1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information November 2023 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Nov 26, 2023.

1. Vowels

Vowels Mr. Anchor

Jan 23, 2019
    7:46 PM
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    I think the mage change is fantastic and it will make progress feel rewarding, I'm personally very happy and enthusiastic because it feels right that our efforts and dedication for these classes will finally pay off. Mages had this awful problem that no matter how dedicated you were, scaling made the journey feel pointless and as much as you loved the class doing any upgrade was realistically achieving next to nothing. No real class should be deprived of progression, thanks for implementing this.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    6:46 PM
    iPippy
    The removal of cwk sign requirements may well have been a primary motivation for curbing the looting of excessive bonus boxes, or it could have been on the radar even without them.

If the intent is to make it so 2-3 people can't loot the entire map, have we tinkered with the idea of disabling pets in bonus maps? Their automatic looting is a primary factor in reducing the apm required to loot everything. But everyone knows I think pets are insanely unhealthy for this game anyways :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    6:46 AM
    Perhaps you're thinking of Diablo or something where staves are two-handed.

There's nothing stopping the BT from deciding that staves are now two-handed and can't be used with a shield. Then maybe consider granting them an additional multiplier, like 1.25x magic attack on top of their current effects for example.

Also, renaming of Wand/Staff 1-8 and adding of description when? https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...adopt-names-descriptions-from-maplesea.48176/

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    3:46 PM
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    It's fine if 2-3man CWK is was too OP and had to be nerfed but as others have mentioned, I would've liked to see that explained in the balance notes

That being said, the hourly income of CWK is not beyond meta money-making strategies. I can't imagine it deserved the nerfs unless there were folks simultaneously farming CWK while multi-maging. But the solution to that would be to make CWK boss stage more interactive

Last edited: Nov 27, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. mjk

mjk Master Chronos

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    3:46 PM
    MattNL
    Night Lord
    Pasta
    Nerf 2-3 man cwk to make sure that farming stays #1 meso generation by a large margin.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    [​IMG]

has CWKPQ bonus room entry points changed at all? seems extremely difficult if not (due to removal of speed/jump boost for far right side)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Krisspy

Krisspy Project Coordinator Staff Member Project Coordinator

Mar 10, 2021
    Female
    4:46 PM
    Krissybear
    Bishop
    It's been working for a while now! It's just not worth it to run usually with a full couples bonus MapleF4

8. Kiaraaa

Kiaraaa Chronos

Apr 5, 2018
    Female
    Kiaraaa
    Bishop
    Pasta
    love the mage change beeboo :heartbeat:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    my hot take: the CWKPQ bonus changes will actually make people run it LESS due to difficulty and decrease in box accessibility overall without Haste/si (mobility increases).

Let's check back, in 8-10 months to see the average entry of CWKPQ compared to before this change.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    in a way, i assume this change was due to this thread and it's discussion here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    rip uncle

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    new chair hype

• Like Like x 1
  13. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    1:46 AM
    Endorphins
    can staff please provide additional data about cwkpq bonus nerfs?
    I read 6 pages and its mostly debating about a NL nerf but in reality its a nerf for ALL. NO ONE asked for cwkpq bonus nerfs.
    This feels just completely out of place for me, there has to be some reason or further explanations to justify this change, or maybe a map difference.
    Also people might miss the point where it says all skill usage, does it mean booster+si wont work? so we basically get like half the boxes from before?
    Its a nerf not only for all classes, but a nerf for higher levels players that put enough work on the chars to be able to run this pq 2~4man runs.
    Why? So many cwkpq suggestions on forums through the years, and while the sign fixes are blessed, no one asked for bonus nerfs
    Cwkpq for me (19x hero) is the most stable most reliable income source, where heros shined most, but now it seems like its really not worth doing.
    If i could get 8~10 boxes, i might get half of that now.

• Agree Agree x 7
  14. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Honestly yeah, the bonus stage change is completely unnecessary, nobody even asked for it. The nerf to fj isnt a NL nerf, its a nerf to everyone. Previously NL could volunteer to do top right boxes to let others have the easier ones, now this flexibility is dead.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    staff are asleep at this time after working on new patch, check back in 24-48hours.

16. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Mixed Golem

Oct 29, 2020
    given that even now people looting ckwpq boxes by repeating left/right can loot all boxes, anything higher than 3man will probably still be able to loot all the cwk boxes with some practice most likely with fast spear. people can practice looting in 5mans which is more accessible now, and even in 4man more experienced players can volunteer to loot the boxes to the right. the change is only a big nerf to 3 or 2man cwkpq

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    I suppose we'll find out in 5 days in our next runs. Ill try staying optimistic :s

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    1:46 AM
    Endorphins
    This nerf is one word: unnecessary!
    Why make life harder? This pq is already one of the biggest time sinks in the game! All bosses are mostly non afk experience (cleave spawn mobs, mage needs dp, pirate is the shittiest boss in the game)!
    This pq was the hardest to organize and to execute. Now it's slightly easier to organize but bonus nerfed to the floor. Why make us adapt (honestly dont see any way to adapt to physical limits) and punish more skilled players by making them take right side.

If until now you had a room for error in 4man bonus, lets say you missed a hit or a jump, could still get all boxes. Now, lets assume you get all boxes despite nerfs somehow, there's no room for error. You miss or fall = missed boxes

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious

Even hotter take:
    upload_2023-11-27_0-44-17.png

One additional reason to not create a new archer account.

20. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Phew that is a hot take. Spicy. Taking bets, will cwkpq flourish or die, stay tuned

• Great Work Great Work x 1