1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Economy Changes to Diversify Play Styles

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kirisame, Jan 23, 2024.

1. mjk

mjk Master Chronos

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    12:04 AM
    MattNL
    Night Lord
    Pasta
    Ugh another MAGE strat? sigh Can we just delete mages already?

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. OP
    OP
    Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    3:04 PM
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    I'm not talking about myself. I was inviting people to join this server, but they said no after they learned something about the meta.

In this case our competitor is not R****s but some new servers like K****n.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2024
  3. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Unfortunately, some information out there is outdated, and precise numbers on the current meta may not be fully laid out. However, there might be hints and bits of info here and there. In the end, it's up to the players to explore themselves to truly know the numbers, and mileage may differ from player to player based on their playstyle, motivation and social credits.

4. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    step 1: make a pally
    step 2: wash a bucc
    step 3: get rich

5. OP
    OP
    Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    Yes this is another way we are recommending to new players.
    Although we include a step 0: make a bishop

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    add 100% clean slate, if used, recover 1 slot.
    (tradeable, ultra rare gachapon item) more rare then yellow rare line.
    (green line)

7. RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    just remove ulu 1 map, and limit 3 windows to be opened.
    3 windows, bare minimum because some new players start off with mages without washing to sell leech or self leech.
    sooo (1 mage, 1 hb mule, 1 hs mule)
    or (1 bishop, 1 hb mule, main)
    yes, 3 windows is enough.

8. Aimerrhythm

Aimerrhythm Horny Mushroom

Feb 17, 2020
    Banan1ce
    Hero
    how much will that worth?

9. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    1:04 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Sure with a 17x arch mage come on now Isaac

Edit, you said single client non mage. Does 10x APQ mules count?

10. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    This is assuming the bt actuslly cares enough. Not to throw spears but most of them are nice and cozy sitting on their own multiclient farms or coin reserves. Why would they nerf something they're completely content with?

11. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    2:04 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    just kill rextons or something
    shadowers on high end of that spectrum, everything else likely on lower end

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    New players shouldn't be concerned with the meta - they should be looking at content that is accessible to them - all of which are pretty cushy.

You can earn close to 5m/hr just by grinding on your low level characters up to 4th job (hell, I was doing this on my Osslock characters without access to NPC pots), and then you can progress for late game by banking earning prestigious coins throuhg bossing content. Grinding will still be the favorable way to earn mesos and progressing in levels. Bossing is more a conversion of time, effort, and pots for exp and coins.

Ironically, the recent cries for more and more nerfs to things like mage farming, ws/cs from gacha will actually impact the new player experience more than established players because established players have way more flexibility and can adapt to changes. New players are restricted by a fairly straight and narrow path and won't have immediate access to 'meta' potential until after reaching a certain point of the game (higher levels, character infrastructure, social base).

Old/established players aren't the ones telling new players they need to make bishops as their first character so that they can leech 5 future attackers. I'd take a guess that this kind of misinformed talk circulates mostly in lower level guilds as they complain about being oppressed.

Cares enough about what? Single client play? Casual play? What exactly are you trying to get buffed or nerfed?
    IMO, the balance team has been extremely responsive and on top of their shit over the past year or so. Look at the immediate turn around for CWK bonus stage.

So much ungratefulness from the vocal minority.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    4:04 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    In my opinion, most people read something and put the cart before the horse, when I started here, several people gave me these goal tips

Yes, there is no way to be a rebel and say that it doesn't work, because meritocracy exists here
    but I managed to level my char from 1-200 without leech, and farm without using mages or multi client (ok, on 19x I had my SI mule)

You don't need to be a mathematician to know that the more clients, the more you farm, but that doesn't stop you from having other strategies and still being competitive

IMG-20240124-WA0000.jpg

you can see something fantastic done by a ranged starting from scratch, without multi client in the spencil2spencil2 journal

• Great Work Great Work x 6
  14. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    I think it came off more abrasive/accusing than I really intended. Not my intention.

It's moreso the inherent balance issues have been a large focal point since I even joined the server (And before then looking farther into dead forums) but the balancing done is subject to what the BT deems an issue. So if they haven't done anything yet, I somewhat doubt they see an issue, thus nothing will change from a "outsiders" viewpoint.

The changes they did with recent patches were ofc welcomed since they actually increased accesibility to newer players with less infrastructure

Edit: for clarity Im not for nor against the suggestion. Somewhere in the middle where I see pros and cons to each side.

15. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Have you considered the possibility that BT is in the right for not taking action on concerns brought up by new players?
    Progression for a new player today is much faster than before because of the Balance Team, and I think overall, their impact has been positive for the server. They get no reward for their work, and they only get flamed for anything that they do.

Honestly, end game players and balance team members are pretty similar - we're all in the same boat and we all want to see this server succeed. Getting called out for sitting in our ivory towers is not only annoying but it's also false. We're invested in the server doing well, and that includes protecting the server from falling to the whims and demands of new players who haven't even played through enough content to understand what they're asking for.

16. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Not all suggestions are obscene or game breaking. Some of the posts I've seen come and go are very very minor tweaks for huge QoL/gameplay improvements, but they either don't catch traction, or end up shitposted into oblivion.

If a new player plays so much of the content that they understand the game, then they aren't exactly new players anymore. Thus we are back into the endless cycle where new player gameplay sucks >> build infrastructure for months to establish yourself >> overcome new player gameplay >> end game player where new player gameplay no longer matters.

Its an interesting dynamic but to simply say (as many others have I'm not @ing you) there is no issues because you can bonk xx mob for 5m/hour isn't a means to say the game is properly balanced.

At this point it'd be nice to atleast see QoL changes to new player farming instead of flat out buffs so if you farm x mob it isnt insufferable grinding while you do it. (Some of this has been done with added teleporters to maps)

17. Karn

Karn Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    4:04 AM
    Karn, Fayden
    Buccaneer
    Favela
    They can afford it already because of the value of the Eye of Fire they get from the prequest;

Why do they need to afford more leech? They're likely able to afford some if actually grinded those lvls on decent maps but it's not like leech is required

As said before lvl 50 players can already afford zhelms and lvl 150 player can already do many content that rewards prestigious coins on the current server state

Prestigious coins fixed boss runs not being profitable (from early to end game content);
    HP challenges aims to help new players to not require wash so they can actually play their first character;

What do you think that has to be fixed exactly?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    only problem to that is gen30 is at 100m and mw20 at 500m at time of writing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Tbh I think this is just a good example of how far side effects of changes can reach. Snowman PQ combined with newly revamped CWKPQ means nobody is running HT anymore.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    3:04 AM
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious