1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice [Feedback Thread] Halloween Event 2022

Discussion in 'Events' started by Ariami, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    11:28 PM
    Endorphins
    raffle rates are extremely low and non rewarding, feels almost like a waste of time doing.
    figuring out only at the end of the event that under level 120 you cant get decent prices was so much fun to realize after spending alot of time doing it in low level chars.
    the only event i remember actually getting decent items was last summer event with fishing system. almost as if that system was so much more time consuming
    than current raffles that you felt it should be rewarded better. since then im getting pretty much nothing from these raffles and it feels like a burden to do

2. SmellyCat

SmellyCat Orange Mushroom

Jun 9, 2021
    4:28 PM
    Bowmaster
    My quick thoughts, The rewards for the butler party quest were not ideal for the effort placed. I feel like that could be felt in the lack of interest and difficulty in finding parties. While the raffles are great for those with limited time like myself, they encourage people to solely focus on that while ignoring the rest of an event. An event, I feel is best handled when it forces people out of their little spaces and brings them all into one were activities are shared. This is why loved the introduction of event points into normal party quest because I was able to meet and have fun with people who I might not have run into otherwise. TLDR: the raffles make many other event set pieces obsolete, removing in my opinion the spirit of events which is shared activities.

3. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    10:28 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    • Masked Man's Party
      • Questline
        • Did you enjoy the questline overall?
    Yes it was great, there was alot of searching to be done in the Haunted House and it's event counterpart and that's kindof the point of the area IMO.
    • Were the rewards from the questline useful and/or worth the effort of completing the questline?
    They were fine, a nice reward for people that completed the quests but not enough that you'd feel bad if you missed it.
    • Pumpkin PQ and Butler PQ
      • Were these party quests enjoyable?
      • Did you find the rewards for these two PQs satisfactory?
    Pumpkin PQ didn't hold much value for anyone other than sub lvl 50 non mages so I didn't really bother much. Butler PQ however was a great addition to get people of all levels and communities together for some fresh content. The main downside was that the rewards for running after obtaining the chair were lackluster so you would quickly have noone to run with. I think increasing the value of succesful runs after obtaining the chair or somehow tying the PQ into a daily/raffle type of system would help with finding people to run with. Would love to see more of this type of content in future events.
    • Raffle
      • Selection of Mobs/Bosses
        • Were there any Mobs/Bosses you found difficulty completing? If so, please explain why.
    BGA and Toad can be replaced by NT bosses as mentioned earlier. Would also rather have a larger range of non boss mobs as the pool seemed rather small (level 18x user).
    • Do you enjoy this system of Raffling? Are there any changes you would like to see?
    Yes it's great though I'd like to see raffles uncapped (no daily limit) and the rewards adjusted accordingly. With enough mules people are pretty much uncapped anyway so might as well let everyone enjoy more raffles if they choose to.
    • Raffle Rewards
      • Were the rewards from the Raffle satisfactory?
    Seems good just a bummer that some low level rewards were made unobtainable for higher levels. I like collecting equips and some are just unobtainable this way. It does make sense for low level characters to get worse rewards though.
    • Did the Raffle Rates seem fair to you?
    There were alot less yellow lines than previous events if that is any indication of the rates but that's not a bad thing.
    • Event Duration
    No complaints.
    • Event Announcement
    The poster looked great as always :)
    • Other comments/suggestions/concerns?
    Thanks for putting in the effort to give us these events, it's much appreciated ^^

• Like Like x 1
  4. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    4:28 AM
    I usually skipped any event contents that requires me to commit a certain amount time into, like PQs. I’m not saying to change anything and I’m totally fine not participating in those.

I’ve seen many frustrations with raffles for the past 2 events since I’ve returned to play. Even a bunch of new players that just poof after 1 week.

Perhaps modify it such that raffle quest gives a token on completion and players can choose to roll them for a chance to a high value prize or trade a larger amount of tokens for guaranteed smaller prizes. For example, 5 tokens for a Pouch 1 or 15 tokens for a random chair. The exchange rate can always be tweaked to whichever that suits. Just a suggestion for people who think they always have bad luck.

5. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    1:28 PM
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    The NLC teleport was fantastic, and a taste of the promised land that could yet be.

I get that ships and travel time are nostalgic and such - and to a new player taking the ship the first few times and potentially bumping into players for a casual conversation truly is an unforgettable experience. However, I have not had many social interactions in ML during transport timers because most people just AFK which brings into question how valuable are transport times for nostalgia vs. how much are they an annoying artifact of a game built for a different time? Maybe a high level quest to skip the NLC subway could be added to get the best of both worlds where beginners get to hang out on public transport and veteran players can just skip it. I feel like these days they are more of a net negative to social activities because they represent a significant opportunity cost to doing party content when you can just sit forever in the handful of meta maps and make superior gains.

6. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Why do people keep pretending the different raffle pools were some sort of highly confidential secret? Just talk to the npc to see your raffle pool lmao

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Because it wasn't mentioned anywhere when the event was launched hence I think many returning players just assumed it stayed the same as previous events. Personally i found out about it by clicking that npc on accident after my 3rd or 4th raffle. Totally understandable if some people completely didn't check. No need to accuse them of pretending.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    global literacy rate is only 87%

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Maplelegends literacy rate is half of that

10. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Previous events also had different rates and reward pools across various levels.

I agree of course we could have been more transparant but I don't think it's unreasonable for people to check the reward lists or simply find it out themselves. If you ran in this and experienced it as a problem then you were most likely muling the event with a bunch of lower leveled mules which isn't exactly something we want to encourage either way.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    I think my 3rd job characters got paid out more than my 4th jobs. Unless the real treasures were the candies we made along the way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Fwiw I wasn't one of those with raffle mules. I'm just calling out the fact that people raised an actual valid response and we should not respond with some snarky and condescending comment that they are liars or illiterate.

I still remember the only yellow line item i recieved during an event was when i just started this game as a new player in the end of 2021, which would not be possible this event. Many people might have experienced something similar and assumed that event raffles are consistent across levels. Since we are on this, could i just check when ws/cs or coin equivalent were removed from below 120 raffle? Was it last event?

13. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Mixed Golem

Oct 29, 2020
    overall, I liked the event.

I liked the masks...the rings...and the hairs were REALLY good.
    I didn't get anything good on raffles on three characters (90s,90s, and 150s) so I won't comment too much on it; wish it gave less candies (or at least just give elixir/p. elixir).

The event was fine, thank you for making it!

14. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    3:28 PM
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    Might give more detailed feedback later, but did the event as always: casual participation. Raffles opening at reset was nice: anything that makes events feel less compulsory and allows for people to play at their pace is nice. Mansion quests for masks were easy enough once the Pumpkin carving spaces were figured out. Didn’t bother with Butler PQ.

I actually like having chair rewards from the raffle be untradeable during the event and opening them afterwards: might be a personal thing though.

15. BIaine

BIaine Mano

Jun 7, 2020
    Male
    Paladin
    Dislikes: Chocolate Emissions at a whopping 50 points expiring on 12/27/2022

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Americans

Americans Red Snail

Dec 15, 2021
    Only raffle and ring was worth my time as casual

17. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Whoops, realised I only left some marginally serious comment. Some actual feedback is probably deserved.

• Masked Man's Party
      • Questline
        • Did you enjoy the questline overall?
          I thought it was pretty nifty! Admittedly I just followed a guide to rush through it, perhaps I'm not the most reliable feedback with regards to the enjoyment of rawdogging quests.
        • Were the rewards from the questline useful and/or worth the effort of completing the questline?
          I feel like it somewhat depended on class and previous gear-tier, but mostly the masks were hugely beneficial (I personally also adore the aesthetic, so I'm a happy camper)
      • Pumpkin PQ and Butler PQ (Redacted because I hardly did them, not because I felt like the rewards were bad or w/e, I was just preoccupied with other things)
    • Raffle
        • Were there any Mobs/Bosses you found difficulty completing? If so, please explain why.
          Not really, Jr. Newties are always a mildly uncomfortable task because you don't get completion for the (Non-)transforming ones. Perhaps I'm just being a dummy and using the wrong map, but it generally took me slightly longer to complete Newties compared to any other mob.
        • Do you enjoy this system of Raffling? Are there any changes you would like to see?
          I like raffling. RNG makes my heartrate go brr and the rewards felt more than satisfying. Nice chairs, satisfactory rate of pouches etc vs 'junk' rewards. I do still feel like a system where muling raffles isn't particularly desirable but I also see the difficulty in coming up with a system that pushes people more towards single character gameplay.
      • Raffle Rewards
        • Were the rewards from the Raffle satisfactory?
          I've included a screenshot of my raffle rewards for context, in case people are curious about a relatively unreliable estimate of what the rates were.
          [​IMG]
          As mentioned previously, I was quite happy about the rewards. Perhaps I got above average RNG, perhaps not.
        • Did the Raffle Rates seem fair to you?
          Absolutely!
    • Cosmetics, pets, other 'points' rewards
      I feel like I might be a minority when I say this, but I personally love all the pets, chairs and the majority of cosmetics brought into this event. One thing that will never stop grinding my gears is the horrendous jump-effects on all the event weapons. I'm aware this is moreso Neckson's fault and not something staff can be blamed for, but if there is ever a time where staff has spare time (haha) I would be very curious if there's a way to include a bare-bones version of these weapons that does not include the jump effects.
    • Event Duration
      Perfectly fine, we've got longer events for larger holidays. The event felt long enough to not miss out on anything by having a busy 1-2 weeks irl, yet short enough to not entirely burn out on the event.
    • Event Announcement
      Not quite sure there is to be said on this. It's always a joy to see an event announcement come up and the visuals were beautiful as ever.
    • Other comments/suggestions/concerns?
      Figured I'd leave this here, as I wasn't quite sure where else to leave it in my feedback without making the 'Raffle'-portion a huge and unstructured load of text.
      I mentioned it earlier in my thread in a somewhat joking/wiseass manner, but I feel like the frustration with regards to supposedly unknown changes to raffle tiers/rates is entirely unfounded. We've had raffle tiers before. You can check your raffle pool by speaking to the NPC next to the raffle NPC. Failing to do so is entirely the player's fault. Sure it wasn't in the event announcement, but a smidge of common sense (and 2 clicks) gets the player all the information they need.
      Also, thank god for raffle tiers. I believe it was last event where there were people doing upwards of 500 raffles on heaps of lvl 3x mages/sins. Not only is this quite likely to have a negative effect on the economy, it also encourages people to adopt a playstyle which is less than desirable in my opinion.

All in all, very happy with the event. Massive props on releasing it so close to the actual date of Halloween, you guys did great. Thanks for keeping us busy with another fun event while you guys also have more than enough other things going on in life.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. jellyfish92

jellyfish92 Red Snail

Dec 24, 2018
    Male
    Beginner
    • Masked Man's Party
      • Questline
        • Did you enjoy the questline overall? Its enjoyable.
        • Were the rewards from the questline useful and/or worth the effort of completing the questline? Decent masks, it is worth the effort.
      • Pumpkin PQ and Butler PQ
        • Were these party quests enjoyable? Did not do, difficult to find people especially when its nearing the end of the event.
        • Did you find the rewards for these two PQs satisfactory? NA.
    • Raffle
        • Were there any Mobs/Bosses you found difficulty completing? If so, please explain why. Sharks with dispel could be a problem for mages.
        • Do you enjoy this system of Raffling? Are there any changes you would like to see? Considering its Halloween, it would make sense to talk to the NPCs at the haunted house. Glad that there is quick way to go to the haunted house to clear the raffle quest. No changes needed.
      • Raffle Rewards
        • Were the rewards from the Raffle satisfactory? Too many pots. Overall, the effort to do the raffle is slightly not worth it for the rewards.
        • Did the Raffle Rates seem fair to you? The decrease in yellow lines is fine. Would be nicer if the raffle rewards could give lesser pots, and instead have a slightly higher rate on coin pouches or chairs. It is quite disheartening to receive pots for about 10 raffles in a row.

• Event Duration 1 month is a good duration.
    • Event Announcement Announcement is ok.
    • Other comments/suggestions/concerns? Thanks for the effort in organizing the event. :)