1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

A way to revitalize the economy

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xRuru, Jun 1, 2023.

1. xRuru

xRuru Slime

Nov 2, 2020
    Male
    3:02 PM
    xRuru
    Corsair
    Neverland
    Or maybe completely run it into the ground. I don’t know I’m not an economist :pepelaugh:

There’s been several threads lately regarding the stagnation of the economy. Most of them negative, or for venting, or for memeing and all with speculation about what could/should be done about the state of the ML economy. It’s no longer 2020, the highs of the pandemic player count are long gone and the server population is mainly left with its dedicated players and a few new ones here and there. Some of the players are so established in fact, that a lot of people worry that a small handful of them almost single handedly control the entire hand of the ML market. After all there is no invisible hand pulling strings if you have a dozen people supplying the entire game’s scroll/gach items via 6 DK roar farms a piece. That’s where this idea comes in. I’m not sure that it’s unique, but I don’t know that I’ve seen it posted before.

The prestige shop currently sells two things: chaos scrolls and white scrolls.

Prestige coins currently do a few things: Add guaranteed value to boss runs, add a way for players to work towards cs and ws without farming gach tickets, and tax evasion.

The prestige shop already exists, why not add more items to it? With a lower server population it isn’t hard for one person to monopolize the entire available quantity of some scrolls or items. If there were more items you could exchange with the prestige shop (item in pouch out + coin in item out) this could curb or completely solve that issue. Common gach items such as: skis, psb, ele wands, raccoon masks, work gloves, PaCs, etc. could all be added to the chest for varying coin counts based on their perceived value, maybe lock their stats to average (like every other NPC purchases equipment) to still incentivize acquiring them in the traditional way. More scrolls could be added: all weapon 30s, popular armor 30s, popular glove/shoe 30s, shield 30s etc.

Allowing users to generate more coins could come with its own set of issues, but it would allow the more casual player easier access to some of the specific types of item or scrolls that they need, and who wouldn’t want to turn their 1hbw att 30 into a coin to buy the bow att 30 they actually need? If something like this were implemented it may actually be feasible to remove cs/ws from gach because as it stands they generate the majority of the coins on the server.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
  2. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    2:02 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    now this will boost prices of coins and crystalize further the few at the top

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    prestigifiy

4. OP
    OP
    xRuru

xRuru Slime

Nov 2, 2020
    Male
    xRuru
    Corsair
    Neverland
    Barring a server wipe, I think any changes are going to help the top % of players. It probably would drive up the value of coins, but it would also make getting coins faster for the average person.

5. Lucidcat

Lucidcat Mixed Golem

May 14, 2021
    4:02 AM
    All economic problems are results of the low rate, the ground of this server.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    12:02 PM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Honestly I do feel like a lot of the problem is lack of new players, back during the COVID boom chaos scrolls dipped to 60mil at one point because of all the new players trying to offload them.

The Legends economy is just comprised of older, dedicated players and there just isn't a large enough influx of players to support the price of Gen20/Gen30 for example. Many of the playerbase are older, there's a limit to how many people are interested in an old school private server as time goes on. :p

Personally I think to revitalize the economy it would be great to run some ad campaigns on Instagram / TikTok / reddit or something to try to incentivize new players to join and stay. It's just difficult because Kekson lawyers and stuff, but yeah.

• Agree Agree x 7
  7. Shinvalor

Shinvalor Blue Snail

May 22, 2023
    Female
    Shin
    Warrior
    it's hard out there for new players

• Agree Agree x 1