1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf ulu1 spawn rate

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kirisame, Jan 21, 2024.

Should we nerf ulu1 spawn rate?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    20.9%
  2. No

34 vote(s)
    79.1%
  1. 8TEEN

8TEEN Chronos

Apr 28, 2020
    Female
    5:30 PM
    Macbeth, Viona, Torrie, Wilson
    Paladin, Bishop, Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    The official ML disc in #questions is exactly that chat group that you're describing, and our global Staff members are very responsive there too.
    You don't have to vote on multiple accounts or plan for HP washing early - the rate of efficiency you want to be in this game is by choice.
    And as Staff would like to say, HP washing is optional - you have hp quests that are currently implemented, as well as snowman PQ that is currently live in this event that helps you gain NX, and therefore APR.
    Multimaging is not a must, unless you want to be competent. And to be competent, you got to work for it - how do you plan achieve that when you're admitting to be lazy?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    Some people can't speak English very well, so we have a chat group in our native language.

Yes, playing unwashed in 2024 is a much better experience than before.
    I know people playing in a casual style, such as SpectreeSpectree.
    She did a great job sharing her experience playing MapleLegends and attracted many new players.
    https://space.bilibili.com/6904952

But most people still want higher potentials.

I'm neutral to my own suggestion.
    I was just wondering why in other servers (which they leave for), people don't do multi-mage farming.
    If the community agreed multi-mage farming is a healthy way to be competent, I can join you.

3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    2:30 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Other servers that fed into player demands of instant gratification have all failed.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    11:30 AM
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    I just wanna play with Diane and will do anything in my power for her to notice me

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. Whisp

Whisp Horny Mushroom

Jun 3, 2015
    4:30 AM
    I actually believe that multimaging in this server originally came from meta developments in Royals which is actually the biggest server and still is the meta in that server.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Sort of. It’s true that both will create some level of inequality, but looking at it from the lens of player retention, buffs are slightly preferable to nerfs. The population of new players is unlikely to grow if heavy nerfs are applied and new players feel discouraged that they can never progress to the level of old players, whereas buffs will make old players feel like their previous progress can be unfairly attained at a fraction of the work. The former will slowly lead to the death of the server as the influx of new players dies off, while the latter will only lead to the loss of some legacy players (which is inevitable over time anyways).

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Heretobedumb

Heretobedumb Blue Snail

Aug 4, 2022
    Male
    something
    Assassin
    I don't multi mage never have (while multi mage is def more efficient) it doesn't force everybody to make multi mages. You can make Mesos without a mage, so it doesn't "force everyone to create multi-mage setup" as you quoted. I make a fair amount of Mesos without a mage, it depends how much time you put in and how consistent you are

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  8. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    4:30 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
  9. CeloRox

CeloRox Slime

Jun 30, 2020
    Male
    5:30 AM
    Bishop, Buccaneer
    Hey, rush guy here,

I not only agree with you, but I believe they should take it a step further. Staff should make it so no mobs drop meso or items. And that every week, every player receives an allowance. Therefor everyone is equal and everything cost the same. That way **NO ONE** has to farm and **EVERYONE** can be strong

glad I could help

• Great Work Great Work x 13
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Zo0p

Zo0p Blue Snail

Feb 1, 2022
    Male
    Zo0p
    Beginner
    Funk
    bring back 100 cast with safe spots at tot :cigar:

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    better days

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. TermiteLover

TermiteLover Brown Teddy

Nov 8, 2021
    9:30 PM
    Guildless
    To be fair, this does sound a little bit like "limited-knowledge" people pushing their ideas on others. Having interacted with a few of the "sweaties" and end-game players, most do not recommend going this path to start out. The main advice they always give is just to vote on a few accts, in case you decided to turn the nostalgic fun into a long-term investment. I think the general consensus is, you don't need to Multi-mage to progress, but it will accelerate your progression for those that are interested in it or enjoy that kind of thing

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. zqin1

zqin1 King Slime

Oct 15, 2017
    I/L Wizard
    He is not “lazy“ , he only wants to ban this multi mages method to make mesoes because he already got high att end game gears to boss coins. Why a guy can boss are pushing to ban mesoes farming?(btw mostly other highmeso farming maps are mostly banned before) Now,use our brain to deep think his evil idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. zqin1

zqin1 King Slime

Oct 15, 2017
    I/L Wizard
    I don’t get it . Ur ideology is fully chaos. There is no one pushing new players to make multimages. Why ppl making mages to farm because they find this is a good method to earn mesoes. This a free world game ppl are free to find a way to farm. Why we should ban something to limit the freedom? We need to push ppl have a way to make money and buy or creat gears end to the bossing level. I think it is unfair for newcomers because this multimages farming way can benefits em and they are doing this for getting gears for bossing which old players already got. I do think old players no need to do mages farming because they can get more benefits from the boss, so can we say “we should nerf boss farming”? If no , you deny ur ownidea of unfair. If yes, so multi mages should be nerf and at the same time nerf bossing that is not ur wish becasue you can benefit from boss. So in conclusion, you just wanna benefit yourself and wish to harm others, there is not relation to new or old players.

15. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    There's no need for assumptions, shaming and personal attacks. We just understand things differently due to upbringing and culture, so let's help correct the misunderstandings so we all can learn. If they do not accept, despite clear evidence against their beliefs, then we'll just ignore and move on… or poop on them just a little bit.

It's not ideal to shame people for their honest mistakes, as it discourages them from speaking out about issues in the future, which could impact all of us as we might miss something important leading to undesirable outcomes.

There is a phenomenon often referred to as “expert blind spot” or “curse of knowledge.” It occurs when individuals with extensive experience or expertise find it challenging to comprehend the difficulties faced by those with less experience or knowledge in a particular domain. There are reasons for new players to have struggles that we may have forgotten.

If everyone can contribute useful information from their experiences, we could get a fuller picture of the situation.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    My point is, multi-mage causes inflation.
    From the calculation I showed above, you are getting 1.5x mesos as before, but 1.5x mesos still trades for 1x items due to the inflation.
    Inflation is actually making bossing easier because cheaper NLC pots and cheaper meso guards for shadowers. (Yes it benifits me)
    But for a new player who's grinding at somewhere like GS2, his income becomes less valuable due to inflation, unless he pulls some endgame items from gacha.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    Funny

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    While multi-mage is making new players to earn more mesos, mesos itself become less valuable in the same time.
    I used coin price to demonstrate, but other bossing gears is about the same.
    Today, 15 att gloves is more than 1b. In 2021 it's much cheaper (around 500m?).

Last edited: Jan 22, 2024
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    If multi-mage has already caused inflation in the first place, a new player has to will be recommended to make a multi-mage setup to battle against inflation.
    This is what I mean "forced".
    Yes there are other ways to make mesos. But multi-mage sounds like the more efficient way.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2024
  20. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    6:30 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Just because a strategy is faster doesn't mean you can't follow your own ninja path, there are several journals that show "n" farming alternatives