1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Current PQ population

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thechild, Aug 2, 2023.

1. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Skelegon

Mar 13, 2023
    8:13 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    heh, then fartsy truly would be "bending over backwards" for us kek

no

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    thechild

thechild Dark Stone Golem

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    10:13 AM
    fartmane
    Dark Knight
    Galaxy
    I realize that there's a top-heavy presence in the server that overrides most of the lower levels having that wide gap between pq's and boss run's etc. I don't think anything needs to be nerfed in regards to leeching or whatever, but I do think there are some tweaks to be made or introducing a new implementation to get more people involved. I know it can get complex once you start talking about the server population and peak times as a lot of us are from different regions of the world, so time is a factor that can make things difficult - I get that not being something you can control as we are a 'private' server. However, if pq's got revamped and allowed you to get items that are rare and worthwhile, then that could even attract more people to the pq's and ultimately the server as a whole. I agree that some items just get replaced with other eyewear or hat, but there has to be something we can do to have a better incentive when it comes to pq's. I don't expect high-levels to be doing opq/lpq/epq style pq's for experience, but 35-71 should have options that are always there when it comes to leveling besides leech or grinding away.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    9:13 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Mage
    Pasta
    its ok i have other ways

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Skelegon

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    If I remember correctly there is a PQ over haul being planned/worked on SoonTM. Not sure if this was a thing of the past or if its like HP challenges where there is no deadline or roadmap with its progress

5. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    10:13 PM
    I want high rate only for myself. The rest of you can go eat some..

I skipped PQs because there’s no guaranteed party. If I only have 1-2 hours to play I’d rather do anything else for some progress.

At lower levels, I’m mostly thinking about leveling and grinding is almost always more efficient plus no idle time. And very likely one would be grinding at areas some distance away from PQ. Although there’s TP rocks, players might not what spend the limited resources they’re saving up for other things.

What if players in the same party and channel is able to warp into PQ map from anywhere when the leader starts the PQ? After exiting the PQ, the players will return back to their original map. Maybe this will encourage some participation when players smega for party by providing convenience.

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    7:13 AM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    This would be insanely good QoL but I'd imagine it'd be difficult to implement. There's also arguments to be made how it makes the world feel more disconnected, something that a lot of modern MMORPG players complain about with dungeon finder tools and things like that, but that's more subjective.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Yeah, can’t have everything at different ends of the spectrum. It’s a matter of weighing which end is more beneficial overall.

Curious to see which group would argue about the disconnection though. I’d imagine from someone who wouldn’t participate in PQs either way, just so that there’s something to argue about.

8. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Skelegon

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    really like this idea actually. So often I would see smega's for EPQ (my fav lol) and I'd be across the entire world..

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Luu

Luu Selkie Jr.

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    Honestly that's more fitting with modern MMOs. You don't have to arrange your own party all on-location for a party quest; you just "queue up", a party is constructed of everyone else who queued up out of what is required, and then once there's enough for a full party everyone is warped immediately there.

This of course doesn't preclude creating your own parties and all the rest of it.

10. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    7:13 AM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Yeah I think this is the angle people would object to it, since it's very non-traditional game design that prioritizes convenience over connection. Part of the current experience (ideally, anyways, when there's a pool of players) includes talking to people to figure out what roles the group is missing and, when necessary, not inviting people who are known to be toxic or AFKers. These are elements that would be lost with a queue system, and while some might see that as a non-issue or even a positive, this social part of putting together groups is important to others.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Kostok

Kostok Mano

Mar 23, 2023
    Male
    5:13 PM
    PQs were the best experience for me in the OG Maple, also in ML whenever I could find a party and, it is disheartening to know that it is generally shunned and not viable here. How could we expect new players to make friends, join guilds, and find grinding parties? You cannot bond as strong with random people on himes as with your PQ friends. Considering the other problems like leeching, multimaging, etc. here I think the current server design is barring the entrance of new players in favor of old players who only see new players as a leech client. It is not healthy in the long run.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  12. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    I just thought PQ would match pure grinding by giving 1 normal gacha per run, with chance of it being a rare gacha.
    This might not bring much life to PQ itself, but I think it is only fair this way when grinding gives you gacha, but PQ doesnt.
    The dropping of gacha from normal mobs has spoil the balance between grinding and PQ

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. xAneurysm

xAneurysm Blue Snail

Apr 29, 2023
    Male
    xGiovanna
    Thief
    I do respect everyone’s opinion, I just want to say there will always be something to complain about. There have been times i’ve done tons of consecutive lpq/opq runs and there have been times where I had to just grind instead, it is what it is. I don’t think it’s the lack of pqing that people are disheartened by…maybe just the connections that came with it..(that’s where the nostalgia really hits right?) but there are other ways to meet people aside from pqing…like in the FM, when you’re traveling from one continent to another and even when you are grinding…just talk, be friendly. I don’t think we need to nerf or buff anything, personally.Happy Mapling :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1