1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf ulu1 spawn rate

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kirisame, Jan 21, 2024.

Should we nerf ulu1 spawn rate?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    20.9%
  2. No

34 vote(s)
    79.1%
  1. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    12:58 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    what inflation? this one?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Heretobedumb

Heretobedumb Blue Snail

Aug 4, 2022
    Male
    10:58 AM
    something
    Assassin
    It's not forced though; I never farm with a mage, and I have made perf gear without a mage? So, no you don't need a mage or multi mages for anything. So, you should probably stop using "has" to make a multi mage set up because you really do not lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    1:58 AM
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    My apologies, I have changed the wording.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    This has less to do with inflation than it does with supply/demand. The meso inflation rate on the server is demonstratably lower than 30%+ per year as you're implying by the price of 15 wa gloves. The issue is that as the server ages, more and more player start competing for higher tier equipment, while the availability scales at a slower rate (demand increases faster than supply) driving the cost up.

5. OP
    OP
    Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

The price of an item = The time required to create that item = The amout of currency a player can make in same amout of time.

This equation sets the base value of an item. Supply and demands only shift the result.

EDIT:
    But certain items are only obtainable from gacha / exchange quests, which is also farming.
    Design more ways to get gacha exclusive items then?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2024
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Correct, supply and demand can shift the result. If multiple players are attempting to create 15 wa gloves, then they're competing for BWG/YM and GFA30s, driving up the price, and therefore time to create, for those materials as well as the finished product.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    Game economy is not same as real world economy.

In real world, printing money is effortless, but it's controlled by the government.
    Inflation is reflected by the total amount of currency circulating around the system.

In a game, printing currency (mesos) takes time, and it's something everyone can do.
    Inflation is reflected by the speed of how fast a best player can print currency.

Let's say if people can make 100m / hour now, P.Coin still yields at 8 coins / hour.
    P.Coin price will be 12.5m immediately, not matter how much meso is existing in the game.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    12:58 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    in the real world, money printing isn't necessarily controlled by the government
    inflation is a monetary phenomenon if demand doesn't change

in game money printing isn't necessarily controlled by staff
    inflation is still a monetary phenomenon if demand doesn't change

the only difference between 2021 and now is more people want those 15 wa gloves relative to what's available and prices are one way to ration. you may also have forgotten also that in 2021 it was much harder to make mesos/ws which is also reflected in prices.

when i started in 2017, 12 wa gloves were 60m and ws was about 120m. if we value ws at 330m today, that 12 wa glove would be worth 165m. things are much cheaper today.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    Thanks everyone replying. I've got enough feedbacks.
    I'm thinking of a way to make most people happy.
    Will make another post when ready.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Rapi

Rapi Mano

Feb 14, 2022
    Rapi
    Shadower
    new players always set the “end-game” as their goal and only exit when they find it difficult to achieve.
    other players have accumulated 3-5 years of equip, and new players naively think they can quickly complete it like eating fast food.

11. T2Smile

T2Smile Pink Teddy

Sep 24, 2023
    6:58 PM
    With current multi-client meta, any suggestion on aiming nerfing/lowering the multi-X setups hourly income is debatable, and will very likely not be pushed further unless statisticly one method to grind earns significantly more than any other method.

And if you take a look on forum you will notice threads like yours were posting from time to time.
    The core issue I think is not any multi-X setup in particular but the player group "I like multi-client meta" vs "I don't like multi-client meta".

By the way, what's the expected outcome for the finale after nerfing ulu1, or even nerfing a series of maps?
    Futhermore, why nerf multi-client map farming instead of multi-client bossing?

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. OP
    OP
    Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    Yes the real problem is about multi-clienting not multi-maging.
    I remember there are days we tried to forbid multi-client bossing in MapleLegends, but it has been proven failed.
    My argue is not about "I don't like multi-clienting", but "multi-clienting is making new players harder to catch up, therefore less new players join this game".

The other server, although they don't do multi-maging, they do multi-client bossing heavily.

13. T2Smile

T2Smile Pink Teddy

Sep 24, 2023
    I think there are some questions need to be discussed:
    1. Is it true that new players harder to catch up?
    2. Is multi-clienting making new players harder to catch up?
    3. Is it necessary to nerf/buff something to make new player to catch up?
    Well, based on the discussion in this thread, I personally believe new players now will have a relative easier time to achieve the same goal than before, for example Gen30 book much cheaper and etc. Take a deeper look at this, it is because there is more end game content being added to the server with higher EV for the those high end boss output, and more "old players" move past the stage that they need Gen30 and other stuff, the number of players that able to generate Gen30 from system is larger than before. That being said, new players are more likely take less effort to reach the exact same progress as old player did, my answer to q1 is "NO".

For q2, my answer unfortunately is still "No", because it is not something new players unable to achieve. It is like any progress in your single character, that you need to plan carefully and spent effort. And even you join the server much later than others, you can still benefit from it.
    Maybe let's imagine if all of a sudden the multi-client is banned and no one is able to do multi-client, is it easier for new players to make their own progess? I imgine if I were a new player, I would think "all of old players benefits from multi-client then I can not do that", therefore it's harder for me to progess.

For q3, why should new player easier to "catch up" considering this is a 100% PVE game? In other words, why should old players effort should be devalued considering there is no constantly new progress or new content being added to the server in short-term? Currently you can quit months even years and came back with all your assets still values as much as before, do we want to change this?

Setting goals is personal. Maybe I'm wrong about all above, still I doubt will there be that much new players quit due to a feeling that they can not enjoy the most optimal gameplay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Personally, I believe that multi-client farming by older players has significantly benefited newer players. This is evident in the availability of cheaper byproducts generated by players attempting to scroll higher-tier items. For example, while individuals are trying to scroll for a 14wa gloves, many 8-10wa gloves are produced in the process, which are sold at very affordable prices—allowing new players to acquire them early in the game.

Skillbooks such as Gen20/30 and MW20 have also become much more affordable compared to 5-6 years ago, largely due to increased boss runs facilitated by multi-client muling and smaller parties as players have become stronger faster, partially thanks to multi-client farming.

If anything, these dynamics aid newer players in quickly catching up to establish their own farming setups, especially if they wish to, given the affordability of low to mid-tier items. This makes the creation of farming characters relatively easier, as they don't necessarily require high-end gears to be efficient at farming.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    Yes I was thinking of a way just like APQ and Event PQ.
    To give new player more access to end game materials (apples, 30% scrolls, p.coins),
    which they can trade with old players for mesos to fund themself (gears, leech buying).
    Encourage active playing instead of mule, to prevent this system to be abused.

I will answer question 3 first:

3. Why should new player easier to "catch up"?

People come and go, old players need new players to party with.
    So I wish new players can catch up my progress no harder than I did.

1. Is it true that new players harder to catch up?

In some cases, for example:
    • 13-15 wa gloves are more expensive than before.
    • 71-76 wa red cravens are more expensive than before.
    Supply and demand are also playing an important role here.

2. Is multi-clienting making new players harder to catch up?

People who do multi-clienting are also buying BWG/YM and 30% scrolls.
    They pushes the price higher because can farm mesos much more efficiently.
    So multi-clienting is making new players who do not multi-client harder to catch up.
    That's why we are recommending new players to multi-client. Of course this discourages many people.

16. T2Smile

T2Smile Pink Teddy

Sep 24, 2023
    I guess then we should define what is new player. When a player needs 30% to upgrade the gear, or in your example he/she needs 13-15wa gloves and 71-76 wa red cravens, is he/she still a new player?

If the "new player" refers to players relatively newer to the server, it is inevitable their progress curve is different with older player's, because back in time there were more players at early/mid stage, with time goes they move to mid/end game stage, their demands swift to end game gears which leads to market price changing. That's the main factor.

In my opinion the newer players will have an easier early game than old players did, but as their progess being close to the majority of players, their demands on the market overclap more, they will find it harder to make their progress than former. Anyway, this has nothing to do with multi-client meta, because at that time, these new players should be able to do multi-client as any other players. It's not something exclusive to old players.

I don't think it is multi-client to blame. Consideirng in your OP you suggest to nerf ulu1, you probably knew that ulu1 generate quite a lot red cravens. Then why the red craven price goes up instead of goes down?
    I can only conclude that multi-client does not take that much effect on the whole market.

17. umaga

umaga Orange Mushroom

Sep 10, 2019
    1:58 PM
    Vivid
    The topic of Ulu1 spawn and the prevalent use of multi-mage farming has been a subject of intense debate. It's clear that this method has significant implications on the game's economy and the playing field for new and existing players. However, I believe that simply nerfing Ulu1 spawn might not be the most effective solution. Here’s why:

1. Economic Inflation: Indeed, multi-mage farming has led to inflation, where the meso's value decreases as more of it enters the game. However, nerfing Ulu1 spawn may not effectively address the root cause of inflation. Inflation can be tackled through other economic adjustments and game mechanics that stabilize the economy without directly impacting specific farming methods.

2. Barrier for New Players: The necessity for new players to set up multi-mage infrastructures to stay competitive is a concern. Yet, nerfing the spawn rate in Ulu1 might not level the playing field as intended. Instead, it could harm players who have invested time and resources in this method without providing an alternative means for effective farming or progression.

3. Reward for Innovation: The player(s) who discovered this farming method have indeed been rewarded for their ingenuity. While this method has become widespread, punishing players for using an effective strategy discovered within the game's existing mechanics seems counterintuitive. It may discourage players from exploring and utilizing creative strategies in the future.

4. Impact on Recently Established Setups: For those who have recently invested in multi-mage setups, a sudden nerf could mean significant losses. It's essential to consider the time and resources players have put into these methods. A sudden change could be seen as unfair and may dissuade players from investing in long-term strategies.
    Alternative Solutions:

• Gradual Changes: If adjustments are necessary, implementing them gradually would give players time to adapt. This approach minimizes disruption and respects the investments players have made.

• Economic Balancing: Instead of targeting specific farming methods, broader economic adjustments could be more effective. This might include introducing meso sinks or adjusting the rewards and challenges of other farming methods to make them more competitive.

• Encouraging Diverse Playstyles: Providing incentives for different styles of play can balance the game. Introducing new quests, events, or farming methods that offer competitive rewards could diversify the game's economy and reduce reliance on a single farming method.
    In conclusion, while the concerns about Ulu1 spawn and multi-mage farming are valid, a direct nerf may not be the most effective or fair approach. We should aim for solutions that respect the time and effort players have invested, address the broader economic issues, and encourage a variety of playstyles.

Thank you for considering this perspective, and I look forward to further constructive discussions on this topic.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    Although I multi-mage I still voiced my concerns and advocated against it because it is the advantage that any player can use. (more so for older players)

what's my problem with multi-mage??? I have no issue with it personally.
    My ire comes from not being able to play as much as other players do therefore, I do not play often. sometimes I skip out months of playing because eh, the effort I can put into the game compared to those who can play every day is (in my eyes) unfair.

haha... so admitly it's because people can multi-mage more than me and put more time into funding their characters that makes me envious. (NOT IN A HEALTHY WAY)
    so when I think about playing, I kind of ask myself, what's the point... everyone is way ahead of me these days. my good days were 2020 and before.
    so yeah the truth is, I like using multi-mate, I simply hate WHEN others are using this farming method~
    AND....I'm not a hypocrite

Last edited: Jan 23, 2024
  19. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    11:58 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Not when they consistently favour old players

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    just blame Shiveling or whatever his name was.
    Also, the conspiracy of a handful of people to take me down is awful
    I used to love playing this server but when a few people get the whole community and some staff members against you (and imposing so many systematic changes, etc) it isn't fun anymore.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2024