1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

holy symbol reworked

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RemiIia, Oct 17, 2023.

1. RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    2:31 AM
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    Temporarily allows all members of the party nearby to gain additional EXP while hunting. It increasingly reaches its full effectiveness when there are 2 or more active members in the party.

while hunting/active as in~ as long as you're attacking and killing monsters; the effect increases.
    MapleF13r.i.p afk leechers/ leech sellers MapleF13

1 active party member: (solo hunting: +110%
    afk/inactive party members: +0%)

2 active party members: 150% +10%
    3 active party members: 150% +15%
    4 active party members: 150% +20%
    5 active party members: 150% +25%
    6 active party members: 150% +30%

• lvl 20 *MP - 80; For 120 sec., all members of the party gain an additional EXP +150%, +5% x increase of active party members*

Last edited: Oct 18, 2023
    • Disagree Disagree x 16
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Kostok

Kostok Mano

Mar 23, 2023
    Male
    12:31 PM
    I don't ignore its current emphasis in the server economy but IMHO leeching is the most unfun aspect of the server for a new player (I am one) and, I feel the longer it stays the fewer people would start here in this server. I don't know if prohibiting HS alone would make it better, but we need fun and better (cheaper or faster) leveling alternatives for the level ranges people need to use leech. Multimaging is again not a thing I plan to do as a high level player. I may have not think of the other reasons for your suggestion other than leeching though, feel free to write them.

3. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    11:31 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    This suggestion does exactly nothing against leeching itself. It's just a buff to those that grind together. Wanting to change HS to give bonusses while actively attacking is fine but it should come at a cost of nerfing the base exp gain for afk people.

4. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    5:31 PM
    I have a neutral stance on leeching. While it might seem to discourage new players, it's currently the only catch-up mechanisms for them to reach where the old players are in a reasonable amount of time. Although the server faced inflation overtime, the leech market has remained relatively consistent. The only time it was cheaper was when real-world trading leech sellers flooded the server.

If the overall market inflates, causing prices to rise, but leeching costs remain the same, it effectively becomes more affordable. For instance, if everything doubles in price, leeching costs would be halved in terms of cost value.

Removing leeching would significantly widen the time gap between new and established players. Without the option to leech through the challenging levels between 65 and 120, more players may quit. Leeching also benefits players who don't have the luxury of spending hours grinding; they can let their characters leech overnight. Again, due to the market inflation over time while leech pricing has remained relatively consistent, players can sell items and scrolls at higher prices and, in turn, use the proceeds to buy leech services.

In reality, leeching actually benefits new and casual players more than one might initially think. I'm not saying leeching is good, but before considering changes or abolishing it, we should have a viable solution or alternative for leveling in place. Without leeching, new players would face a much tougher time catching up while old players already have an established character infrastructure for farming, further widening the wealth gap between the two groups.

I understand that the main concern is that players who do not want to partake in leeching wish to be on an “equal playing field”, but at this point, I feel it actually does more harm.

Leeching has also enabled characters to be heavily HP washed, and that's another topic of its own.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    6:31 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I see a lot of new player making money selling leech, so I don't think it's bad for the economy, since to sell low level leech you basically you need a point in genesis and maximum speed and jump.

For those who don't like leech, just do like me, I grinded from lv 1-200 without ever having leech, nor self leech, and I also never sold leech

• Like Like x 1
  6. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I don't see it as discouraging, when I started playing a lot of people gave me the tip of making a mage to sell leech, this is still a tip that I hear people say a lot to each other... other than that, the person can grind, there are rare levels where leech goes beyond a good grind (for a single character, and for normal conditions, not like a character with 500int)

7. OP
    OP
    RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    yes that is true, leechers may still leech but they get +0% for being afk, the mage still gets default 110% for being the only one hunting on the map. the leechers will not gain any bonuses at all from Holy Symbol.
    In theory, this party buff will work well with bossing and party grinding.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2023
  8. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    5:31 PM
    In the end, it all comes down to the player's mentality. Somehow, the idea of leeching irks some players, even though they have the choice not to partake in it. But seeing how other players take advantage of it can make them feel annoyed.

The same principle applies to multi-maging and crafting perfect weapons. Not being able to obtain a perfect weapon within what they consider a reasonable time frame really puts them off, and they become frustrated, even though you don't necessarily need it.

Some are unwilling to invest the effort, and that's perfectly fine. However, they become upset when they see others engaging in them. I understand that not everyone has the luxury of time. In reality, if everyone had easy access to everything the game offers, the server and its community won't last. If players feel they're not rewarded fairly for their efforts, it discourages them from playing as well.

It's impossible to satisfy all player preferences in one game. Also, this game is primarily PvE, and any competitive aspect is just a social construct.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I understand the point that it can be frustrating, but a perfect weapon is an RNG thing, getting lucky enough to pass 7 30%, that's it, leveling is different

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Ain't nobody perfecting weapons by passing 7 30s though :')

11. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I used an exaggerated example on purpose, but I myself passed 5/5
    or that disc guy who was scrolling a king cent and accidentally passed a 10% without ws

Last edited: Oct 17, 2023
  12. OP
    OP
    RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    It's good to see my suggestion is getting positive attraction. As a saint of the server, I want what is best for all players so I hope we can push this through to the developers :3

even I too will suffer, since I do leech/sell leech on my bishops/mages.
    but it's all for the greater good.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2023
  13. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    4:31 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    have you applied for balance team? i think they can use some novel thinkers like yourself

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    I have never considered it

15. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    3:31 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    WhispWhisp THEY'RE COMIN FOR YOUR GUNS NOW NATE

16. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    This suggestion sucks

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  17. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    upload_2023-10-17_23-57-36.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    actually lol, let's not change anything.
    i like making mesos on my mages

• Agree Agree x 2