1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Buff PQ by adding pcoins as reward

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mirrors, Aug 5, 2023.

1. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    11:00 PM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    As many of you may have noticed there have been smegas everyday for every single kind of PQ, LPQ / OPQ / MPQ, for new players to beg for other runners. Legends is an old server now and very top heavy. However we still need a healthy influx of new players to balance the economy, and bring new life to the server. I propose we add pcoins as a potential reward to PQing.

• For PQ with boxes, they would drop as an optional drop of 1 coin, like CWKPQ.
    • The coin drop would not be guaranteed to avoid abuse. I think it should be somewhere like 1~2 coins per hour, idk, just something to reward new players for PQing (this may be adjusted based on difficulty of said PQ).
    • For PQ that are like kpq with no bonus boxes maybe just have it as a rare reward.
    Why is this important?
    For economical and server life purposes, having an influx of new players is important. I think not being able to find a party in a PQ creates a death loop where pqers think they never will find a party and as a result not try to PQ, and if they can't progress because of slow leveling they'll eventually quit which isn't great. I see lots of smegas everyday begging for ppl to PQ so I don't want them to get discouraged because of lack of people.

New players don't need coins, which are endgame content
    I understand where this viewpoint is coming from, considering that pcoins arguably were introduced to buff bossing. But think about stuff like gacha or even the int 10% scroll from kpq. Many new players see this 10% scroll as a jackpot to help them buy pots and gear early game, it's also around the same price as a pcoin. New players deserve to get funded too, and maybe start saving up for gear as they progress through the game.
    Not to mention since gacha and nx now consistently drop from mobs, and finding a pq party is difficult, there isn't much of an economic incentive to PQ. This should alleviate that a bit. I mean by this same argument you can say that new players don't deserve to get white scrolls or chaos scrolls from gacha either because it's "endgame", but either way it's a good way to help fund new players while adding more items into the economy.
    Remember the beginning of COVID when we had about 2000 new players and chaos scrolls dropped to like 70mil? There's obviously a good incentive to help new players stay.

What about potential abuse?
    I will admit I don't know how to address this. But seeing as there are sweaty people out there who multiclient kpq solo in 8 minutes apparently, we just need to balance for cases like that and make sure PQing isn't the best money maker. And it's not intended to be! The drops are not guaranteed and it should not be as profitable as bossing or multi mage farming but it should be enough where if a new player is only PQing from level 25-75 they should at least feel supported financially. And at least not worry about pots or recharging stars. Any suggestions on how to prevent this would be appreciated.

Why pcoins?
    I don't mind using any other item that you might think help PQ rewards such as valuable scrolls or whatnot. But those can also be abused and farmed as well. I just picked pcoins because they are the most flexible and easiest to liquidate when compared to things like scrolls. Of course adding other things instead of pcoins are fine too I am open to other items or suggestions too

• Great Work Great Work x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    8:00 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    It's going to be very hard to find a balance where you make it lucrative enough for 1 player, while also not making it wildly profitable for multiclienters. (E.g. 1 coin per char per hour would be fairly mediocre for 1 person, but scaling it up to 5 characters means you'll rival farming ulu2.)

Additionally, I don't think this can be achieved with pcoins since they're worth ~3.5m each, so you'd probably need to set up a sort of ticket system (x tickets for 1 coin), as 1 coin per run would be too many per hour for some PQs.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    1:00 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    Hopefully there are some PQ changes by summer event when population swells

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    11:00 PM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Yeah if anyone has any suggestions on how to combat the potential abuse that'd be welcome but if there are no great ideas then honestly buffing the exp a bit more or just revamping the awards to be more noob friendly might be helpful too.

5. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    3:00 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    IMO this can work if: the reward is 1x per ip, you can't limit the mules in the PQ because sometimes there is no player that plays, then you need to complete the party (as well as other content) but if you have a way to limit earnings, it's a good one

6. Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    2:00 AM
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    Unfortunately limiting it to be "1x per ip" doesn't solve anything for people with multiple computers. Or people with clever ways to have multiple different outgoing connections from the same computer.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    9:00 AM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    While I do agree with the lackluster rewards of PQs currently, I believe a general overhaul is due. I also think p-coins are not a new player's concern but some financial reward should be added so that players consider PQing as a viable option for progress than just grinding alone. Adding weapon/armor/accessory scroll boxes similar to these from past anniversary events, but having 3 different boxes for 30s, 60s and 70s can directly benefit newer players with scrolls they can benefit from or sell. This can help create a new method to obtain scrolls.

You can also add a "classic <PQ> box" that has the standard/classic PQ rewards like ores, bamboo hat etc etc, and a gach box that can give you a random amount of gach when opened. Rates can be tweaked and adjusted for each PQ and avg time taken to complete a specific PQ.

An example can be: it takes on average 10 minutes to finish 1 EPQ so in an hour, your average party will complete 6 EPQs in 1 hour. The rates can be balanced around that.

Less popular PQs can also have higher rates for the more "profitable" boxes like OPQ and MPQ as they're harder to run/fill than EPQ/PPQ which are faster to complete and give very good EPH as a result.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  8. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    9:00 AM
    Endorphins
    People are concerned about pq's state, but in reality im not sure if there are enough new players that even go for pq.
    Even if every suggestion here is implemented, the people that will actually benefit from these awards are most likely people that opened
    PQ mules.
    What bothers me is the way it can effect content like cwkpq, if youre adding Pcoins or 30 scrolls as suggested by hiyo to simple pqs,
    the prices (at least of the scrolls) might drop because its easier to get. Therefore an indirect nerf to cwkpq.
    You might argue that despite adding 30s scrolls to drop pool of mobs, the prices stayed pretty much the same, but people dont really hunt
    these scrolls and getting them from a pq can be easier.
    Also, you can run cwkpq, a 1hr long pq for most people, and get 0 coins (worst case) to 3 coins (best case). Why should a lv 15x+ character
    get the same reward from a pq box as a lv 4x character in lpq, an easy and friendly pq to clear?

9. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Having some of the older players opening PQ mules will make it easier for new players to find a party and the new and old get to mingle here which I see as an abosulte win.

Now if the older players opt to simply solo the PQs then it won't do much if anything for newer players which is why I wanted the PQ exclusive rewards tradeable within account instead of simply adding a monetary value, to entice people to single client the PQs.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    2:00 PM
    HP challenge will fix all this. because low level chars are all hanging on ropes in wraiths.

11. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    HP challenges are our top priority now, but a PQ overhaul is right behind it in relevance. We have decided on a schedule strategy that we will be talking about during the upcoming summer event patch.

As for the purpose of this thread - to give my non-staff opinion, I don't believe that adding what should effectively be a later-game tool (pcoins) to early game content would do us good. It's clear that PQs need incentive, to make sense including in early character progression, but I think that figuring out ways to give them value appropriate for their level bracket would give better results.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  12. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    3:00 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    oh yeah, i knew that, i'd need something to "fight it"