1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Night Raven's Claw

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Mstweaker, May 9, 2015.

1. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    1:18 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Whats your input on removing it kim?

2. CHANEL

CHANEL Dark Stone Golem

Feb 7, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere in the world
    8:18 AM
    Steam
    Islander
    Southperry
    -1 for this opinion.
    If NRC were in v62, there would be no reason to remove it from Legends.
    Legends claims to be the most GMS-like server, so why do people even want to remove the feature which had already been in?

Yes, NRC is in fact substitute-able end-game weapon.
    But what about other classes' items from Gachapon?
    Should we remove them as well?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    2:18 PM
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    people probably mix up GMS-Like/Nostalgic and Hardcore to much (x

hard to know exactly where a good line between them are and people come up with BANEVERYTHING2015# and stuffs just due to something being unfair against one certain class or another in the game SlimeSweat

• Like Like x 1
  4. Durzo

Durzo Horny Mushroom

Mar 9, 2015
    Male
    Rome
    Phate, Durzo
    Bishop
    Halcyon
    it was there..... keep it

• Like Like x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    Mstweaker

Mstweaker Horny Mushroom

May 9, 2015
    Male
    2:18 AM
    @Neko@Neko Kim said she took out 100% 1h Sword GM scroll. According to the data in the EQ, it was in GMS. If you really wanted to justify that this server was 100% GMS-like, then that scroll would be in the game. Yes it is an OP scroll, but it existed in v62 GMS. So where's the consistency in this argument? I don't want to take out NRC to make Legends hardcore. You're COMPLETELY missing the point. I honestly rather not go hardcore. I just want consistency and equality. Yes we are a GMS-like v62 server but every server tinkers with things here and there. GMS wasn't perfect, and this was one of their dumber mistakes.

I don't think people are quite getting the argument. I don't give a flying, flipping fuck about end game weapons. I have NOTHING against end-game weapons. You can make a lv 200, end-game weapon with fair stat requirement and I still won't give a fuck. As ROFLS stated, Kim did not want to put Maple Weapons into the game yet because she wanted to make sure that the regular builds weren't obsolete.

Yet here we are... with 90% of the mage population being lukless and 90% of the rogue population being dexless. Because of this, there is literally NO market for regular mage equips and barely a market for regular thief equipment. What can we attribute that to? NRC and Elemental wands. I'm not flaming Kim. It's just that there is no consistency in the argument. Elemental Wands and NRCs are like ultimate, end-game Maple Weapons. It requires NO stats. Therefore, the hybrid build user may dump all of his/her points into his/her main stat and scroll every single armor he/she has with that main point (in this case Luk and Int) WHILE reaping the benefit of the high weapon attack and magic attack that those weapon yield.

As Chew said, Low-dex does eventually win out over dexless NRC users. Take a look at his spread-sheet. In order for a low-dex NL to gain 400 range over the NRC NL, the low-dex NL must have some outrageous equips that cannot be obtained without the means of white scrolls or duping.

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  6. Pina

Pina Stone Golem

Feb 7, 2015
    Male
    PodoSoju - Gahm - Only81
    F/P Mage
    Glory
    why are you comparing GM scrolls to Night Raven Claws? It's 2 completely different things. I see what you mean by equality, but the nrc is just a weapon, it can be scrolled to however people want. With the GM scroll that gives an auto 100% chance to make a perfect 1h sword if people were to farm for a day or two.

its just a weapon chill out OnionYawn

7. Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    I'm not sure how you managed to miss this but he wasn't comparing the NRC to the scroll. He was simply saying that this server isn't technically 100% GMS-like as Kim had taken out the scroll.

@On topic. Is it possible that the NRC was in the files but not actually implemented in the game yet?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Like mentioned in my earlier post, I have confirmed (by research) NRC was added and used in either 0.59 when Crimsonwood got released or 0.61, so before 0.62.

9. Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    I completely missed that. Crimsonwood was released in v59.

10. Ghost

Ghost Dark Stone Golem

Jan 10, 2015
    Male
    Georgia
    Not complaining nor trolling, just joking. Sorry if I offended you.

• Like Like x 1
  11. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    5:18 AM
    I don't see a point in removing it. Hermits honestly are not super overpowered to level up even if they have good gear, because their mobbing ability is really bad. For end game, a higher attack claw will eventually beat it out regardless. Night Lords are an overpowered class in the end game regardless of this item. Removing it won't make a difference, it'll just push people to low dex builds a bit faster than they naturally will anyway.

I agree this sucks for other classes, but it's just Neckson's poor balancing choices. A lot more needs to be done if you want the game balanced. This doesn't really change end game.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ghost

Ghost Dark Stone Golem

Jan 10, 2015
    Male
    Georgia
    I can see where you guys are coming from with it being such a high level statless equip and it being unfair, but I personally enjoyed doing the exchange quests to obtain mine back in the day. It took ages for me to finally get a raven claw and get all the materials together, and when I did I only 60%ed it. Maybe the issue is that the badges drop rate is too high on this server or the chance of getting the raven claw is too high. I've already seen 2 or 3 raven claws in the FM, and I'm sure there are more in possession. My suggestion would be to make it more difficult to obtain instead of removing it completely. Afterall, many will end up using it as end-game weapon. Very few people will ever have good enough equips to go low dex and use a craven/sleeve.

Also skandas may be added eventually, which will be more abundant than NRCs depending on the event. People will be more inclined to 30% the hell out of those than NRCs.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Illusion

Illusion Horny Mushroom

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    3:18 PM
    Illusion
    Hermit
    while every class can do what every other class does (mostly), MMORPG were never about complete balance. every class had its job, and looky looky, night lords are just dps whores :)

14. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    6:18 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Assassins get skills like Avenger and Ninja storm. It might not be the best mobbing skill, but I don't think it justifies doing like 2x more damage than any other class when it comes to bossing. I don't think a lv 9x statless weapon that is frequently found from gash is balanced when it takes beyond godly gears to equal that damage otherwise for a regular build.

15. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    8:18 PM
    I think this is OP's point. He's not trying to change the end game nor is he claiming that Hermits are OP, he just wants to boost low dex builds, because right now almost everyone is dexless, with good reason too give the abundance of Shinobi Bracer and availability of NRC.

Maybe if Shinbi Bracers were much more rare then people would have to either go low dex or use garnier till NRC. But SB is common as it is and is a good bridging point before NRC.

16. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    I think that really depends how easy it is to craft this NRC? I think removing the item completely is silly because low dex is the superior build end game anyway. It should definitely be a difficult item to obtain and one that you can't mass scroll a bunch of. I haven't personally done so on this server so I can't comment on it being too easy.

17. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    8:18 PM
    It depends on your luck. You have to do the exchange quest to get 2 items required for crafting (or you can simply buy them from people who have it), which may take you hours if you're lucky, if not days if not so lucky. So by farming alone it may take some time, but if you have expendable cash you can craft a few at one go.

18. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    Yeah, that does sound OP then. I'm all for making it rare/hard to obtain. Gives you more to work for and a better feeling of accomplishment to be that pr0 d3xl3ss sin who has an NRC.

19. Betwixt

Betwixt Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Feb 16, 2015
    Betwixt
    Night Lord
    Salty/Demure
    To be fair. Treat and Next have been at Nightshadows for over 10-20 levels. That's a lot of badges. In GMS it only took about 1-2 hrs of grinding to get 50+ Badges anyway, so, I feel that the drop rate is fine as it is now, imo. I'm a little low to be there, but, it does take me beyond 1 hr to get more than 20.

As for the actual topic of removing the NRC and things of the like, I think it's a moot point. With the experience rate where it is, it won't take you long to level to the point where going Low-dex is better.

As for the market/economy of the server in regards to dexless items and the like... UNLIKE GMS, we have people getting free NX on a daily basis, and a good portion of that NX moves into the gacha system. For the amount of players we have, we are getting a lot of gacha, and with that said, that means we'll be seeing more powerful equips sooner, making the low-dex more viable soon enough anyway. For now, yes, the NRC is fairly strong, but, give it another month or two. You won't see many around.

This is all just personal opinion. I won't be arguing over anything after this post, so, do me a favour and just take this into consideration rather than trying to openly bash it.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    1:18 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Nls may have high DPS...but we gotta HP wash a shit load and be funded enough to do that ridiculous DPS. Like illusion said, every class has its job, nightlords just happens to be damage. Hell, I'm pretty sure u won't complain when NLS go Zak with ya.

• Like Like x 4