1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Maple Bully by a lv200 GG

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lapulasi, Jan 13, 2024.

1. Lapulasi

Lapulasi Mano

Oct 16, 2021
    Male
    9:14 AM
    Xingan
    Bishop
    Heaven
    What happened ?
    drama2.png
    I bought a 75att Flair-grave Claw for 179,999,999
    The seller claimed that he mispriced it, I guess he was meant to be 1,799,999,999 ?
    But in my opinion I saw a good deal, cuz I feel like this should be worth around 210coins.
    The seller was pm booming me with green chat, so I decided not to reply him.
    This is what I got after I said "I am afraid I can't sell/give it back to u".
    drama queen.jpg
    I should put it at 2b gg

Literature review f3
    I am pretty sure I do not break any Tos cuz I remember this kind of situation has happened around 2years ago when a seller "mispriced" a 76att red craven for 210m. He claimed that he want to sell it at 2.1b in the first place. I remember that seller @ a gm for solving this situation, then Nightz came and said in discord free market channel, "Will it make u feel better if I tell this is not worth 2.1b ?"

The question is
    "Should I sell/give it back ?"
    "Should U sell/give it back if u run into a same situation ?"
    I thought through about it then I realize the basic problem is
    DO I KNOW U O_O ?
    If I purchase a "mispriced" item by a friend then yeah, he/she want it back he/she can have it back. I am glad that I saved his/her ass
    cash shop.jpg
    To be honest, I will be surprised if this amount of Owl cannot find me some good deal about something. Someone will buy that 75att claw from the store eventually with a price at 179,999,999. Why can't be me gg ? Luckily it is me, not anyone can take this kind of bully from a lv200.
    I bought this with tears in my eyes (含泪收下了).
    capoo.gif

Do not be silent when bully come
    I was debating about saving the "Mispricer" some faces, but yeah this is good drama somehow uwu ("Trine" is a friend hehe).
    drama1.png
    Share me your thoughts ?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2024
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  2. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    10:14 AM
    Why not reply and talk to him? You could've resolved this a lot sooner if you would have talked to him at least.

3. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    U dont have to give it back
    His mistake

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. OP
    OP
    Lapulasi

Lapulasi Mano

Oct 16, 2021
    Male
    9:14 AM
    Xingan
    Bishop
    Heaven
    My bad "I decided not to reply him anymore cuz i made my point with him already"

5. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    Gotta take the W's when you get them. Just tell him that losers lose.

6. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    4:14 AM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Seems like skill issue on their part

• Great Work Great Work x 3
  7. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    4:14 PM
    From my perspective, the trade seems fair, conducted without manipulation and utilising the in-game trade/merchant system appropriately.

Reselling at a price close to the purchase is a matter of goodwill and not an obligation.

In my experience, I've acquired several mispriced items, and my general rule is that if the seller recognises the error within a day and communicates politely, I'll consider selling the items back to them at a slightly higher price than my initial purchase. However, if the seller seems to accept the situation without such communication, I feel free to proceed as I see fit without any sense of guilt.

There is also the scenario where the seller had no idea they underpriced their items, and in such cases, I often end up keeping the items.

If you feel uncomfortable from their continuous unfriendly communication even after telling them to stop, you could consider reporting them for harassment.

And lastly, owl is vote2win.
    owl.png

Last edited: Jan 13, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Aimerrhythm

Aimerrhythm Horny Mushroom

Feb 17, 2020
    Banan1ce
    Hero
    reply him《enjoy your maplelegends》

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  9. Rapi

Rapi Mano

Feb 14, 2022
    Rapi
    Shadower
    Transfer the trouble(claw) to me[​IMG]

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. jojo000

jojo000 Blue Snail

Jul 3, 2022
    Riro
    Buccaneer, Marksman
  11. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    This post reads more like you wanted to publicly flaunt finding the sale rather than ask if you were allowed to buy it. Are we sure the 200 is the bully here?

• Agree Agree x 21
    • Like Like x 1
  12. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
  13. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    1:14 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    There are two types of greed.

The first type of greed exists in people who recognize they have large ambitions, but they look for ways to achieve their goals by building up the world around them. They look to not only fill their own plate but as a byproduct of their constructive nature, they also help others fill theirs along the way.

The second type exists in people who only care to fill their own plate at whatever cost, even if it means taking from others.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Isn’t greed supposed to be selfish? I suppose after filling all the plates together, they kill off everyone else to take theirs for the first greed.

15. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    2:14 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Everytime I give an item back with a misprice it hurts a little. I bought a clean mapleshield awhile back for 40k meso when I was at my poorest. I think the person messaged me and gave me 3c in good faith to return it, not that I asked for it. Always sucks being so excited over a mispriced sale just for the seller to message asking for it back lol. I can't morally tell someone no if they realize their mistake quickly

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    1:14 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Sure, and in search of selfish gain, they realize that the more efficient path is to rely on mutually beneficial systems.

17. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    11:14 AM
    Endorphins
  18. oldkev

oldkev Mano

Sep 18, 2019
    Male
    oldkev
    Shadower
    Personally, I give back mispriced items if they ask for it. I would rather earn meso myself through scrolling/bossing/leeching/rolling than through the mistake of someone else.
    There is no right or wrong answer to these situations though since it's based on your own moral compass but OP's screenshot about the 1 meso thing rubs me the wrong way. Seems unnecessary IMO.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. ooShawnyoo

ooShawnyoo Dark Stone Golem

Sep 17, 2021
    Male
    Montreal
    Frenzied
    OnionCoffee

Last edited: Jan 15, 2024
  20. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    3:14 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    we need more of this on forums

it's a small server but maybe he took into account the small reputation hit for some meso. 10/10 content however so i would say worth

• Agree Agree x 2