1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think PB should have a reduced timer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TORONTOTOKYO, Jun 10, 2024.

Do you think PB should have a reduced timer?

1. Yes. Kick the ladder!

10 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. No. Lets be inclusive!

21 vote(s)
    55.3%
  3. I don't PB because I have no squad. T_T

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  1. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    5:30 PM
    Its been many years since the release of PB. Coupled with the abundance of coins, farming galore methods and gearing multiple attackers, everyone is clearing PB easily these days. Should the timer be reduced? Like how HT was revised back then to the 2hr timer?

2. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    11:30 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Apples and gelts should be harder to come by.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    11:30 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Or nerfed in the number of WA they give :') Put an end to NL/Bucc superiority!

4. Swesticer

Swesticer Orange Mushroom

Mar 26, 2021
    Male
    9:30 AM
    Swesticer
    I'm pretty new to PB so I don't really have much to say about the balancing. But from my newbie perspective statue phase is actually pretty fun and active.

But once you get to Body its a damn snoozefest. Hardest part about it is not falling asleep in between DRs. Something could be added here.

I was also gonna say my opinion might not matter since I play NL. But then I realized 90% of PB squads are NLs so.... :yay:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
  5. fael

fael Headless Horseman

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    6:30 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    i think timer is fine x.x sometimes things can mess up and its really frustrating to fail, because of all the effort to make it happen (apples + all organization), and you cant simply try again like every other boss

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. sandpickle

sandpickle Mushmom

Dec 1, 2020
    Male
    4:30 AM
    firepickle
    Magician
    Cucumber
    The current timer is appropriate because it gives leeway for scuffed runs from: missed shields, missed TLs, lag issues, mass DCs that certain runs see. A shorter timer would also disincentivize newer runners from being accepted and people taking the risk to host new runs.

The real issue is how easy and un-punishing Nightlord's are, and how stupid easy it is to mule a bishop.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. CauTion

CauTion Timer

Nov 5, 2019
    Israel
    12:30 PM
    Thief
    Siege
    dodgeable 1 shot skill by a boss should be a thing in the end game content IMO
    will make way more interesting mechanics and skill for end game players

8. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Horntail

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    This affects the new squads more than the old ones

9. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    2:30 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    i think it should have been 1 hour on release

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Was the server even geared enough back then to have cleared?

11. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    3:30 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    All this would do is give already geared end gamers a massive advantage *cough Pasta* while everyone else would be gate kept even more from PB as dpm requirements increase.

Either that or itd just drive up PB item costs when Mw30 is already being a/w before it even drops

12. Tarnished

Tarnished Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    30 minutes in PB Body feels like 3 hours in real life

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Yes, considering that it barely took any time for us to form the first 18man pink bean. Also consider that pink bean in its original state was significantly easier to clear (statues didn't attack you unless you were in range of them or aggroed them), pink bean seduce could be dodged by avoid (most NLs didn't duck), and it didn't cast seduce if facing right.

The main thing stopping people was HP, not gear, and that was going to be slowly fixed over time as people's washing projects finished up. Also, level requirement to enter was 150 and the horntail meta was more cleave favored, so there actually were a good amount of hb mules and dk.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  14. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    5:30 AM
    iPippy
    Early Pb was always about survival/knowledge. Things like not triggering mass sed which kills runs, and not dying to literally every dr on body.

I don't recall early 301 runs ever meso bombing, and even other squads only bombed to cover mistakes. Idk if we could have just walked right into our first clear on tighter timer, but there has always been plenty of time to make up if we are willing to pay for it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    That’s true I forgot about the statue aggro changes. I think the sed notes don’t really make a big difference time wise though since optimized runs today mostly just ignore sed for the most part anyways.

16. OP
    OP
    TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    5:30 PM
    technically its easier to mule a drk/se/bucc mule tho.

17. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Other classes are getting carried by NL/Bucc in comp, so you'd be affecting their viability as well. Make the top end weaker and the bottom end get cut first.

• Agree Agree x 7
  18. Vowels

Vowels Mr. Anchor

Jan 23, 2019
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    Resurrection + TL cheese deserves a nerf, that shit is busted.
    The endgame boss is so free when mistakes are never punished, why do we even have mechanics when they don't matter. seduce means nothing, zombify means nothing, dispel means nothing

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. LiquidOoze

LiquidOoze Mixed Golem

Feb 7, 2018
    5:30 AM
    Who's going to revive fartsyfartsy after his 10th death trying to maximize mana reflection dpm then?

• Informative Informative x 5
  20. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    While I don't disagree that it kind of trivializes fights, strictly removing the interaction isn't the solution, since it'll just cause even further overcentralization in the meta. Whereas Night Lords and Shadowers are currently preferred, they'll very quickly become mandatory in order to reduce the burden on whatever Resurrects the run has access to. It would kind of be a shame to push warriors and sairs even further out of the meta for a change that likely will not make the fight any more interesting, just more exclusive. If the interaction were removed in tandem with additional changes that punished players for failing active gameplay checks (ducking sed notes, not attacking DR) instead of just randomly picking people to die (RB sed), I think now we're cooking.

• Agree Agree x 2