1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

You don't need to put a limit of 1 bishop in HT parties

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alyosha, May 22, 2023.

1. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    8:43 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    You're free to bring 2, don't let the weights of tradition stop you. In fact I would bet a 2 bishop/4 range party would do better than the traditional 1 bishop/5 ranged.

You're also free to bring 3 bishops with you to your 6man HT. What's he going to do about it? Sed you through the 3 shields? Make him cry. Under that tough skin exists a dragon skeleton, and as we all know bishops are great at killing those.

At that point you don't even need to bring a sed mule. Just make one of the bishops sed. Even if a sed does make it through your infinite shield you just need one of the bishops to take pity on you while the other one laughs.

Bishop dead? Fortunately there's bishop. It's no longer a pain in the ass for bishop to die.

For preheads you just bring in your alts to fight the boring heads, then log them out afterwards. You can just stick the bishops in their own circlejerk party so they can shield themselves, and when the preheads do a weapon cancel for the 5th time in a row half your squad still has something to do as the 3 collectively do as much DPM as one real attacker.

We're no longer in the bishop ghost town. Now everyone is making a washed bishop, and it doesn't even matter that their gear is mediocre because the doom beams will slaughter any wyverns quickly. We no longer need to be stuck to the policy of having to find 1 bishop for HT. Just sign up multiple, because it makes their job trivial. Your standards can fall down into the gutter as you accept any old trash, as even the bad bishops still pump out decent numbers.

Let us usher in a new age of mage supremacy, and replace the jobs of normal attackers with the best class in the game. Drop all of the skill in favor of the russian corpse grinder. No longer will you have to watch for animations, or invest in Big Bang, just have the darks die to triple Bahamut and triple gen. HT is too stale so it's time to enter 2023.

• Great Work x 13
    • Like x 5
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  2. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I am respectfully asking you to stop cooking

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. 8TEEN

8TEEN Chronos

Apr 28, 2020
    Female
    11:43 PM
    Macbeth, Viona, Torrie, Wilson
    Paladin, Bishop, Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    late night epiphanies, based

4. Vowels

Vowels Mr. Anchor

Jan 23, 2019
    12:43 PM
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    when are we trying this

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    5:43 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    why stop at 3? bring 12

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Pelinsu

Pelinsu Timer

Jan 15, 2022
    6:43 PM
    All bishop pb when

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    11:43 AM
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    I've brought more than 1 in a party before, the main "issue" is lack of bishop players to begin with, not limiting the number bishops within the party

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Yes this makes way too much sense, sadly most bishops have better things to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Flamous
    Bishop
    Are level 154 HP washed bishes the new hammer mules?? easy 3 man HT, one attacker one 154 bishop ea, 3man exp, constant HSS

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    [​IMG]
    It was challenging to get someone to accept my madness but the initial testing was a grand success. TheDao was sed target and Alyosha was healing in in the instances it was necessary. Run 1 had 2 sed deaths, the first from fat fingering client selection and the second to forgetting I needed all-cures on heal bishop, but in run 2 I had it all figured out for a smooth sed experience. Downsizing to a single client to make a party that consists of 2 bishops and 4 ranged is a very viable setup.

J>2 bishop 6mans, will be sed target

• Great Work Great Work x 9
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    9:43 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Man the random smega run you joined with us was fuckin hilarious, party asking for HS at D3
    "Why I'm dpsing"

This seems like appropriate Pasta behaviour. Bravo

12. LiquidOoze

LiquidOoze Mixed Golem

Feb 7, 2018
    Sub 4k hp and 18k mp on a bishop and more than 1 hour HT run? Alright grandpa it's time to let the cooking be done by professionals. fartsyfartsy akashskyakashsky

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
  14. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    9:43 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    well it is pasta after all LOL

15. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Another 2 runs finished last night, and was fairly close to my speculations in terms of effectiveness. The second, due to DCs, ended up being an 8man consisting of 3 bishops, 1 hero, 1 bucc, 1 MM, and 2 NLs. You would think that half cleave attackers would be far too many, but mass did not even trigger before all heads were down, and that was with a fair bit of focus from Hero on optimal right side cleave, maybe ~8 minutes worth. With my bishop as the sed target, he only needed to swap out of party during legs and tail for full shield coverage, but I'm starting to believe 2 shields is enough to cover all arm seds as long as everyone is careful enough to not cross under any circumstances(or else purposefully trigger arm during the shield duration).

Overall, they were clean runs, and even with 3 bishop deaths in run 2 there was never any real stress. Resses never got TLed out of any necessity(at least in my unhinged opinion), but simply because it was an effective use of TL. It's a relaxing way to run a HT, as there is enough resources to mess up almost indefinitely.

beegorattobeegoratto 's Project iPippyiPippy simply doesn't go far enough. Asking if 1 hero can come to HT is wrong, as it starts from the same boring run everyone else uses and adds 1 hero. What it should really do is delete all NLs and SE, and exclusively run bishops, heroes, and buccs. Only after proving that shit's fucked running like that can one begin to tone back and maybe offer an SE(No NLs tho). If it's a success then it means cleave harder.

It's okay as long as the new bishop reaches more than 1 Liquidooze of HP

• Great Work Great Work x 3
  16. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    This is a difficult ask, as the number of heroes that are geared and skilled enough to replace an 8m DPM NL and SE is too low to support what you're proposing. Also for what it's worth, project pippy actually did start with 2 cleave, Hero + DK and although there were extraneous circumstances at play, it felt noticeable worse than single cleave. If there were enough strong heroes and highly washed Bishops available I would be willing to test this, but as it stands it's very easy to find 8m+ DPM NLs to just stack the run.

17. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Just bring 10 fully washed sed mules and you can nuke whatever you want.

Multi-Sed was a stupid change that made the fight easier by normalizing sed mules while making the fight more one dimensional.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    It's time for a xPippy & Wokenegg collaboration, the two 1h hero fanatics of the server.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    [​IMG]

Another successful dual bishop 6man with my bishop as the sed target. 2 shields is more than enough to cover the sed for legs and tail. Was expecting at least a risk of mass with head still up but it was safe, even with poor cancels for LH and MH. Solid quality single target attackers make this a viable option.

It's a lot more relaxing than you'd anticipate ^__^ All mid-level bishop problems go out the window when there are two of you.

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    damn goodbye old embedded pictures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI0k55cOQKw

We have completed a run that consisted of 1 Ice Lightning, 3 Bishops, and 2 Corsairs. Along with like 4 smoke mules, prehead DPM mules, and a sed DK. It was a wacky misadventure that involved an HP bar that looked like this with 6 parts up:
    upload_2024-3-11_18-44-21.png
    along with 4 DPs and all mass seds up. Run 2 was cleaner but I didn't record that. For perfecting the recipe you'd probably want sair focus on RH and slowly shift over to MH as more DPs happen. On mass you'd probably want to shift focus and have the sairs egg that arm and kill before moving back to MH. After LA dies to mage dpm you'd probably want the sairs to move left.

Nightz managed to get more than 11mil dpm in both runs. Every Night Lord has just been knocked down 1 peg as Ice Lightning reigns supreme.

• Great Work Great Work x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1