1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Character visibility

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Northfell, Nov 16, 2023.

1. Northfell

Northfell Red Snail

May 15, 2020
    Male
    9:56 PM
    Northfell
    Hi,

One of my pet peeves for a while has been character visiblility in instances. It feels weird to not be able to see your own character in an RPG. Especially in one where platforming and positioning is a major part of the game.

Some say it adds to the difficulty, which is true, but unfortunately not in a skill challenging way. It seems to be random upon other players NX/skillcasts? Chalkboarding is of course an option but that feels like duct-taping the problem.

Is there a way to enable your own character to be visible at all times?

Example of it happening:[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 6
  2. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    3:56 PM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    People employ various tricks. From character name tags, to attaching phrases to your buff macros. But, in all I agree, it can be a challenge especially in busier bosses... and I'm not sure there's a perfect solution.

3. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    Harlez
    I/L Wizard, Shadower, Brawler, Outlaw
    Galaxy
    Recognizing your hitmarkers when at the very limits of your range or melee hitboxes to confirm attacks among everyone else's in large expeditions too can require absolute eagle eyedness (ie nating pb body, ariel, ht la). To almost play devil's advocate though, if it wasn't at its greatest relevance in the small handful of already not spoonfed content, the challenge would practically be a benefit to gameplay overall. I fully expect however that client mods to ease this struggle have been in the works ins some way since not long after pb released. Has there been any comment by staff in other threads along these lines?

4. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    I feel like the easy "solution" is just a z-index (as per web dev) problem, where you character, damage, and effects should always be on top of other's.

• Like Like x 1
  5. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    4:56 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    uae the rose ring from donation shop helped me, also, some shout macro too

6. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    If everybody relies on adding more visual clutter to see themselves behind visual clutter, then we're no better off than we started.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1