1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

A New End Game to MapleLegends

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ozoatas, Aug 18, 2021.

1. ozoatas

ozoatas Slime

Feb 24, 2021
    Male
    5:31 PM
    Ja1zeratt
    Bowmaster
    Rise
    Hey guys, whats up?

I'm Ja1zera, I have a Bishop lvl 163 that i use to boss and leech, and sometime ago (after a lot of time votting) I did my attacker, a BM with some wash to hit 19k HP at lvl 180 (he's lvl 120 yet :/ ).

With one year at the server and getting end game gears right now, I was thinking about my goals and for what I spent my time.
    Zakum now is more like a strong mob than a boss, I do HT weekly in a safe way (we always clear it) and my next challenge will be PB when i get lvl to do it. Thinking about that, some questions comes to my mind: "why am I spending all this time to kill a boss? And when i get to this challenge and clear it, what comes after? What challenge will be the next? I'll have mood to keep getting stronger to do the same boss every week?"
    To all this questions I get only negative answers, and then I started to imagine an new end game for MapleLegends, an end game that makes me put a "tryhard mode on" and improve myself in every time I open the game.

When I was playing BMS (Brazillian server of MS) in 2007, the think that I mostly liked to play was Monster Carnival Party Quest (https://bbb.hidden-street.net/party-quest/monster-carnival). Two teams fighting each other to discover who is the best, who can do more damage, who can play better as a team and who are stronger in MapleStory. Yeah, all the time people just swap wins to everyone grow togheter, but keeps the fight in your mind.

Now imagine your guild, that you helps to grow and battled with all your friends to get stronger, against other guild, in a fight for some exchange points that you can trade for WS, CS, Apple, Capes, and other stuffs that makes a character stronger. It would be good, not?
    Your retired lvl 200 attacker being used again to fight and not just to echo in fm, your Bishop becoming a key in a run, and your dpm being really important to something.

What I was thinking is: A dungeon like CWKPQ, with some stages, some mobs, some puzzles (cant be RNGated cuz of the timer), some bosses that you have to kill with your guild faster as you can, and a timer on the top. When you done all stages and clear the entire dungeon, this timer will mark your time that you cleared in a NPC - this NPC will mark all timers of all guilds, and at the end of the week, will announce the winner, the guild who takes less time to finish this dungeon. This NPC will have the ranking and your rewards will be based on how higher you have got.
    To avoid guild wars abusers, you will be able to do this dungeon only for one guild weekly, and just one time in a day, with your better timer being counted at the NPC.

I think a change like this could change the end game and bring more competitiveness to MapleLegends, heating up the market for end game itens, making the gear and lvl progression more exciting and potentially bringing in new active players.

I know that this is a dream, but I loved this competition when I was a kid and this memory always come back with only good feelings.

A change like that takes a lot of time from staff, it appears hard to implement, but I'm thinking on that for a long time and I really wanted to share this with you guys.If it gets support, can be a nice change from Legends and, on my point of view, a good way to end game at v64.

Thank you guys for readding and please show me your opinion <3

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  2. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    1:31 PM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    I think MCPQ used to be here since the random video on the main/voting website showed a video where the NPC was there I'm not sure if the NPC worked or not but he was there.

timestamp at 2:25
    2 25.png

When I watched this video on the website and seeing Spiegelmann there in hopes that MCPQ would be here, but it wasn't it seems that it had been removed, kinda sad.

3. OP
    OP
    ozoatas

ozoatas Slime

Feb 24, 2021
    Male
    Ja1zeratt
    Bowmaster
    Rise
    Maaan i think i've created at least 20 characters to do this PQ, all of them stopped around lvl 50 cuz OPQ was too boring front MCPQ (in BMS it was only lvl 31-50). I really loved to rush this PQ after school.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    10:31 PM
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    How are you gonna beat the guy with a 24wa cape tho.

5. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    If there’s going to be a kill part, it’ll just be one if those “the rich get richer” ideas, since the top tier attackers will always be nr 1

Plus this incentivises you to join a strong guild rather than a fun guild

I do, however, agree that I’m also lacking some end game motivation. Mostly because either I’m stuck in the ht cave or I have to waste hours on the ht prequest every time, which forces me to do 2 runs in a roe which is just a horribly big time investment

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Sounds kinda like the current Maplestory's guild system where you enter a map where you kill mobs as fast as possible with your guild and then enter a boss with infinite HP getting a score of how much damage you can dish out until the time is over. No puzzles or anything like in the current GPQ but this makes guilds complete for skills that greatly help the guild to bosses such as more crit damage, more damage, more boss damage and more ignore defense.
    About the endgame of ML is just washing like a maniac to beat a weird bean to death playing with it a game named red light, green light; don't do damage to it when is on gree and stop when its onr ed or you may die. More than fighting the a bean you fight the aggro mechanics in this game, so I guess that's the true final boss.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    ozoatas

ozoatas Slime

Feb 24, 2021
    Male
    Ja1zeratt
    Bowmaster
    Rise
    The purpose of a change like this is to you get a reason to make a cape like that one. Why i will spend 200 hours of farming to get this cape if i already kill all bosses? The answer is: to get stronger and put your guild at the top :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    ozoatas

ozoatas Slime

Feb 24, 2021
    Male
    Ja1zeratt
    Bowmaster
    Rise
    This change will not be the only way to play this game, just a different way. This needs a lot of balancing works to not being stuck at “the rich get richer”, but will give you a motivation to be better and will reward your efforts.
    A change like this combined with boss changes can make this game more fun to everyone, you only need to think in what kind of player you are.
    As a brazillian with bad english, i would love to see my brazillian guild becoming stronger and beating some other guilds in this road.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  9. OP
    OP
    ozoatas

ozoatas Slime

Feb 24, 2021
    Male
    Ja1zeratt
    Bowmaster
    Rise
    Yeah, all mechanics need to be learned and if you dont do this you will die at the first attack of the boss. But when you know this mechanics it becomes basic, easily to be done, and if i done why i will get stronger?

10. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    4:31 PM
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    It's about the journey, not the end :)

11. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Does the journey include hoarding & buying out scrolls and then reselling for much higher?

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    2:31 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Worry not my friend, when you go into HT with your BM, type @dpm55 at the start of the body and enjoy

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Shengo

Shengo Slime

Sep 5, 2020
    Malaysia
    4:31 AM
    JoJoJoJoJo
    Camper
    Elluelians
    Also quite similar concept to one of the Papu boss fight task in MSM too, see how much damage you can dish out in a minute time and you get a weekly/monthly ranking.

14. boldaslove

boldaslove Dark Stone Golem

Jul 19, 2015
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    New end game for maple legends:

Instead of carnival we add Compete Rooms with things like damage tug of war, rng break the chests for things before others, and other random things like ranked time trials for mob clearing among other things like maple legends canon quests such as wheres Alyoshas Hat and so on. It just takes prob a lot of work.. But varied content that uses the assets in diff ways is cool. Maybe unkillable monsters following you through an obstacle course and you need to take them through traps? Some of the lesser used pqs could also be made to have no level requirement so people play them. I also wonder what a no level requirement no reward version of every pq would attract. Or something like making el nath pq have 100 rounds to it and making the npc a part of world tour lol idk
    I know this thread was about items and competition... But mini games and reusing assets or having things be replayable or more group friendly like the no reward no lvl requirement pq thing are just random stuffs for players.

Edit: Taking the no level requirement no reward pq thing a step further it could be its own separate would tour npc and a friend could log in do first job and be carried through a nostalgic pq within probably their first hour of mapling. I could see it generating new low level strategies too maybe but also casual players and old friends might hop on just to clear an old favorite for the sake of it too. The main issue is it dilutes the pool of players waiting for the actual pq so it would need to be a shared lobby maybe despite separate purposes.
    Edit 2: One last thing would be a "magic portal" that takes you to a random map and having one in every city for the lulz and adds some character / charm

• Creative Creative x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    ozoatas

ozoatas Slime

Feb 24, 2021
    Male
    Ja1zeratt
    Bowmaster
    Rise
    But my journey was voting, taking leech and putting int on my bm :(

this is so empty... MapleF4

Thats the way i was thinking, some jump quests and other puzzles that need you to be a good player, not just a rich one. But i really like games with some competitive ways, so in my mind this needs to have bosses and mobs to be killed to compensate for my time spent with farm, scrolls and level.

16. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    True, but what I really like about MapleLegends is the feature you can open and login to multiple accounts at the same time.

Back in gMS you couldn't do that, so the freedom to play many accounts at once gives you so many options and things to do always!

Yes voting takes forever (Im doing it too for my Archer), but at least NX is free (which is a dream compared to how much I've spent on NX back in gMS too).. I guess it's all about perspective.

17. OP
    OP
    ozoatas

ozoatas Slime

Feb 24, 2021
    Male
    Ja1zeratt
    Bowmaster
    Rise
    I think you have a different idea of fun than the majority rpg players... Multiclient is good but not that much. This brings a meta to the game thats unhealthy, forcing you to create mages and lots of mules if you want to be stronger, cus attackers farm is too bad compared to mages and prices will follow mage farming. I really dont know how you can put 20+ shops on fm, i even admire the dedication, but i cant see any fun on that :/

But the purpose of this thread is to bring a different way to play the end game, with some competition and team play, focusing on mechanics and damage motivating us to be stronger and better players with our main class.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    I think you missed the point I was trying to make.

I didn't say you have to use 4 mages at 1 time, or setup so many stores to compete in the FM.

But the idea of choice is what's important, that you have options!

MapleLegends is great because you get to play it how you want to play it, theres always something to do and you have the freedom to choose your own path in the game.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. OP
    OP
    ozoatas

ozoatas Slime

Feb 24, 2021
    Male
    Ja1zeratt
    Bowmaster
    Rise
    Then i agree with you :)

In competitive ways (thinking on how much stronger and skillful you can be) i think ML can get better, maybe with boss changes i get pleased, but i would love to compete in something like the idea i showed in this post.