1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comprehensive Gashapon Redistribution List

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Lionheart, May 9, 2015.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    1:24 PM
    Moderator Post
    What would be example a thing for people that didn't play for x period get like less Cash than an active user? Would that help regarding your concern?

2. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    5:24 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    lol yeah, I dunno what happened. In fact, I kinda forgot what the sentence was supposed to be, so I just made a new one. xD

I think that is an interesting idea. Although it does make me wonder. Why would someone be voting for the server and not playing? And let's suppose someone really doesn't have much free time to play but just wants to vote and support the server. Do we really want to punish them?

Another weird thing I've just considered... do you think there would ever be bots that just vote for this server to get nx and then gash it, flooding the market and taking it over and then selling their mesos online? xD

3. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I can confirm by heart here that there's a lot of people farming while playing other servers or games. There's even a pure example here.

4. Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    1:24 AM
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    This is a reality. Until GTop100 added the ping back it wasn't difficult at all to write a script that would do this. I know of a few people who are actively testing another method to fool the server into thinking it got a ping back granting NX.

*Edit*
    Not on this server. As a matter of fact, not even for a Maplestory server.

5. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    6:24 AM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Because of this gachaconomy, thats one of the only options people have the ability of those to do something like 'vote saving,' diversification into PQs/Grinding/Other would encourage active playing (the type of players wanted) while also limiting those peoples ability to have a huge effect on the economy of the server.

Currently, a few items are so rare that their prices have been unable to stabilize, because people see the current economic state, than decide to count on saving those items until they're more worthy, rather than trading them now. This does not signify healthy economic activity. When phenomenons like 'saving certain item here' occur in what is supposed to be a 'free market economy,' it means that the public is expecting inflation. Since such a small amount of these items are entering the supply (in a time/luck way), while mesos are increasing at a massive rate everyday due to grinding, and due to there being no upper ceiling on what these eventually desperate high level players will pay, i'd say that the 'save your valuables' premonition is the community participating in smart economic activity. Nonetheless, it is activity that hurts/stunts the servers economy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Inflation is a different beast entirely. It's an eminent problem that will have to be curbed, but unfortunately gashapon has little to do with it at all. In order to combat inflation, what the game needs are methods of removing mesos from the economy. And the only real way to do that is provide some goods or service to players which they would want to buy with mesos. Anyway, I really think it needs its own topic.

7. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    I thought GMS had taxes for that purpose?

8. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    You mean the taxes we get from merchant shops and trading? It's not nearly enough, to be frank.

9. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Yeah that kind, can't we just up the taxes when we need it in the future, the function is already there, would be an easy solution :D

10. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well I guess it would be possible, and maybe as a last resort, but the problem is that the taxes just seem like pointless stealing. I think it would be better to actually make expensive things available for sale that the player base would actually want to buy. That way, we not only would be taking money out of the server but putting new items in.

For instance:
    being able to buy NX cash with mesos, but not at a rate that could be considered advantageous at all unless one gets extremely lucky.
    a NPC/service that can upgrade a scroll from 60% to 65% or 10% to 15%.
    removing NLC %heal potions, but adding in some custom potions that heal more than 5000 HP or MP at standard costs
    increasing transportation fares and offering instant travel at a very high cost (hint, more than what they charge at mapleRoyals)
    selling statless eye accessories, face accessories (or maybe rings, belts, whatever the client can handle?) that then have to be scrolled to gain any real benefit.

Other random jerk ideas:
    lose mesos on death, with or without charms
    equips NPC for less
    increase price of bath robes. :p

11. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    4:24 AM
    Nikki explained it very well. Although, that said, I think it will stabilize some when more players become high level and need end game gears. The economy is in this weird state right now where there's very few end game players to consume, and lots of people who are probably sitting on valuable gacha items (or NX) for them... myself included :(

That's an interesting idea. But really the problem boils down to the fact that so many extremely powerful items come from Gachapon... and the way you get to Gachapon, is waiting. It's similar to my problem with end game gears coming from events or in level-restricted areas. It's just something that bothers me about the design. I feel like active play should always be the most rewarded. Obviously voting should give you some boost, but the problem is voting is a gate to the most powerful equipment and scrolls. Sure it can all be traded, but really, pure luck and waiting will determine if I'm rich or not...? My problem with it is just that I have earned so much more from gacha'ing with my voted NX than my time playing. I would say it's like, 10 to 1. I would prefer it to be the reverse.

There is really only two solutions as far as I can see. 1) Move gachapon items around such that they can be obtained through playing, which is the option I believe is suggested by this thread. It's certainly not a bad solution in my opinion, as it could easily be used to revitalize some underwhelming PQ's *cough*orbis*cough*. 2) Provide another method of obtaining NX other than waiting to vote. Achievements are a fine way of doing this in my opinion. Of course, you can also combine options 1+2.

All that being said, I don't think the current situation is terrible. I think we're being quite preemptive here and identifying the seed of a potential problem more than we are yelling 'fire!'.

A side note, I think this problem may actually be exacerbated by the fact that AP resets (NX in general) is not tradeable. The reason being, many more people who would be gacha'ing would instead buy AP resets to sell for stable mesos, but on this server it isn't an option. I still agree with this standpoint as I think an AP reset market is kind of silly (like the entire HP washing concept, but hey, that's this version), but this is a side affect you have to accept.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Wasn't NX giftable in GMS, how about we just go ahead and enable that right away?

13. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Problem with Cash gifting in our server is Vote Abusers, which is a whole new issue if that gets enabled. Gifting works, but it only works with Legends Game Cash, which is Cash you can get eventually by events and similar in-game activity.

14. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Just store HWIDs and ban abusers?
    I cant imagine they would be much of a problem though, should be easy to detect.

15. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    HWID is by machine, meaning someone could easily still use a second machine + a proxy.

16. Sam_Vosh

Sam_Vosh Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Jan 24, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere over a fictional rainbow
    SamVosh
    Bowmaster
    Halcyon
    I've periodically looked at this thread. So I might have come up with something already suggested. I got an idea when I heard that people started to learn that Brown Work Gloves were obtainable from a specific Showa Exchange quest. And that is to make certain (which depending on feedback and/or Kim) end game items available via Exchange Quests. However, after a lengthy discussion with Neko and Exhume it showed that the idea might need some work on.

So after some thought I came up with this. An extension on the Exchange Quest idea:
    Where it requires Dark Cloud Tails for the BWG Showa Exchange quest. Why not have exchange quests accept multiple ETC items instead of only one specific. So in this example you could say Tree Branches, Broken Shells and Hip Bone being in an Exchange quest but having the same droplist as the one from Showa. (ETC items used in example are just example. Not suggesting it should be these)

This could also be combined with a redistribution of Gacha items. As it's starting to show that nobody bothers with any other Gacha then Shroom Shrine. (and to an extend NLC as well)

17. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Ask for webcam access and use face recognition?

Think outside the box, I can think of many solutions, it's a minor issue.

18. Squiddy1

Squiddy1 Red Snail

May 12, 2015
    7:24 AM
    Assassin
    Pardon my ignorance, but who are the NPCs that sell these chairs? I've checked out these places and done a quick search on Google and came up short.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    7:24 AM
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle

This is a suggestion on how the chairs should be obtained.

20. Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    1:24 AM
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    @Chew@Chew , please stay on topic. I'm aware of your many other discussions from various other threads of your personal agenda to enable cash shop gifting. Your agenda is not relevant to the discussions taking place in this thread. You can think of so many solutions? Great! Go make your own thread suggesting those solutions.