1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

White scroll

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by umaga, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    2:28 PM
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    If this system would be implemented the rewards need to be made untradeable imo. Otherwise it's just gambling mesos for more mesos. Only then would it be a true meso sink. And it should probably be a lot more expensive than that!

2. halfwaysleet

halfwaysleet Master Chronos

May 21, 2018
    Male
    9:28 AM
    halfway
    Thief
    This could easily lead to a power creep, and as a large incentive for people to go out of their way to farm more pure meso. An incentive for people to run bosses more often seems like a more foolproof meso sink

3. Maplemaple

Maplemaple Orange Mushroom

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    8:28 AM
    Priest
    Every 1 cs now = 3.3 cs up until last year. 3 cs now = 10 cs last year. Every 1 ws now = 2 ws last year. Not so welcoming to new and unfortunate rip ass players might as well tell them to play another game, let alone the wait time to play a freakin char with washing too. Ridiculous. If I hit mid-late game during that time frame when cs = 60m / ws = 100m, I probs woulda done the same shit though ngl. Easily finish my gear cheap af then rack that shit up for personal gains. Is it fair for newer players? Id prob say idk, idc, idgaf. It IS selfishness lmao it's true. Aint nothin wrong with that, just human nature it's normal. You know what's not human though? Bots. Might as well make an npc sell em at a reasonable/fixed price at this point, maybe limited time(s) per week. If 200m is too high, how much do you want them to be? They dont have to sell out like candies and pots. Just determine and limit the amount ppl can buy from npc each week or some shit. I see no point in ppl being restricted from hitting end game if theyre working for it just as hard or even harder than when these scrolls were 2-3 times cheaper.. Rng is already bullshit as is. At least let it be worth the effort of farming/saving and blowing through bils after bils just to end up with nothing. Some ppl barely play enough to make 200m/month, which is still not enough to afford shit with the current prices. Thats pretty damn sad and discouraging. Not everyone wants to sell leech all day, fame, other services, farm meso on mage, make mules, etc to play "efficiently" either. There are folks that actually want to just play their main chars without all the extra shit because thats just how they wanna play the game. Cant blame em. Unfortunately that's not how you're "supposed" to play here LMAO. Maybe slam some expiration date on those ws/cs if youre concerned with the hoarding. Use/sell or lose that shit. No point in upping the chance even more from gach if ppl just gonna hoard em anyway. Tbh i think those prestigious coins prob will end up the same way too and wont make much difference, eventually leading up for the community to come up with another "solution". It just makes other lower lvl bosses worth doing, not just ht/pb/nt

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    The game is playable and easier than it was back then because we have easy access to strong items, multiclient, free 2x exp and a lot of knowledge (it’s easier even on high int attackers). People who wanna farm perfect gears gonna have to work a lot but this is not a must have. The game game can be easily played till 200, doing all content, without perf gear. However, it’s true that that bossing should be more rewarding and that ws/cs/prestigious coins are tax free currency’s, currency’s that are easily speculated and make those scroll prices much higher than their utility value. Just don’t wanna let people think that the server is unplayable without efficiency strategy’s. Maybe it’s much harder to get perf gear without them, but this doesn’t means server is really unbalanced.

5. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    2:28 PM
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    Just like HP washing is optional?

OnionSorry

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    7:28 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    not much diff considering 30%s in general pretty much doubled as well during that time - not even counting gfa30s. it's really just the cost of holding/how you spend your meso.

if there are 2 scrolls in the game, ws and oa int 30s:
    if ws = 100m oa int 30 = 5m
    it's the same thing as ws = 200m oa int 30 = 10m

7. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    HP washing is not optional, but having 200 int until 180 don’t make the game unplayable. We have easy access to PGC/attack gloves/ wep scrolls, access that was worse back then in OG server. HP wash is actually good for the server as people vote longer and have to think when distributing ap, makes maple a less brain dead rpg. People must have long term goals in MapleLegends instead of 3 month to end game like some other pepega servers. The same goes for perfect items

8. Maplemaple

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    Priest
    Yeah man its optional i get it lol. But back then is back then, now is now. Cant be fixated and stuck in the past while we're all in the present moment. Why else would there be tweaks and improvements you know what i mean? Dont get me wrong i agree with you man. Game is playable. Never said it wasnt. But do you wanna play that way though? Like realistically.. are you really? If so then props to you. Good shit. But most ppl prefer not to play like that. They gotta get better better better while their peers are going up in lvl and getting better better better while they catch themselves stuck in plateau all lifetime long. I mean why else would the prices skyrocket? Perhaps ppl are still willing to play BECAUSE its easier now compared to back then like you said. But theyre prob not playing the same way i doubt. Either way, its not about whether the game is playable or not. My point is if the price is too high right now going both ways for the sweaties and casual players, why not make an npc about it you know? Just saying

9. Maplemaple

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    Priest
    Oh yeah gfas and all them good shits too. Things are just up there not just cs ws lmao

10. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    yup - and there were hoarders then as there are hoarders now. the only change between now and then is more people are at the stage to consider ws/cs prices. it's arguable that these very hoarders gave you a leg up as you offloaded scrolls while leveling by disallowing prices to fall too much.

11. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    8:28 PM
    thats why the population now is top heavy despite covid fallout.

12. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    There's a diff tho. while 1 WS = 20 oa int 30. <- this is equal
    but meso gains per hour from farming has halved. How u gonna expect a new player to make any sort of meso when everything from lvl 1 to ht doesnt make meso?

13. Maplemaple

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    Priest
    No buyers no sells. Its like.. ppl that got to cross the bridge first cut the rope so that others behind them have to find other ways to cross, when its those very ppl behind them that pushed em to cross the bridge in the first place. Then it just goes in a cycle

14. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    funded by gach pulls
    tbh helm dex 60s are fine too at ludi

15. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    my suggestion is to send a letter to your local congressperson

16. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    5:28 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I understand the frustration with current WS / CS / Cape / Glove prices, considering these items were significantly more affordable in the past. However, given how conservative staff is, it is unrealistic to see any of these issues addressed in the short term.

As a new player, getting a perfect weapon / gloves / cape is a ridiculous grind, and in the modern era this is more the case than it ever has been before. But, the question you should be asking as a new player isn't how to get perfect items, but rather how to get "decent enough" gear. You don't need a perfect weapon, 21 attack gloves, and 17 attack cape to do content in maplelegends.

You can more than get by with a +5 lv 100 weapon, 15 attack glove, and 10 attack cape. Sure, these items are expensive, but these items are not so prohibitively expensive such that they are impossible to obtain. I'd wager that if any player saved their meso wisely they could easily achieve the above level of gear around lv 18x to 19x.

Also, has anyone else noticed how prices tend to dip right after a large banwave?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Maplemaple

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    Priest
    Yep the "good enough" items are obviously more affordable and realistic to achieve compared to the big boss shit and its not mandatory to have perf everything with high ass stats. Yep yep i agree if its good enough to pull your own weight then anything beyond that is just extra. No need to be the carry king of dpm white everything. But that dont change the prices though. At the end of the day owling in fm now the issue is still there unfortunately

18. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    back to the feast and famine issue
    oh well shrugs

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    5:28 AM
    Dostoevsky