1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Add balanced fury / taos to gachapon

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by brunandes, Sep 6, 2023.

1. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    6:47 PM
    If EV is 16m, why do so few people do it?

Also in your opinion, taos should just stay as dead content?

2. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Maybe think about why it is dead.

3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    12:47 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    As for the former question, there are far more lucrative strategies for people with more developed (or spread out) character infrastructure.

As for the second question, I don't really have an opinion on this. BFs are farmable as is, adding Taos wouldn't be a bad idea, but I'm impartial on the matter.

4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    3:47 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Because people don't keep track of their run data.

5. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Lmao i honestly expected better from you.
    It does not take a genius to see that the tao exchange is dead because it is completely outclassed by the custom ws exchange.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Here's a list of other cwk exchanges: https://bbb.hidden-street.net/exchange-quest-crimsonwood

Tao of sight - random prize from 50 storm breaker badges or 50 firebrand badges
    Tao of harmony- random prize from 50 nightshadow badges
    Tao of shadows - random prize from 50 nightshadow badges or 50 firebrand badges

• Like Like x 1
  7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Sure, so you have options - farm the higher EV exchange and utilize the free market, or run the tao exchange and craft furies more efficiently. It depends on what your goals are at the end of the day. Again, a 30 atk star isn't a necessity. It's a luxury in that it's the second strongest set of stars in the game. In contrast, Ilbi are 27 atk and get sold for pennies if not NPC'd.

Also, there is a set ceiling for star prices from MTK crafting cost. Furies could cost 80m and if people are willing to pay that much for them, ultimately, that's their market value OVER their willingness to go farm the good themselves. If you don't want to pay that much, lower your expectations or figure out a way to work towards your goal.

This is the same shit as that other thread. People complain about things being too difficult in game so they resort to asking for things to be made easier- even though there exists a community of people turning in hundreds of CWK exchanges, even back when furies were only 30m.

Can things be made easier? Sure, we can make everything easier in this game if we wanted to. Should we? I'm less impervious to the practice of bending to the will of people constantly asking for things when they haven't really attempted to figure shit out for themselves. Just a few months ago, people were crafting tons and tons of furies by scouring the market for every last tao. The only reason we're in this situation today is because those people were smart enough to merch a scarce item and corner the market, and players are clueless on identifying a problem and figuring out a solution. Instead, they go to the forums to complain about everything.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Ya sure, smart people cornering the market because they are smart. Dumb people who are unable to do that because they started the game later.

I sincerely hope staff does not adopt this selfish attitude of yours. Else the server is truly close to its end.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    As expertly demonstrated by kiwizkiwiz , playing the market is a skill and can be achieved with little starting funds.

Not everything is to blame on the illuminati rich elite that manipulates all prices behind the scenes. Some things are just a matter of keeping your eyes open and seeing what happens on the server.

10. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Of course playing the market is a skill. What about playing the market on an extinct item? Let's not pretend that the tao exchange is not dead because 'nobody showed data'. If the market value of of bf doubling over a year is 'market correction', what is the correct value? When it surpasses mtk?

Honestly you were the only person who made an interesting point about the custom ws exchange being potientially viable for a solo NL. Im curious to see you test it out and share your results.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    I'm just as curious as you are :) I'll be trying out the cwk exchanges (all of the options) when I get back ^^

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  12. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    5:47 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    bfury used to be 120m and mtk 500m. current prices are a walk in the park and seem just fine

• Creative Creative x 1
  13. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    In what world would bfury exceed past current mtk prices lmfao

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    When was this?

15. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Would that be a corrected price?

16. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    prob around 2018-9

• Creative Creative x 1
  17. raysinz5

raysinz5 Mr. Anchor

Jul 1, 2015
    Male
    6:47 AM
    I/L Mage
    It should also be noted that back then, you only needed 1 set of MTK/BF due to the shadow star bug.

18. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    meant prices were artificially low back then

• Creative Creative x 2
  19. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Do you understand what price is? It's the amount one would be willing to pay for a good/service so as to not have to do it themselves. In the real world, people price things a certain way because others do not have the wherewithal/skills/access to make certain goods themselves, and the market is robust enough where there are enough suppliers to satisfy most needs through trade. In this game, everyone is generally on an equal playing field with access to the markets, and you as a player are fully capable of being your own supplier.

If there were 0 bfuries in the market and someone wanted bfuries, they could increase their bid so as to entice a seller, or they could spend their time in order to craft one by participating in the game - in this case, farming CWK etc and exchanging for craft items. Someone who has the data for the individual tao exchange that Mirrors posted above would know what market price makes the exchange worth their time, so yes, run/drop/exchange rate data is extremely important for making smart decisions. However, at this point in time, the market is clearly not desperate enough for furies where people would seek out these types of market ventures, and supply remains low -- but that is not to say the system itself is broken. It is very much working as intended, and incentive to explore these types of niche markets is only helped by increased fury prices. Intervening by artificially increasing tao supply through forced game changes, in my eyes, is an act of handholding a far too lazy population that has learned to gain by complaining rather than working for things themselves.

MTKs are a better good than bfury and have a fixed crafting cost, so outside of idiots who don't value their time/mesos or sentimentalists/collectors, furies should never exceed MTK cost.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Was it because the stars were just released? What I can gain from this ratio is that the 'correct price' of bf right now should be around 32m, since mtk is around 135m and has been stable for a while given how neo tokyo content are pretty active.