1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

State of archers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TORONTOTOKYO, Jun 8, 2023.

Which is the stronger archer now?

1. Marksman

27 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Bowmaster

45 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. SAME!

27 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    5:03 PM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    How much would you guess the best NLs and MMs do for PB body?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2023
  2. Esmo

Esmo Pac Pinky

Nov 8, 2019
    Male
    3:03 AM
    Esmo
    Beginner
    UpperLeveL
    last time I did crimson wood partyquest the lv 181 mm couldn’t hold the pirate and I was salty and toxic towards them :)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 6
  3. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    9:03 PM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    What makes you think that 4.5-4.6m on pb body is low dpm? That`s only 10% less than top tier NL. That`s the trade of having the best party bonus available.

MMs have almost the same potential on body nowadays, considering end game gear from both. Every 4.6-4.7m + dpm from MM are inflated from pierce arrow on mini beans, damage that is redundant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    For a class that's designed to excel with high attack pots (as implied with the fastest attack speed), it's a meme that they're not top performers on the only content that requires apples due to being impacted the most directly from the counterdesign of the fight (high defense, damage reduction). Nevertheless, they're still a really good class as they offer SE + top tier dpm in one package, and the last few changes like the sed notes dropping on both sides heavily favor BM over other classes. In fully optimized comps, unfortunately, top tier still tends to lose out to the very top, and SE can always be muled.

And it's pretty easy to argue that damage on minibeans is still extremely valuable for the overall run speed, even with mages.

5. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    To be fair, BMs seem to outperform MMs for the most part by 10% on statues at high end gear and skill levels. I think the 10% damage trade off on body for statue DPM is more than worth it given statue actually matters and body is memes

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    What are your thoughts on MMs performing >25% better on cider?

7. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Unless hosts change apple usage policy it's mostly irrelevant

8. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I can see a future where runs clear with minimal apple usage past statues, and BMs become meme damage for body.

9. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    The main principle that determines whether or not using an apple is worth it is whether the time (or extra playerS) saved from using the apple is worth more than the cost of the apple. In a content like pink bean, where the average kill is worth around 2b, its always worth it to use the apple.

Your hypothetical minimal apple runs may end up existing, but the players on that run would make less mesos than a competing full apple run (that has less runners due to the extra damage of full apple).

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    While this is true, I think the priority list goes 1) clear consistency 2) expense optimization 3) composition optimization. The problem is #3 can cause changes to both #1 and #2, most impacted during the statues phase, so it gets harder to justify shifting #3 too drastically. The general fight breakdown is 1/3 statues 2/3 body, and the minimum number of people required to clear statues is the same as the number of people required to clear body. Your suggestion would shift the fight to be 1/2 statue and 1/2 body entirely on apple, which poses a big risk if anything were to go wrong in any part of the fight. Of course, this could change in the future with developments like multiattacking, but if I had to guess, most groups would be happier with runs that are stable, consistent, and cheaper with a slightly smaller payout over the less stable, less consistent, and more expensive runs with a higher payout.

11. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    I’m not sure BM > MM on statues tho

12. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    At high range BM should be outperforming MM

13. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    I tend to believe that too. However, i’d like to know for sure how defense works against strafe x hurricane. There is a chance the natural lower range of BM getting more affected by wep def than MM, making MM better on actual situations besides dummy’s. However, that wouldn’t mean a high difference anyways. The classes are pretty much balanced

Last edited: Aug 25, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    WDef does hurt BM much more than MM but WDef also isn't immensely impactful during statues. I agree though the classes are balanced. People forget how insanely busted Hamstring is and how well BMs perform in CWK/Nameless/BGA vs MMs and only look at the damage.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    8:03 AM
    BM->hamstring
    MM->damage
    TLDR

16. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    6:03 PM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    hamstring is super effective on stationery bosses f3

17. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Honestly, I don't really get why you say sarcastic statements like this and
    and inflammatory statements like
    but when other people make sarcastic statements, they're being toxic? You're being just as sarcastic and dismissive as anyone else is.

Hamstring is legitimately a powerful tool that pretty much any BM that has ever run Nameless, Dunas 2, BGA, Anego, Bigfoot, CWKPQ, Samurai, Pap, hell even Auf agrees is important enough that you would often bring a weaker BM over a stronger MM in most of those fights. I'm not sure if you've ever tried watching an MM try to pin Pirate in CWK or try to attack Nameless as an underwashed ranged without Hamstring, but it's miserable. It ruins the experience for everyone else, to the point where any perceived damage advantages MMs have in those fights (which is non existent since Hamstring turns them into dummy DPM fights) is irrelevant.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    6:03 PM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Hamstring is very powerful/useful in the right content I can agree, but bigfoot, anego, bga, pap, and JC is not "endgame" content. Nameless, dunas, Auf can't mention since I don't run it. True dpm matters in HT+PB imo since that is where you need to carry your weight to run smaller parties (6man/18man) in which case Hamstring being "powerful therefore no other buffs should be allowed" is a mute argument to me. -Most- content you don't even need hamstring, it just makes the pinner's life a little easier so they can focus more on dpm.

19. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    BGA, the level 170+ boss that most players don’t run until 190, isn’t endgame content?

I would consider myself probably one of most “endgame” BMs on the server right now and Nameless and CWK are both part of my ideal daily rotation, as would BGA if I could find other strong duo attackers. I’m not sure why they wouldn’t be considered endgame content, when they definitely are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. pharaoh

pharaoh Master Chronos

Mar 30, 2020
    Male
    8:03 PM
    Radiologist
    Marksman
    Beaters
    BM->hamstring, damage, and buff independence
    MM->

• Agree Agree x 4