Buccaneer; solid all-round character (buffs, mobbing, 1v1), always wanted to make one, comparatively lower DPM, gameplay requires much much more attention.

Basically most of these things aren't really things relevant to picking a class. I see people smegaing looking for SE all the time and was afraid a bucc would have a much harder time trying to get into boss runs (this seems like a drawback as you have to wait around for a spot and might not get accepted in lategame content such as HT or PB). Whether this is true or not I don't even know and it definitely isn't something that should influence your job choice. As for watching netflix while farming; its kinda overrated (imo) because you're not really efficiently farming nor actually watching netflix. I do still feel that bucc grinding (brawler and marauder are just meh jobs imo, the part you need to push through) is kinda blant before 4th job and requires quite a lot of repositioning/jumping/attention in general.

Anyway those were some of my 'rational' thoughts that cause me to repeatedly switch jobs, as I would at one point value some of them more than the others and vice versa.
    /end of blablabla wall of text

As I've always wanted to make a buccaneer (ever since I played maple as an 11 year old kiddie) but never had the stamina to push through 2nd and 3rd job, its probaby the most obvious choice of a job for me. I like that they are a pretty well-rounded class (melee and 'ranged' abilities, decent mobbing and 1v1 and buffs). So I'll try and let go of some of these rational thoughts.

Meet our new little adventurer;
    upload_2020-12-22_13-18-27.png
    Isn't he looking cute?

Quickly afterwards he evolved into a mighty pirate, arrr:
    upload_2020-12-22_13-19-8.png

Now this must be some kind of tinkerbell x captain hook lovebaby, don't you think?
    I'll see you on the first update ~

Have a great day <3

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    8:50 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    If you can't decide which class to main wouldn't simply playing multiple characters be the most "rational" course of action?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    Yeah maybe, we'll see. For now its just the little bucc fairy C:. Thanks for the input!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    I would guess because he can't think of other good ign at the moment, and he only accept fairy for now.

Am i right? FlorisFloris

11. OP
    OP
    Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    You are <3

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    You must have had that IGN saved right? There's no way that was up for grabs.

Anyways good luck ^^

13. OP
    OP
    Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    You can purchase an 'expired' IGN (from someone who hasn't logged on in idk how long) for 50,000 donor cash using @changeign

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    Day: 1
    Time played: 11 hrs
    Total time: 11 hrs

Hi guys ~

Are you feeling the festive spirit on MapleLegends? I'm loving the holiday events and overall cozy christmassy vibes ~
    I hope you all are healthy and safe and starting to feel the christmas spirit! And if not, remember that sometimes its okay to just be surviving instead of thriving.

In game:
    So I got quite some gach tickets, and happened to pick up a shield for m. att 30% which sold for 7.4m! Super nice start :). Anyway here's my gach tickets:
    upload_2020-12-22_22-46-17.png
    upload_2020-12-22_22-46-25.png
    upload_2020-12-22_22-46-31.png
    So at this point I was pretty over it with mushie shrine gach trolling me, so I decided to just try ellinia:
    upload_2020-12-22_22-46-59.png
    Yayyy ~

So after the scroll sold I headed over to the FM and got myself some new gear;
    The polearm and cape I scrolled, got super lucky on the cape. Its so nice C:.
    Also the hat is from the christmas event ~
    upload_2020-12-22_22-47-50.png upload_2020-12-22_22-47-56.png upload_2020-12-22_22-48-6.png upload_2020-12-22_22-48-13.png
    The gloves I bought for ~1.9m :)

Final SS:
    upload_2020-12-22_22-48-41.png

Next goals:

- get 2nd job from kyrin C:
    - get to lvl 40
    - get a decent knuckle
    - get the event faces and hairstyles

Gosh so many goals, such little time. Okay I'm gonna keep this one quick and hop on ~
    Have a great day and merry christmas!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  15. Diziple

Diziple Pac Pinky

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    HappyGuY
    Dragon Knight
    None
    Goals:

Donate my stuffs away and create an archer soon.

• Funny Funny x 5
  16. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    Man this journal is like the Circle of Orouboros...

An endless cycle of life, death, and rebirth, over and over for eternity.

• Funny Funny x 5
  17. kuruminui

kuruminui Orange Mushroom

Oct 31, 2020
    Female
    Warrior
  18. OP
    OP
    Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    Day: 2
    Time played: 4 hrs
    Total time: 15 hrs

Hi ~

So the christmas rush of packing things and going home has started, didn't have as much time to play. I'm super ready for the holidays however, though there probably won't be as much progress in this thread. I'm enjoying the in-game events a lot, I'm hoping to be able to get to lvl 71 before it ends and get some days of raffles at the end. We'll see.

In game:
    - did a bunch of questing, just once again following the 1-35(/40) quest guide somewhere on the forums, though I tend to follow a slightly altered path more suited for high base int characters. At this point I feel like I could write a guide on leveling high base int characters from 1-50 without leeching LOL.
    - got enough christmas points for the hair & eyes, the little fairy boy is now actually looking a bit more like a fairy! Yay :)
    - got some gach tickets:
    upload_2020-12-23_22-25-25.png
    upload_2020-12-23_22-25-32.png
    (very proud of my improved screenshot editing, turns out I should just not use the base windows photos to crop them as it for some reason doesn't let you crop things beyond a certain ratio of width/height, meaning I had trouble shortening the screenshots enough vertically to get these nice pieces containing just the gach chat messages. Using Paint 3D now for anyone interested.)

- spent too much money hehe :p
    - bought ~15 overall dex 10%s, one worked but the 30% boomed it :C
    - bought a 41 attack clean maple knuckle for 2.8m, thought my luck with 60%s once again was meh. Its still a pretty good knuckle and helps out a lot damage wise :).
    upload_2020-12-23_22-30-23.png

Final SS:
    upload_2020-12-23_22-32-11.png

So yeah I'm slightly broke right now, whoopsie :F. I think my previous luck with scrolling dex bathrobes made me for some reason believe that I would easily scroll one again :p. Anyway I still feel like scrolling one is cheaper than the ones I see in FM. We'll get there eventually :).

Next goals:
    - get to lvl 40
    - get an nx set from the event
    - scroll a decent dex bathrobe
    - make some mesos somehow :3

Thats it for now. I hope you are all happy and enjoying your day before christmas! Also, if I don't end up posting in the next days; I wish you all a very very merry christmas, though things may not be as usual. If anything this year, I feel myself and many others have learned to appreciate the smaller things in life. Okay end of bla bla ~

Merry christmas and happy holidays from me <3

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    Day: 3
    Time played: 5 hrs
    Total time: 20 hrs

Hi ~

Merry christmas once again, I hope you all are having wonderful, safe holidays ~

In game:
    - Did a bunch of quests (stumpy, deo, some of KFT, magatia)
    - bought like ~15 overall armor for dex 10%s, one ended up working so thats nice! Now very much broke and saving up for a 30% C:
    - started MP washing 5 AP per level from level 33 onwards, hoping to get some AP resets from the event because I'm gonna run out of NX soonish
    - levels of MP washing: 8
    - got one gach ticket:
    upload_2020-12-26_15-10-22.png

- when I hit 40 I got a scroll for the event hat so its currently a bit better:
    upload_2020-12-26_15-11-29.png

Final SS:
    upload_2020-12-26_15-13-18.png

Next goals:

- get to lvl 50
    - gain some AP resets from the event
    - make money somehow uwu
    - scroll a good dex bathrobe

Side note:
    If any of you are feeling unhappy, lonely, scared because of covid, are struggling financially or otherwise during this years holiday season. Please know you are not alone, though it sometimes may feel that way. I'm sending you lots of love and virtual hugs <3. Hang in there you super trooper!

I hope you all have a great day ~

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    Day: 4 & 5
    Time played: 12 hours
    Total time: 32 hours

Hi ~

So I realised this morning I forgot to post an update yesterday nor the day before. Oopsie floopsie, I was a little tired from all the christmas hustle and bustle and yesterday just spent the day hanging out with my doggy and playing some maplelegends <3. Perfect way to recover ~
    Anyway I figured I'd just combine the two days into one update!

In game:
    - finished up the last remaining decent exp quests (omega sector mostly)
    - did some shared point farming, currently at 335 points.
    - went over to gs1 as soon as I could decently hit them (which was around lvl 43/44 I believe?), exp there is pretty nice :). I've been getting about a level an hour which, considering my high base int, is pretty good! Slowly chipping away at the 2nd job levels *chip chip*.
    - got a bunch of gachapon tickets:
    upload_2020-12-28_13-54-39.png
    upload_2020-12-28_13-30-47.png
    upload_2020-12-28_13-30-54.png
    upload_2020-12-28_13-31-2.png
    upload_2020-12-28_13-31-10.png
    upload_2020-12-28_13-31-16.png

The ele wand I got was this one:
    upload_2020-12-28_13-31-32.png
    Had a pretty hard time selling it, eventually I believe it sold for ~3.5m

Also, I spent waaaay too much money scrolling dex bathrobes again (whoopsie daisy). Basically I bought 10%s and then attempted to 30% the robe, the first 3 failed/boomed and the 4th one finally was a 10 dex 8 slot robe. At this point I should probably already start looking at scrolled pirate robes, but ohwell ~
    upload_2020-12-28_13-33-0.png

Since I've been moving around rather slowly I also bought a cheap green strap shoe and just 60%'ed it for speed, which is a fine enough pair of shoes until I can afford dex ones :).
    upload_2020-12-28_13-34-8.png
    I feel like in 2nd job movement speed is pretty important, especially on a 'melee' class like bucc C:.

Overall pretty happy with the progress I made so far, its been fun <3

Final SS:
    upload_2020-12-28_13-54-39.png

Next goals:

- get to lvl 50
    - get some money somehow
    - do the zak prequests and get a zhelm C:
    - scroll a decent fury claw (lvl 50 knuckle)

See you on the next one, have a great day!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.