1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Buccaneer - ST and Energy Orb & more

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lynx, Jun 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.
  1. Lynx

Lynx Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    10:51 AM
    Beginner
    Hello my fellow Pirates!
    I would like to make some suggestions regarding Super Transformation and Energy Orb (The 4th job skill, NOT Energy charge/Blast from 3rd).

My main suggestion is to make Energy Orb useable during Super Transformation. Why?

*Currently while using Super Transformation we are "limited" to using Demolition & Snatch and (only available during ST), as well as the Energy related skills from 3rd job - Energy BLAST & Energy DRAIN.

* We cannot use Dragon Strike, which limits our Mobbing to Energy Blast (3rd job skill) and Snatch - which cannot be used while jumping (I don't mention shockwave since its just bad - but it looks AMAZING).

* We also CANNOT use Cork punch OR backspin - which further limits our movement when mobbing.

*Energy Orb is considered quite a 'meme' skill and Buccaneers being extremely SP hungry (we cannot even max everything by 200) Energy Orb is maxed EARLIEST at 1evel 190(!!)

*Energy Orb is also an Energy related skill,similar to 3rd job Energy Blast and Energy Drain (meaning we can only used it when fully charged), so it would make sense for Energy Orb to also be useable during ST, along with the other Energy related skills.

*From personal experience it often feels too restricting to use ST when grinding.

THEREFOR:
    *I think it is more than justified to make Energy Orb useable during Super Transformation, this will give us another mobbing skill along with Snatch.

* Energy Orb is useable while jumping (UNLIKE snatch) which will allow us to move more freely and have a more engaging mobbing experience

**Some extra QoL**
    - Energy drain cast speed is halved during Transformation (and Super)
    - MP Recovery (2nd job) is also not useable during Transformation (and Super)

* I don't know if there's any balancing reasons behind these, but both would be nice Quality of life changes for us Buccaneers: I think it would be worth to consider making Energy Drain at it's normal speed, and MP Recovery useable during Transformations>

Let me know what you think

**EDIT**
    I want to summarize some valueable points that were mentioned here:

* For people suggesting more skills to be used during Transformations (Dragon strike,Corkscrew..) - As I've mentioned earlier,
    I think it is a very interesting design to NOT have every skill useable during ST, and taking that away would be a shame.
    I mentioned above why I think Energy Orb should be useable during ST.

*I do NOT think we need nor should buff Dragon strike or Snatch in any way, as they are already extremely good skills. Buffing things that are already
    very good is not a good idea for many reasons.

Suggestions that were mentioned in the comments that I do think could be considered (along with the initial ones) :
    * Decrease Energy Orb max lvl to 20 - This to allow us to max more skills by 200, as well as a "QoL" buff to the skill itself.
    * Consider a slight performance buff to Energy Orb - imo speeding up the cast a bit would be a good way to go about it.
    * Make snatch useable while jumping - this to make up for the frustrating lack of mobility during ST,as mentioned above, similar to one of the reasons why I suggested Energy Orb to be useable during ST

Also thanks everyone for all the comments !

• Agree Agree x 8
Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.