1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ban/IP limit number of 4th job mages account online per computer to only 1

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by redblueblur, Jul 10, 2021.

1. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    5:47 AM
    Z00M
    Beginner
    As i've managed 4 mages in the past on one PC and I personally generate higher efficiency in my ulti cast grinds through a single PC with multiple clients compared to multiple PC, by lessening the efficiency (killing less per respawn timer as u would need to move around more physically to the other computer to cast) in casting multiple mages ultimates, we can disincentivize the use of multi mages per user. Even if individuals who have more than 1 PC, we can't really do anything about it unless an IP limit is implemented.

This may anger some playerbase who've invested large proportion of their time into creation and farming, but this may also provide for a healthier gameplay.

This may help:
    1. reduce the meta of multiple mages per user
    2. reduce multiple map hogging by 1 user
    3. possibility of allowing sweeper mules to have nerf changes reverted (allow sweeper mules to be able to loot all droppable items)
    4. reduce meso/ item generation
    5. Make 1 hit leech ( skel, petri ) great again
    - as they're not able to sweep the meso with a sweeper anymore. by nerfing mage mules farming meso in ulu1 and other maps, we can make skel and petri leeches seem more viable, as it stands, hardly anyone uses duo mages to sell leech in these end game 1 hit map as it is not exp efficient to buyers.
    - increase the need to invest in 1 mage only (skill books especially genesis 30 and gear)

• Friendly Friendly x 9
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Creative Creative x 3
  2. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    10:47 PM
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    yes.png

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    5:47 PM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I have 4 computers, so could theoretically skip as you said in post above. Also IP block would prevent others in my household from playing with me.

I am pretty sure they can't implement this though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    11:47 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Conceptually it's a good idea.
    Can it ever be practically/fairly implemented (without heaps of negative side-effects)? I think not.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Yeah but what if I'm a true sweatlord and I buy 3 mobile contracts and have 4 IPs,it's broken.

6. OP
    OP
    redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
    ban hammer? :)

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
    just like how in the past there was an implementation for anti muling in boss runs like HT, i believe somekind of a workaround is possible

• Like Like x 1
  8. LoghainAblar

LoghainAblar Red Snail

Apr 6, 2021
    2:47 PM
    Page, I/L Arch Mage
    I mean, if someone wants to play like this let them. Eventually they will burn out or get an intervention by their loved ones, that's a win-win in my mind.

• Agree Agree x 7
  9. Theaceae

Theaceae King Slime

Jul 4, 2021
    Female
    Theaceae
    an IP limit would limit the others in my house out of certain things that I can do, or someone would draw first pick on a specific feature, leaving the others to figure out how to circumvent the IP ban, which gets into other discussions.

Anyways, no.

Just to append my post a bit: I don't think it's fair to have IP limits on anything. That's not even getting into how hard it is to do such a thing technically, for little benefit. These sorts of things moreso hurt players with legitimate intentions, and only provide a minor inconvenience to those that are industrious enough to create a work-around.

10. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I mean I can't play a bishop and my husband play a bishop at the same time if it's an IP block. Nothing abusive about it.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
    exactly

previously in another segment relating to households having multiple users sharing IP to vote or when bossing, i believe it was mentioned somewhere that players are to submit a form (someone double confirm on this thanks, i can't remember if it was in ml or not) to admins to identify they are legit players and not for the sake of muling, so in truth, its nothing new to prevent muling of mages, similar to no muling in HT boss runs.

12. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Noone left to do an intervention when all your loved ones also play maple.

13. LoghainAblar

LoghainAblar Red Snail

Apr 6, 2021
    Page, I/L Arch Mage
    Hopefully my attempt of a joke wasn't taken too seriously, but off the top of my head i can think of a couple of ways of bypassing a purely ip based block with just one pc, at least for 2 clients, so bypassing it with multiple devices wouldn't take much as vpns are a thing.

14. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Me and my four other selfs about to fill in some FORMS bro

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    You mean the short stint of time when they tried to stop muling by implementing a multiclient check, and that simply got everyone to use multiple computers? And then people started a thread to complain about it, only to be shut down by heavy handed responses that doesn't even address the issue and caused unsatisfaction all round? Yeah sure let's all go through that again except with the entire fucking game sure why not

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    6:47 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Disclaimer :
    I have multimages obviously and can do this but haven't farmed like that because i'm lazy and satisfied with 1-hit 1 mage ulu2 farming income.
    So your suggestion doesn't harm me for farming income itself at all.

Is this another suggestion for p2w, paying for many ISPs to get me various IPs and laptops?
    I really wish to strike that reason they officially allowed multiclienting from blocked day (it was blocked ~2017 or so, even though many nerds and riches bypassed limitation with computing skills and $$$.), is, to evade p2w stuffs. now you're asking to bring it back again indirectly, dude.

Sweaties will find ways to bypass it anyway. (and it's quite easy, honestly, and can be turned into p2w stuffs also). Don't hate sweaties, trying hard isn't reason they're deserved for being hated/punished. Or, you just want to ban every sweaties trying to maximize their profit beside ideal (and so-called healthy, which I feel weird for using of this term aswell. what is 'Healthy' playing? why it's determined as 'Healthy' while others aren't? ) path which you think and you want?

again, I don't do that. i'm lazy for that... but sorry. still against for OPs opinion.

• Agree Agree x 2