1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make npc which sells apr for mesos.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by samud3, Dec 11, 2023.

Tags:
  1. samud3

samud3 Mano

Apr 1, 2022
    10:22 PM
    Beginner, Camper, Islander, Warrior, Fighter
    The hp challenge isnt really working , if your goal is for players wait a year before playing the char they want ho challenge is the way to go .
    why not just have an npc which sells only apr for a decent price
    (For example 5m for apr will be more than fair since you will need to spend 5b to get 1000 reset instead of waiting a year and half for those 1000 apr which is about the amount people goes for )
    This will make the game what it truely about , grind!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    9:22 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Just out of curiosity, what makes you say the hp challenges aren't really working?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    1:22 PM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    I cant speak too much since I dont play bucc but it feels like they got skemmed with final tier hp challenge

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    2:22 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    upload_2023-12-11_1-24-41.png

hp washing isn't needed for 3 of the 5 classes and 30k is reachable with challenges on your other 2 classes

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    3:22 AM
    The current options could be the reason deterring them from playing other classes, thus the suggestion.

Having alternatives is good and if this were to be accepted, likely will be time-gated, for example being limited to 1 purchase per day.

I don’t see this happening because it would mean admitting that the HP challenge is indeed unappealing and needed additional alternatives, likely the reason why there’s no direct APR exchange from recent events when the HP challenge was close to release. NX drops is the closest thing to farming for APR outside of daily voting.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    There have actually been ways to obtain APR past 3 events (Anniversary, Summer, Halloween) with the most notable one being Anniversary. Before there would also be various events where one couldn't get APR and I personally don't think it needs to be the norm to be able to farm lots of APR every event.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    problem is how much and how fast is enough. more broadly, how much power creep is acceptable?

8. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    I see, is cash obtainable from the events, which indirectly converts them into APR? I don't PQ unfortunately.

I have no idea to be honest because I'm mostly unaffected. While some sees HP washing as a hindrance, I view it more like an optional challenge for better quality of life the more you are willing to invest.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2023
  9. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Anniversary had a lot of APR available that could be directly purchased from the Event NPC (30 per week if I recall correctly). Summer had it similarly but only 7 per week and Halloween you could do Butler PQ and chose the NX reward option, this would be roughly 1 APR per hour.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    1:22 PM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Anniversary was (welcomely) busted for APR. It was the only event I did sofar that felt worthwhile giving up raffle for APR. I was on vacation during the first week but those resets paved the way for my bish from 9x - 110-12x. I wish more events were similar since it wasnt muleable, each char was hardcapped and had to put in effort to clear tower pq.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    That's actually good to hear. I stayed longer than I usually would after he Anniversary event flooded the market with goodies and I had much fun trading and scrolling. I was hoping subsequent events to be similar but they were nowhere close to even half and I'm disappointed after two events went by.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    if hp could be so freely obtained, there would be no brakes to character expansion. it's easy to get to 4th job and all your bossing profits will be swamped by whichever players happen to be dancing around zakum with 20 nl

back in my day zak and targa needed hb and a party to clear; now it's easy to solo both. as a result, aside from coins, their drops have ended up worthless

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    I couldn't afford Gen30 and MW20 back in 2018. So I saved up 2bil and stopped playing, waited for the average player-base to become stonk enough such that there are more HT runs with smaller party sizes. Came back 2020, bought 100% service and continued playing.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  14. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    4:22 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    apr no, but teleport rock, owl, charm could be good mesos sink

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Palladino

Palladino Master Chronos

Apr 26, 2020
    Paladin
    Funk
    The economy would be saved if xBowtjuhNLxBowtjuhNL had to pay mesos for his charms.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    12:22 PM
    secondpink
    Beginner
    Alternative solution:

Defense overhaul...

Our previous hopes of such a change... dashed away so long ago

If only someone... SOMEONE could think of ways of making defense a useful stat... a statistic, a number, easy to play with, and not infinitely gained easily, if only a thief wearing lvl 150 armor didn't take <5% less damage in zakum compared to a naked one

17. OP
    OP
    samud3

samud3 Mano

Apr 1, 2022
    Seeing the charts you will need to get to lv 180 to have a little bit less than okish hp while washed chars would get that at 120
    Plus for sin it isnt really enough.

18. OP
    OP
    samud3

samud3 Mano

Apr 1, 2022
    to make a 20k hp sin that way you will have to spend around 5-10b with my suggestion.so you will need to grind a lot of mesos (which this is the goal isnt it? That we grind) You can also make it higher if you thinks that my suggestion is too low .
    So the current situation is if someone start playing 10 years ago even if he havent played more than 1 hour total and just voted he could make the sin you are talking about but someone who start playing today no matter how hard he grind he cant . It seems fair to you?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2023
  19. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    if he had't played for over 1 hour then he couldn't afford to get to 20k hp anyway