1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

New Leaf Progress and Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skuire, Apr 2, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    8:13 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    [​IMG]
    To join or find out more, click here!

New Leaf Progress and Discussion Thread
    I've created this thread separately from the main challenge thread to open up discussion to the public and to share shorter, more frequent updates on what's happening in NL. Any New Leaf members are also invited to share their own thoughts, journals, and achievements here!

New Leaf Update
    The series of newsletter-style updates I wrote for New Leaf are available to read below:

Issue 1
    Issue 2 (Pt1)
    Issue 2 (Pt2)
    Issue 3

New updates posted in this thread will follow a similar format, but will be shorter and generally more frequent, beginning in the next post!

• Great Work Great Work x 4
  2. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    [​IMG]
    4/1/2024

Zakum Obliterated
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It pleases me greatly to announce that New Leaf has officially defeated Zakum!

[​IMG]

We all came together for two successful runs (17man and 14man) this past Saturday. For some players, this was their first Zakum run EVER. For others, it might have been their 300th! New and experienced alike, a HUGE shoutout to everyone for coming, and see you next run! SlimeCool

[​IMG]

Great (4th) Job
    Let's take a moment to pay respects to these strong and handsome players for making it all the way to LEVEL 120. The 3rd job grind is never easy, and if you disagree, first read >THIS< post, then go try and grind any class other than FP from 100-120. In a world without 24/7 leech service, these 20 levels are an absolute hell that I wouldn't wish on anyone. Only the strong survive. Kudos to all of you!

[​IMG]
    "The One-Eyed Wonder"

[​IMG]
    "The Main Character"

[​IMG]
    "Beon"

[​IMG]
    "The Beon At Home"

[​IMG]
    "The No. 1 Ski Destroyer"

[​IMG]
    "The 'I Have Like 5 Characters But Still Got Corsair to 120' Guy"

[​IMG]
    "FP So It Doesn't Count"

[​IMG]
    "The Cool Barrel Dude"

#ComeToNewLeaf
    Now is an EXCELLENT time to join New Leaf. Not only do we have a bunch of new players just starting out, but many dedicated players are in the process of creating new alts and leveling them up. Come join the fun!

[​IMG]

If you're looking to join but not sure what class to create, you can't possibly go wrong with a Dragon Knight or a Priest. Seriously, these are the two most essential classes for bossing and each of them is damn good in their own right. You'll have my support with whatever character you choose, but with either of these classes you'll have my POGGERS too!

What's Next?
    It won't be easy, and truthfully I never thought for a second that we had a chance of making it this far, but...

[​IMG]

IF WE ALL WORK TOGETHER
    I THINK WE CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN!

OnionCheer

Last edited: Apr 2, 2024
    • Great Work Great Work x 13
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    11:13 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    you mates are pog af!

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    7:13 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Just want to spend a bit of time plugging New Leaf a bit more (if you aren't convinced already from Sku's posts).

Ironman projects like these often get a bad rap for not having a leg to stand on because - let's be honest - they're usually catered to a very specific crowd of 'purist' players, and all the rules and conditions are designed to curate some contrived experience of what they think is 'the best version' of Maple.

New Leaf is different.

It's a space for new and old players alike to experience a retro-2018 version of the MapleLegends community with all the bells and whistles of modern Legends. Much of the current end-game population started in this server back in 2020 with the COVID boom, so they never really had a chance to experience what MapleLegends was like during the exploration phase. By the time they'd joined, everything had been 'solved' and content was sorted into very set pathways.

Don't miss out on this unique opportunity to explore this game with a completely brand new perspective alongside a super close-knit community. If you're on the fence, just join the Discord and you'll see how much work Sku's putting in behind the scenes. And if that doesn't convince you, your mom's a ho.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. TTKirnk

TTKirnk Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Nov 26, 2017
    Male
    10:13 PM
    TTKirnk
    Buccaneer
    Carnival
    ironman? more like BASED PEOPLE amiright?

• Friendly Friendly x 5
  6. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    10:13 AM
  7. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    4:13 AM
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    Agreed. I would say it’s close to the Legends beta experience, with the polished state of current Legends. It’s a small community where people share, interact and want everyone to be part of big and small guild events, even if their contribution is little.

A good example is Zakum, all players were encouraged to come, no matter their class or level, Gold Teeth were farmed for the players had a hard time doing it themselves (or just weren’t nearby when the run was close to starting) and were treated equally with how loot was distributed.

The rules and restrictions are very self-evident for people who aren’t part of the purists as you said, which imo wasn’t the case of previous ironman projects. Their rules are usually more artificial, with regions being locked out and having exceptions within the already somewhat complex rules. I have enjoyed every single one of those projects too, but they obviously aren’t for everyone.

New Leaf can all pretty much be summed up by “Pretend the players outside of the guild dont exist and use one client”, with the only exception being social interaction (yes you are allowed to speak with people outside of New Leaf :eek:).

Everyone and every class is welcome. Wanna be extra extra useful? As mentioned Dark Knight and Bishop is always a good choice. :cool::thumbsup:

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    JeanLeaf
    Beginner
    NewLeaf
    is feel great to be new member of new leaf but as non ironman because how kind people welcome me to the group. so thanks for those who welcome me to the group

• Friendly Friendly x 7
  9. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    4:13 AM
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow

Full 1st Zakum run :cool:

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Sprawl

Sprawl Horny Mushroom

Nov 16, 2020
    5:13 AM
    All play styles are welcome ! no one will exclude you from any content for any reason. Washing for example, truly feels optional MapleF17

Also worth noting, getting gear is not very hard since the purchasing power you have as a new player isn’t significantly lower than the top players’ MapleF11

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  11. creative

creative Mr. Anchor

Nov 2, 2019
    Male
    I've enjoyed my time playing as both an i/L and a Fighter. However, my Fighter will be my main character for sure. I've done more quests on this character than my characters that aren't even apart of this. I would say my goals for the Fighter (and even the i/L if I feel like it) would be to fight most bosses that I haven't killed before, like Zakum/HT/etc. since I've never done it in my Maple career. Everyone is always nice and active, and everyone is usually helping out the new players in someway or another.

Would I suggest you to play this? Sure, but take your time and enjoy playing. Don't focus on trying too hard and just enjoy it.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  12. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    It's truly a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Like those who said it previously in this thread, it feels like a new server experience (except for having to fight over area bosses) and definitely a fresh experience.

I smega a lot about NewLeaf pulling yellow lines. But let's be real, how many hours of playtime has it been since you felt like you've upgraded gear? For a lot of players on the higher end side it means praying to pass that one WS10 after hundreds of hours of grinding.

In NewLeaf, progression feels good and the meta is still being pushed. It's nice now that there are people higher levels to help you do things, a very active community, and people just being nice in general. The great part is, you don't have to give up normal ML, you can just try it out, and if it really doesn't fit your taste then you can just go back to octo-maging.

(Also R> IL mage, I need mage summon pls)

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    [​IMG]

Yo! Been quite busy lately, but just throwing up a bump. Hope to do some writing here soon.
    #ComeToNewLeaf!

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    [​IMG]

Hey, mini stream of consciousness update now that I've got a chance.

Firstly, HUGE shoutouts to all our active and dedicated members for holding things down in NewLeaf while I've been semi-MIA. You guys are so pog. I'm glad to have had a hand in shaping a guild solid enough to keep running smoothly even when I'm away.

It would be super neat to get to the point where we can run Zak consistently. It's great for EXP, the loot is OK, and it's a nice place just to come together and shoot the breeze. We actually did do a ~6 man zak run the other day that cleared in a surprisingly reasonable time. But the drops.....

[​IMG]
    (try to find the hidden zak helm in this picture)

THERE IS NONE.

So yeah! Crap runs aside, the bossing scene is looking promising. I'm not the hugest fan of Bishops, but I think I'm gonna focus on leveling my Priest in order to facilitate more runs and more team progress in general.

OK, gotta get to bed now. As always, updates Soon™

Tired of dealing with a garbage economy? Burnt out by multi-client meta? Want a truly fresh experience?
    #ComeToNewLeaf

Last edited: Apr 25, 2024
    • Great Work Great Work x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1