1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Auf Haven touch must match PB Big Bang Damage or get reajustes to Vanila 24K

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Toon, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    5:32 AM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    First, i’d like to thank staff with the pog work on NTPT2 and how it is a pretty accurate way to balance cleavers over rangers.

Second, i’d like to bring a problem that must be revisited by staff.

The problem: Auf Haven reworked touch is slightly above a really important wash threshold already present on the game.

Vanilla Auf Haven touch is around 24k max and was changed to 20K max, while many ranged characters washed to 18.5-19 in order to tank Pink Bean Big Bang. This change came probably not to exclude some buccs/ shad’s who are underwashed for the vanilla value and i’m totally in favor of it. However, if it’s a custom feature, why choose a slightly higher threshold touch value than the most important hp set point for ranged before NTPT2 patch?

The reasoning may be that’s possible to kill without tanking touch. Yeah, i agree it’s possible, however players who wash at that point do all this effort in order not to lose dpm. In my case for instance, i cant even realistically reroll as i already have a untradeable weapon on my character that i wont remake. Of course my opinion is biased but i’ve talked with at least another 5 players who are in the same spot of having level 200 characters slightly underwashed.

Seems really unfair because the value was adjusted to match 20k ho buccs and 10k shad’s, washes that are much easier and less effort taking than 18.5-19K ranged. But again, i’m in favor of the rework of touch value for inclusion reason. It’s just not fair being slightly above that important ranged threshold pre patch im talking about.

In this way, i suggest two possibilities in order to make it fair and reasonable with old players:

(1): Make Auf touch match Pink Bean Big Bang value

or

(2): Bring back the vanilla 24K

I believe the option (1) is the best for everyone as my reasoning doesn’t only include the 19k clean ranged, but the 11.5K ones too: the constant seds and long distance hits from Auf make the surviability of 11.5k ranged really low, meaning that they are reliant on HB. However, Auf dispels a lot too. Being able to tank touch sometimes on HB may mean they they can stay a bit closer to DRK melee in order to get rebuffed after dispel and not die to sed + stun.

At least, i’d like to say that i know washing problemas are already recognized by staff and the defense rework is coming, but i believe this is something a part. In the end, we are still on heavy wash meta and the effort and voting from old players still need to be considered. Not only that- this suggestion also contributes for the content to be more inclusive content and not frustrating for a big part of the player base. It also won’t change the auf meta to ranged in any way as it correctly favors cleaves by much. Alright, thanks for reading NiseNise xiaoyaozxiaoyaoz

EDIT: this is also unfair because some ranged washed slightly above pink bean big bang randomly and are safe from touch, even being far behind the 24K vanilla value

• Agree x 14
    • Disagree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    A hardly disagree on staff creating new thresolds for washing, PB as the last boss in the game should be the last hp wash thresold for optimizations, smashing agree right now

• Like Like x 3
  3. OP
    OP
    Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    Auf ranged.jpg

Resolution 1
    First image shows safe zone while still hitting on NL and archer. 2nd and 3rd on archer only. I wish this helps ranged for now, but knowing the tecniques doesn't change the main point of the suggestion. Thanks again.

4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    1:32 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    What if HB was made undispellable?

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    4:32 PM
    LF hp thresholds to be the good old days of 9k.
    Else remake.

• Like Like x 1
  6. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    3:32 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
  7. xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    9:32 AM
    I just want to highlight that staff read and make decisions collectively so it's not just me and Nise.

I personally think we, as the players, are still at the early phases of figuring out how the Auf fight is since we are only in the first week of release.
    People will tend to just brute force the content which can result in them not knowing some stuffs need not to be in a certain way.
    Having high HP is somewhat the case since there is a bigger safety net and that sometimes allow people to not even need a proper strategy figured out.
    However, I do note down the concerns and is monitoring continuously on how the whole NT2 situation is playing out to be.
    Suggestions are very much welcome and I hope people will find a way through the hurdles at the mean time. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    Mb hehe. I tagged you and nise only because it`s the ones from balanced team i already talked to. I know MapleLegends is a teamwork.

I understand that there are still strategies to be discovered and its totally possible to kill without tanking. However, my main point is that this change is not fair and not really necessary as Big Bang touch is a big wall already for most players. My reasoning is mainly based on how a custom touch value shouldn`t be slightly higher than the previous wash threshold regardless of strategies to kill the boss.

9. OP
    OP
    Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    I thought about but i think it would be too OP. With that im not only tanking touch if i need to but having a much easier time to deal with DR and get much better survival in general. That alone, would justify muling dk for hb and cleave mule for the summons

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    this is one of the MUST things staff need to do, also i can recommend meso guard being included in the list.
    anw this should be discussed in another thread

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    seeing how dunas v2 work it will be very nice if implemented!

• Like Like x 1
  12. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    4:32 AM
    DMsRebirth
    lol I didn't think it could be possible but they made the new boss having even higher hp threshold huh

I guess there's even more reason for me to not come back to this game until they actually make that defnese rework or whatever

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    I mean if they brought it vanilla style i could understand it, but a custom new threshold is frustating.
    When it comes to the defense rework, i can`t see how they can make it in a way game doesn`t get pretty unbalanced in favor of the already washed, unless a bunch of 1/1 mechanics get implemented

14. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    1:32 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    If I had to decide between making HB more effective for Auf or lowering the bar for content, I'd personally prefer making HB more effective. We're fast approaching a point in the server where HB isn't even worth muling because so many people are not reliant on it, so I don't see why giving it a bigger utility would be problematic.

The reason why people still take DK to PB is because it's useful and the dispels aren't frequent, so being dependent on HB is still okay. The reason people don't take underwashed players to Aufhaben is because dispels are frequent, so being dependent on HB isn't super reliable. Sure, making HB undispellable might lead to more cases of muling (a 175+ hb mule lol), but it would definitely increase inclusion for DK players themselves.

With all that said, Yao still said it the best - it's still too early to call for any definitive changes. The tier list is still changing with every other group that clears. Just look at how desired Hero players were made overnight as the meta developed with new content release. I could see that happening for DKs and lesser washed party compositions with a utility change like this.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. OP
    OP
    Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    I believe there is already incentive to take DKs to auf. There arent really many running. The problem is that making an incentive to people level their hb mules to 175 is enforcing further pb hb mule, cutting them from pb again