1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Reduce Emergency Rescue Tube to Lv. 50

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by EndStrategy, Jun 28, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EndStrategy

EndStrategy Slime

Jul 14, 2017
    Male
    7:15 PM
    Beginner
    Beginner
    -
    Hi MapleLegends staff,
    As that title states, I think this change wouldn't affect much in terms of weapon meta, as one-handed mace's aren't as popular compared to the other attacking weapons. And the average attack of this weapon is 75 compared to the black tube (Lv. 50) that has a average attack of 65.

The main reason for suggesting this, is that the weapon (that has 140-160 HP) combined with a HP shield could help Lv. 50 players that are trying to survive Zakums attacks during the fight when they are buying a helmet. Thanks

(Not sure how to make this thread a low priority, but if a moderator could do that it would be appreciated.)

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    4:15 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    liked it! or can add some hp to others tubes too

3. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    3:15 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    I like it. The Emergency Rescue Tube is one of those fun items, but just doesn't really have a place or use in the overall meta.

4. OP
    OP
    EndStrategy

EndStrategy Slime

Jul 14, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Beginner
    -
    Thanks, yeah that coud also be an option. Like adding HP to the Black Tube. Although for convenience, changing the Lv. of the Emergency Rescue Tube to 50 instead of 60 would be the easiest implementation imo.

Agreed, it is fun to use it for a minor HP boost. Like some other items have increased speed, jump and other usually less important stats.

5. V220

V220 Chronos

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    2:15 AM
    SoLucky
    Bishop
    I don’t know… if you put it in general terms it sounds kinda weird:

Changing the game solely to facilitate doing something that in the first place is not really intended to be done and is yet possible by other means (using other hp equips or even putting AP into HP and then resetting back, which isn’t the end of the world).

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    12:15 AM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Not to mention service already exists for these players both in terms of HB-muled non-AFK and AFK Zakum service

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    EndStrategy

EndStrategy Slime

Jul 14, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Beginner
    -
    Ok, what was it exactly that sounded weird?

There are many things in this game that weren't intended to be done, and some of the worst things are usually adjusted or removed. This minor change of decreasing by 10 levels doesn't seem like it's a big change overall to the game. There could be other unintended consequences for what the extra HP boost would enable level 50 players to do, but I don't know what that could be.

Sure, that's a fair point. This Zakum battle is just one scenario where the tube could be used. But do you think it would be a major issue if the Lv. Requirement for the Emergency Rescue Tube would be 50 instead of the 60 as it is currently? I ask that assuming you disagreed with the post.

Ultimately whether I would like this change and others agree or disagree, it would be the MapleLegends staff that would have the final decision. If they could post one here it would be appreciated. Thanks.

8. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    Although the earliest level to receive a zhelm is level 50, in my opinion, it’s by no mean the standard. Back when I played, I didn’t receive mine until level 70+ because: 1. I didn’t have the money at the time to purchase one. 2. I didn’t have the hp.
    In the end, I don’t see too big of a difference at getting it at level 50 vs level 60. At best, it would be a difference of 10-20 mp over 10 levels if one’s concern is over hp washing.

9. V220

V220 Chronos

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    SoLucky
    Bishop
    I don't know how to explain it (communication is not my strength), so I will basically repeat myself in other terms in hopes it comes across differently. What you are suggesting is:

Changing "A" to do "B" more easily even if "B" is something that was not intended to be done in the first place; and, additionally, "B" can already be done as it is right now.

IMO, to do a change in the game, no matter if it is small or big (or if it has small or big repercussions), there should be a good reason for it. I am pretty sure that nobody reading this post is concerned about the impact that the suggested change will have on the game outside the benefit it would offer. But, given that is something that is not necessary as there are plenty other ways to get more HP, I deem it as not worth deviating more from the original design.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. OP
    OP
    EndStrategy

EndStrategy Slime

Jul 14, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Beginner
    -
    Understandable, 140-160 extra HP may have helped you get the extra HP to tag along with a Zakum run earlier. And that extra mp difference would probably matter to a lot players, that like you say want to hp wash.

Ok then, I respect that opinion to not change the game.

Is it really important that this Emergency Rescue Tube can only be equipped at Lv. 60 instead of 50 though? To me it seems arbitrary that this can only be equipped at Lv. 60 (I thought it was Lv. 50 until I saw the Lv. requirement) and that the Emergency Rescue Tube is the Tube that gets the HP bonus added to it. It could have been the Black Tube that got the HP boost, and Emergency Rescue Tube that got avoidability, but unfortunately it's not.

I agreed that there are plenty of other ways to get more HP, and why would having this, as another earlier option not be worth adding? As the change would be small and an easy change. But I'll stop trying to convince you as you've already deemed it as not worth deviating more from the original design.

Are people just disagreeing (who didn't leave a comment) with the idea because that isn't the default item in the game file?

11. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    If enough changes like this are implemented, it starts to have repercussions in other parts of the game. There's a world in which enough items are changed for easily accessible HP for Zak at level 50, leading to a drop in AFK Zak service, which leads to a reduction in the number of people running Zak, which leads to an increase in Gen 20 price, which leads to less players playing Bishop, which leads to increased leech prices, and so on so forth.

Note that I'm not saying that specific chain will happen from this one small change, but it's just an example of how changes can have repercussions far beyond their direct effect. If something is changed because "why not?" as others have said, there's a good chance it has more negative effects than positive ones if there's not a specific issue it's addressing.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  12. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    3:15 AM
    iPippy
    Honestly why not just raise the level of zak entry to 60 to accommodate the tube?

• Creative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Useful x 1
  13. V220

V220 Chronos

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    SoLucky
    Bishop
    I agree with beegoratto, but just wanted to emphasize that even if the tube change would have guaranteed 0% repercussions, I would still be opposed to making changes if these are not necessary.

i have been thinking of why this is my stance regarding this aspect and interestingly I think it stems, of course making this game resemble less and less the game that I used to play back then BUT I think it mainly comes out of frustration. Let me explain with an example,

Back in 2015, my main source of income was summoning bahamut on my bishop every 2-3min while I was at work/studying. I made tons of meso and that was at a time that lucky charms were worth 10k/each and now that I came back from a long break I still had over 1k lucky charms lol. After the break I went back to do the same grind and after hours of doing it it felt like it wasn’t the same and it was not! At some point, the drop rate of summons got heavily nerfed, but how am I supposed to know that in beforehand? Well, you can’t since there isn’t a list summarising all changes that have been made. And if there was one, the list would be huge and most likely convoluted. This happened to me a lot of times with items, mechanics, quests and more, and it is frustrating. And even if it were minimal changes, like beginners not needing to have the respective shell to be thrown with the corresponding level of throw shell skill, heck I didn’t know about that and leveled about x10 characters without knowing/using it in its modern version… again, frustrating. Having to look at forum posts of year 20XX christmas or whatever patch to find specific changes is not making good use of my time. Therefore, I would just suggest not changing anything if it is not really necessary to avoid confusion and discrepancies with previous knowledge.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    9:15 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Maplelegends Skill Changes, it is however missing the summon droprate change. I tried to find the original mention of this change but so far haven't been able to find it on the forums yet. Overall we do try to update this list as much as we can.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  15. V220

V220 Chronos

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    SoLucky
    Bishop
    i didn’t even know this existed, which strengthens the point I tried to make. The same for Gigachad <3 Nightz trying to find the summons nerf and being hard to do so.

I Tried right now finding this skill changes list on my own as someone who is new to the server and indeed found it going from ML homepage -> Learn more -> link in the redirected link, so I guess it is quite easy to find and I should have found it when I came back from my break. I am very glad to hear that the list gets updated, it is very well done! Is there something similar for items/other stuff that is not skill changes?

However, the point still remains that the shorter such lists remain, the more convenient it is to catch up to the current “version” of the server and the probability of getting frustrating surprises is lower.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    EndStrategy

EndStrategy Slime

Jul 14, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Beginner
    -
    Could the mods close / delete this suggestion please.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.