1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

EPM Compilation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by -ovv, Aug 30, 2023.

1. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    4:17 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Single-Client EPM Rankings:
    Why should attacker mains have all the fun?
    Show off your clean ass rotations here in the single-client EPM rankings thread.

Instructions:
    1. Record a video of your clean rotations with an EPM 3 test included.
    2. Do @time before the test begins so we can get an official time stamp.
    3. Post in this thread with the following information: 1) Name of map; 2) Character IGN; 3) Class; 4) Level; 5) EPM 3 total exp. #5 will be your score as the Single Party Exp (SPE) ranking. You can also post a screenshot of your EPM 3 test included in video as proof.
    4. Post video link.
    Rules:
    • EPM test should be done as the sole member in your party.
    • No EXP buffs allowed (no Holy Symbol). This keeps it fair across classes.
    • Multiclienting shenanigans will not be allowed (i.e., no Taunt mules, no pre-poisoned mobs, no agro mules, etc).
    • EPM tests submitted during event exp will not be accepted.
    • Buffs must be self-contained within your class.
    • No bosses allowed.
    Note: May create a separate rankings based on non-mage ultimate rotations in the future if there is enough interest.

Total Party EPM Rankings:
    This section is for the adventurous party grinders. What new strategies can you come up with via party play shenanigans? Is active grinding better than afk leeching? Let's put this to the test!

Instructions:
    1. Record a video of your party's grinding set-up with an EPM 3 test included.
    2. Do @time before the test begins so we can get an official time stamp.
    3. Once EPM 3 test is over, have each member of the party announce their EPM 3 result (total exp) in all chat.
    4. Post in this thread with the name of the map and a screenshot of each individual's EPM 3 test. This screenshot should include Character IGNs, Classes, Levels, EPM 3 individual exp.
    5. Your party score will be the sum of each individual's reported EXP gained as the Total Party EXP (TPE).
    6. (Optional): Include a short explanation of your strategy and why you think it works the best.
    Rules:
    • All buffs must be contained within your party (no GM buffs, out of party Echo, etc).
    • Submissions during events will not be accepted.
    • No out-of-party shenanigans allowed (i.e., no Taunt mules, no pre-poisoned mobs, etc.).
    • Multiclienting is allowed as long as the members are in your party.
    • No mage ultimates allowed.
    • No bosses allowed.
    ___
    This is a rough draft but I wanted to put this out there. I will make changes based on community feedback. Rules can always be adjusted as well. Rankings will be updated whenever I feel like it.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  2. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor

Last edited: Feb 17, 2024
  3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    1:17 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Love this! Will contribute when I have time~

4. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:17 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    nice idea, curious to see!

5. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Can't wait for the optimal rotations for each class to be 'hold x at 7F'

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    The single client rankings will actually be done by map based on SPE score so I expect a majority to be held by mages, but it’d be interesting to see if other classes have any chance at all or noticeable advantages in certain styles of maps. This could be insightful for staff if they ever want to remap certain areas for class balance.

One thing I forgot to mention - if we ever reach a point where things feel stale, it would be fun to establish a bounty system for certain maps in order to spur innovation. I, or others, could place a bounty of X amount of coins (or mesos) on a certain map, and the first person to beat the top rank can claim the prize - or maybe roll into an even larger bounty to spur even more innovation. As bounties grow larger, it'd encourage more friendly competition. Therein lies an ego-based drive to continue optimizing.

As the list of optimized map grows, it could be quite useful for the community to gauge exp potential across the Mapleverse.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Flamous
    Bishop
    I like the ruleset, however to me you could revise the "no mage ults", to "mage ults only for executing/supporting". This is mainly cause I would like to see how a skilled Pally tgt with a mage plays 5-6F :angelic:

8. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    7:17 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    I'm here for this, sounds like fun!

Reminds me of another server's "Percent/Hour Thread" where they've maintained an impressive list of reported exp % and exp/min for most meta map x class combinations.

9. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Perhaps in the future I'll create a separate mage-inclusive Total Party EXP rankings, but for now I'll keep the rules the same for the reasons I mentioned previously. I am very curious to see what kinds of maps are actually party grind viable as this antiquated rhetoric gets thrown around on forums every so often. It would be nice to see theories put to test.

Glad to see people are interested. Now we just need some people to submit stuff so we can get the rankings started.

With that in mind, I think it would be a good idea to list out a few starter map suggestions.

Single-Client EPM Rankings Map Suggestions:
    Total Party EPM Rankings Map Suggestions:

10. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I decided to start off the solo rankings, only after recording I read that I was supposed to do an @time at the start of the recording but I rather not do a new recording as it's inefficient to bother without HS & a leecher. I'll include a screenshot showing the @time and based of my EXP you'll be able to conduct that the recording was done today.
    • Road to Oblivion 5
    • Nightz
    • Ice Lightning Arch mage
    • [​IMG]
    Here's the video, can be a little bit smoother but it's been a while I been around this map.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  11. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    The @time requirement is mostly a soft one built in to verify that testing is not done during event rates, but I realize now we’d be able to see that in the video provided anyways, so I’ll update the rules. As long as video evidence is provided, that should suffice and we should have all the tools to verify validity.

12. Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Flamous
    Bishop
    No HS, no leecher, only using hog as a means of ladder transportation :whistling:
    • Ulu Estate III
    • Flamous
    • BISHOP
    • [​IMG]
    Still room for improvement.
    Video:

Comment: ULU3 is a crazy ass map, this is head and shoulders above skele eph with half the effort...

• Great Work Great Work x 6
  13. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    • Map: Lower Ascent (Windraiders)
    • IGN: giovv
    • 178 bishop
    • upload_2023-9-7_23-40-55.png
    • SPE score: 514,100
    Video:

Took a few attempts to get the rotation right, but this was my best/cleanest result out of the bunch.

Hoping to see other entries for this map as the Lower Ascent rotations have a ton of variance, so I'm sure someone already has a better one up their sleeves.

• Great Work Great Work x 3
  14. Whisp

Whisp Horny Mushroom

Jun 3, 2015
    6:17 AM
    Hey, just wanted to thank you for showcasing the WR rotation. I think a lot of people including myself don't actually know the correct way to rotate on the map so seeing this here is really helpful for WR leech!

Like you said, someone might have a better one in the future, but for now this is an amazing video/resource.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Thanks for the kind feedback! That is the ultimate goal for this thread - as it grows and takes on more submissions, it'll naturally turn into a collection of clean map rotations pushed to its potential, incentivized by ego-driven competition.

It also encourages discovery for unknown exp strategies, which is why we have two rank systems - per map rankings and overall SPE score. If someone discovers a map with a high SPE score for a certain level range, it'll open up new leeching meta maps, similar to the porky/peach monkey leech discovery a few years ago.

16. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    • Map: Dangerous Sea Gorge II (Squid & Risell Squid)
    • 179 bishop
    • upload_2023-9-23_22-10-49.png
    • SPE Score: 2,035,000 (adjusted from 10% event exp)

Figured I might as well record/submit while I'm here, even though it is during event period and just do the adjusted rates after.
    SPE for the EPM 3 came out to be 2,238,500, which adjusted down to non-event EXP comes out to be 2,035,000.

I think I'll change the @time requirement and allow for submissions during events as it's simple enough to adjust the score.

Anyways, regarding the rotation, this was the cleanest rotation I've found while leeching my noobs here for about an hour. Here's the mage exp I got from an EPM 5 with 4 leechers.
    upload_2023-9-23_22-15-37.png

Not too bad. The spawn rate here is insane, so this would be a prime spot for platform grinding set ups.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    • Map: Ulu Estate III (Montrecer)
    • 181 bishop
    • upload_2023-10-26_16-24-20.png
    • SPE Score: 2,564,100

Have been slowly card hunting and leeching at ULU3 while trying to use SignatureSignature 's clearing rotations shown above, but I couldn't get the mount and TP timing down, so I resorted to a lazier method. Did a quick EPM 3 test to see how it would compare, and to my surprise, it ended up being a slight optimization.

• Great Work Great Work x 4
  18. Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Flamous
    Bishop
    The addition of the tire cast at the ladder is next level! Wonder how far this map can be pushed:cow:

19. Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Flamous
    Bishop
    Sorry for doublepost but just came out of retirement to try out the new -ovv-ovv rotation and its indeed pog.
    First try with a bit of rusty movement
    [​IMG]

With a little modification 2.8m is surely in reach

• Like Like x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Yeah my theory is that double casting allows for largest reach on both platforms. On top platform tire cast + left side on new spawn is ideal because you should be clearing the entire top plat. I don't down jump cast b/c there are still mobs that can hit me and ruin the jump (if you get hit left mid-jump, you can fall into the bottom platform). But also, I prefer over extending a bit past the ledge and holding down jump while walking back right. This allows me to catch the perfect left side edge to extend my first gen cast to the furthest left possible, which gives me most coverage of bottom platform for that spawn when I go back to the bottom right side to gen.

The main advantage to the down jump cast is that it might catch an extra gen cast every 2-3 respawn cycles which would definitely be an optimization. However, in your test, you often prioritize the down jump cast timing over the full platform coverage, so you're sometimes leaving 3-4 mobs unkilled which cuts into your SPE by a large margin if repeated every cycle. In those cases where I can see more mobs stacked on the left wall, I think it'd be better to just tele once more and cast gen, then do the walk back ledge method I mentioned before. You could probably couple it in with a down jump cast if you have iframes.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2023