1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Night Raven's Claw

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Mstweaker, May 9, 2015.

1. ROFLS

ROFLS Mushmom

Jan 9, 2015
    11:29 AM
    The few assassins who can afford it? Once you are a level 90+ sin it is not difficult to farm the materials yourself. Most of the stats you considered in your calculation will take at least a year to obtain. I agree that NRC will eventually lose out, but I think you are severely underestimating the length of time it will take for that point to be reached, and overestimating the damage gap.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    5:29 PM
    Beginner
    tell me what equips to add in and ill prove DPS is still superior.

3. OP
    OP
    Mstweaker

Mstweaker Horny Mushroom

May 9, 2015
    Male
    5:29 AM
    Thanks for making the spreadsheet! It gives me a good visual and actually strengthens my point. Ill standby on my belief that NRC is endgame. According to your spreadsheet, one must obtain a 7 dex eyewear, an HTP (which is actually 22 to all stats), 15 dex FS (you couldve used 21 dex BSS since we dont have FS in here), 15 dex Earrings, And a 47 dex zhelm. All of this must be obtained to get roughly 400 range on the user with an NRC. I wont factor in the chaos build because landing 3 chaos scrolls (each landing +5 to both LUK and DEX) on an HTP is unheard of.

The possibilities of getting those above-mentioned items is slim to none with the amount of white scrolls in our economy. As I stated before, the equips must be absolutely ridiculous for the low-dex NL to win out in the end.

4. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Like i said, I tested with shitty items aswell, and DPS is still superior, name some items and ill go ahead and add them in.

5. OP
    OP
    Mstweaker

Mstweaker Horny Mushroom

May 9, 2015
    Male
    Lets use all 60s and test it out. 4/7 = 57% which rounds up to 60%. And for things such as earrings, 70%. Lets take out HTP since we're not even close to getting that. So 4 dex BSS, 27 dex zhelm (note that as of right now, this is even considered a stretch), 8 dex earring, 10 dex YAC, 1 dex glasses, 8 dex bottom.
    As for the NRC user, all of the equipment (any equipment that can be wcrolled with LUK) will be scrolled with LUK with the same outcome as the above mentioned.

6. OP
    OP
    Mstweaker

Mstweaker Horny Mushroom

May 9, 2015
    Male
    But hypothetically lets say you're right.
    Why should NL be entitled to a LV 90 statless weapon that WASNT in v62?
    If the reason is that NL get it tough in the beginning, dont give me that bullshit. Sairs and bowmen arguably have it tougher.

If youre gonna add in NRCs might as well add in 3rd Unwelcome Guest equips in order to even out the playing field.

7. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    11:29 PM
    Sleve is superior no doubt, but by a 400 range margin (does it decrease as you compare using non-perfect equipment?). NRC is not strictly end-game, but is pretty close enough to be a decent substitute without having to scroll for dex at all.

This is in comparison to other classes like bowmen who will suffer more if they stick to lv 64 maple weapons instead of adding STR and using the nisrock/neschere. Similarly, NLs would suffer more with Skanda compared to adding dex and using sleve, but here they can take their time with NRC.

8. David

David Pink Teddy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    10:29 AM
    No, you were just wrong in general. There are a good number of warriors who, by the time they're "end-game," have little to no DEX.

Maple Weapons weren't left out because they're "overkill," they were left out for now because they're only going to be obtainable during certain time periods to stay true to GMS.

Reason 2: If I recall correctly, Night Raven items, or the claw to be exact, came out after v62. Correct me if I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

You recall incorrectly. They were added in v0.59

Reason 3: No other class (besides mages) has a secondary statless end-game item. It wouldn't be fair for classes like marksman and buccs who are already scraping to get by.[/QUOTE]

Warriors, Marksmen, and in many cases Shadowers.

For anyone who might say it's hard to get, it's honestly not. It's just a matter of doing the EQ everyday until you get the needed item.[/QUOTE]

Dragon Weapons are even easier to obtain, and Elemental Wands are the easiest of all, so I don't see much of an argument here.

Do you also suggest we remove BWG? In theory, they're the best gloves in the game and they're obtainable from an exchange quest. What about YACs, Night Raven's Eyes, and Balanced Furies?

9. OP
    OP
    Mstweaker

Mstweaker Horny Mushroom

May 9, 2015
    Male
    Man. I guess I do have to spell everything out. Warriors need to scroll for dex. Even if they go low dex, they have to compensate by scrolling for dex. They cant go low dex and slap on str scrolls onto everything and expect to hit anything. So it balances out.

Okay now Im being careless or Im just overestimating the thinking capabilites of some. LV 64 Maple Weapons. Those were never intended to be inputted into the game. So yes, technically i was correct.

Now youre just trailing off of the topic. Dragon Weapons are easy to obtain yet they. Are. Not. Statless. NOT STATLESS. Elemental wands are OP but they were in v62.

If you have evidence they were in v59, I would really like to see it. Cause a lot of people were surprised that joko badge exchange existed in this server.

As I stated earlier, warriors need to scroll for dex/acc to hit things. Name me a strless xbow. I dont see any. Shadowers statless weapons are not end-game.

BWG and yac are both common equips which means EVERY class can uitilize it, making it fair.

I dont think youre quite getting the argument here. I want equality. Not some challenge-mode shit. Equality. Its not about how easy something is to get. Its about equality. Ill say it once more to make it clear; equality. I do respect a few or your points but most were completely irrelevent.

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  10. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    It's not harder than taking a look in the files, you'll see all the stuff that is in the game, literally.

11. ROFLS

ROFLS Mushmom

Jan 9, 2015
    This was not the stated reason for removing maple weapons. The reason held by Kimberley has been that the items are too strong and make other builds (and items) irrelevant. She said that they would consider adding them eventually, but this was not the stated reason why they weren't included at the start.

Please read Kim and Navi's posts in this thread:
    http://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/maple-items.2160/
    From their posts, it appears as though the only reason they agreed to adding them eventually was because it was clear that most players wanted them.

I have nothing against keeping items like NRC in the game... I'm just saying that it is inconsistent with the argument made against maple weaps.

12. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    Oh I just remembered, NRC is 1 speed faster than Sleve as well. I don't think that was factored into the calculations was it? That would definitely narrow the margin further.

13. Pina

Pina Stone Golem

Feb 7, 2015
    Male
    PodoSoju - Gahm - Only81
    F/P Mage
    Glory
    if nrc gets taken away lets make the elemental wands go away, dragon weps go away wooooooooo every end game item sweeet

• Like Like x 2
  14. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    4:29 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    I'm a Hermit and .. tbh.. I agree it should be removed... It is a little dumb. kappa

15. Shendizz

Shendizz Orange Mushroom

Dec 30, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    Jelamee
    Pirate
    Aqulia
    IIRC, the speed difference does not matter, as with Booster they both hit the maximum speed (2).

• Like Like x 2
  16. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    Ooh right i forgot about speed cap.

17. Dylan

Dylan Orange Mushroom

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    10:29 AM
    Hunter
    +1 I think NRC should be taken out

18. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    4:29 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    How about we just upgrade to GMS version, would that stop people crying. Fuck it all.

19. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    1. maple weps are mostly for warriors early game, due to the acc bonus, most other classes do fine without them

2. not sure when it came out, but its not that game breaking imo

3. mm and buccs shouldn`t go str/dex less anyway, as the dmg will suck for endgame compared to getting a lvl 110 xbow/knuckle
    ( wep att is more important than some extra str or dex for these classes )

//also lets stop with the remove everything posts and other crap on here, feels like this thread went a bit off topic into just random complaining and trolling
    @Ghost@Ghost
    @Aero@Aero

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Since some saw in the shoutbox. I want to mention that its confirmed that all the exchanging and such was already in 0.62, so Reason 2 on MstWeaker's post is invalid. I assume it came with Crimsonwood, so 0.59.

Outside that, keep the discussion going.