1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Feeed's Multimage Chronicles: My Journey into the Multiclient Sweat Club

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Feeed, May 17, 2021.

1. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    11:51 PM
    Feeed
    Corsair
    In non-journal related news, thanks to my theory and GurkGurk's practical experiments, we discovered that GS2 leech is actually better than GS6 leech by about 10%. While Mr. Anchors give more exp (275 exp) than Slimeys do (250 exp), the spawn count is higher on GS2 (29 on GS2 vs. 23 on GS6) and ultimately results in more total exp assuming you're full clearing. On paper you're getting about 14% more exp at GS2; however, in practice, you're missing 1-3 Slimeys on each rotation, so the difference ends up being closer to 10%.

The more you know! Anyway...

--

Wanna see why I always preach that the most important stat on a ZHelm for low-level characters is the WDef?

The Virgin Bald Mage (258 damage):
    [​IMG]

The CHAD ZAK HELM MAGE (157 DAMAGE)
    [​IMG]

Now, obviously damage is variable, but taking a full hundred less damage every hit when you're an I/L and your playstyle is diving headfirst into packs of mobs 24/7 is HUGE. I'm eager to see how much meso I save next time I repot.

In other news, I was really hoping the extra +16int from my Zak Helm would be enough to reliably 2 hit Truckers. It wasn't. Even with MW20 and a total of 450 TMA, I only 2 shot maybe 75% of the time? Which isn't reliable enough to be a significant upgrade. I was kind of hoping I'd discover some cool new undocumented threshold while doing this journal- but honestly, if you can reliably 2 hit Truckers, you should have been at GS2 a long time ago.

Anyway, here's the mostly-2-hit-dpm (epm1 cause I was feeling lazy but I did 2 trials):
    [​IMG]
    epm1 doesn't account for having to take a minute to party my priest, HS, and leave party again; let's just say it's in the low 800k range.

For reference, here's the epm I was getting on my I/L from an old journal entry:
    [​IMG]

...honestly, not TOO much of an increase at all, as expected. Two hitting Truckers consistently would be a significant upgrade for anyone who's rich and doing the same thing I'm doing for some reason; but, again, for a solo I/L, just go to GS2 at this point.

Anyway, the I/L is now Level 51, and the F/P's are still 48 but should ding soon.

Back to grinding~

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    IT'S OVER! NO MORE TRUCKERS! The last time I felt this good about being 'done' with a map was when I originally got my Bishop and other I/L through Ghost Ship.

...which is coming up next. Shit.

But that's a problem for another day! Today I felt inspired and decided to get through the Truckers part of the journey once and for all- and grinded here a solid 3 hours. End result: I/L is now Lv. 55 (0%), and the F/Ps are Lv. 51 (0%).

As a reminder, the I/L was Level 39 and the F/Ps were Level 43 at the start of me grinding here; so the I/L gained 16 Levels here, while the F/Ps gained 8 Levels. The fact that I was still getting one level per hour (on the I/L) towards the end speaks to how busted this map is and how good I/L leveling is in 2nd job in general.

Anyway, here are some other fun stats about my experience on this map!

- You need 465 TMA to always two-shot truckers with Lv. 30 Thunderbolt. However, a two-shot only provided an extra 12% epm with my specific setup.
    - I spent ~10-11 hours grinding here.
    - Towards the beginning, I was making ~2m in profit every repot. In the final stretch (with near-max Teleport, a Zakum Helmet, and more MP), I made 3m meso in profit using only half my supply of Mana Bulls. (Our meso total is now -34m)

Here's one final epm check (this one is an epm15) I did before leaving the map to make sure that my numbers were accurate even with the downtime to HS myself and with the time it took to go to the FM for MW20 and back (spoiler alert: it's still 15k exp/min):

[​IMG]

And here's a pic of the boys on their way back from CBD:
    [​IMG]

Just in case you were wondering why I didn't leave the I/L in Singapore to retain access to Ghost Ship, as usual, I've got some fun things planned for next entry :D

UNTIL NEXT TIME~

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
  3. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    After 10-11 hours of grinding, I was in need of a bit of a palate cleanser. I also didn't like that my current meso count was -34m, with another expense in a Heart Wand on the horizon. So, I decided to bang out a few of the well-known money making quests for low level characters.

In two previous entries, we completed the following quests:
    - Maple Basic Knowledge (Lv 30+) for 3x Dark Scroll for Shoes for Jump 30% (~4.5m ea)
    - Sakura, the Kitty and the Orange Marble (Lv 40+), also for 3x Dark Scrolls for Shoes for Jump 30% (~4.5m ea)

Those are two super easy quests that every character above should complete; they're already done on my characters, but I figured I'd list them for completion's sake.

Anyway! When we last left off, we had just hopped off the plane from Singapore to Kerning City. Seeing as we were already on Victoria Island, it made sense to start there with our first quest: Mr. Wetbottom's Secret Book (Lv 30+).

(If you're a veteran player, you can probably skip this quest- the reward is a Sauna Robe (~2m?), but for the time it takes to go around and collect all the etc (and possibly buy Pig Heads from the FM), it isn't terribly worth it. However, for new players, you should absolutely be doing this quest for easy money.)

After collecting 150 Curse Eye Tails, 150 Lupin's Banana's, and a few other random etcs (with my Bishop, to save time), we were able to give Mr. Wetbottom 3 copies of his favorite book! Here are the boys chilling in the sauna with their new friend and their fancy new robes (gonna sell the robes, but had to put em on for the screenshot):

[​IMG]

Let me just say before I forgot that Mystic Door is an absolute godsend when doing quests like this, as it essentially cuts travel time by 2/3 or 3/4!

Anyway, it was then time to go to NLC to complete Lita Lawless' Cleaning Up The Streets (Lv 50+). This quest is actually really convenient for a multimage setup because quest kills are shared among party members, so I only had to Genesis 200 Electrophants and 200 Gryphons total.

(Note that this quest is only worth doing on mages because you're guaranteed a Nocturnal Staff. You get garbage with any other class.)

Here are the mages flexing their new staves after mass murdering NLC Mobs with the sheriff of the town herself:

[​IMG]

Next up is a very long and annoying quest chain that starts in NLC but has you traveling back and forth between there and the Omega Sector / Ludi; that's right, it's time for Lost! (Lv 40+) followed by ReVersal (Lv 40+).

If you use traditional travel methods (i.e. Orbis Boat, Ludi Train, manually jumping down Eos Tower), that quest chain can easily take over two hours. However, for those unaware, there's an easy way to move between the Nautilus and the Omega Sector, which involves doing the very simple Bartol's Request (Lv 30+). All you have to do is talk to a few NPCs and bam, you're rewarded with Warp Cards which allow you to travel between the two areas. More importantly, it unlocks the ability to buy more Warp Cards from Bartol (10k ea).

I unfortunately forgot to get a screenshot with Bartol, but here's where we were at after completing his requests and going through the portal:

[​IMG]

From the Omega Sector, you're able to clear Lost!, which simply involves looting common quest etcs from Barnard Grays. I had my Bishop Genesis the map and went around pretending that my mages were sweeper mules and was done pretty quickly. Then it's back to NLC to begin ReVersal, and once again back to the Omega Sector as it's the quickest way to Ludi.

In order to get from the Omega Sector to Ludi, there's a very simple repeatable quest you can do daily on the 3rd floor of the Eos Tower: Disgruntled Roly-Poly Worker (Lv 10+).

(You don't actually have to do this quest if you just buy Eos Rock Scrolls from the FM, but it's such a quick quest that I figured I might as well while I was here).

Here are the mages after making a disgruntled worker slightly less disgruntled:

[​IMG]

From there it's a simple matter of warping up the Eos Tower, going into the Toy Factory, murdering Tick-Tocks for quest etcs, and yet again going back to NLC.

This questline, in hindsight, is an absolute pain in the ass, but it's worth it- as it rewards Dark Scroll for Gloves for ATT 70% (~6.3m ea). Here are the mages breathing a sigh of relief after accommodating Elpam Gorlab's ridiculous requests:

[​IMG]

Finally done! And if we take the final tally from all the quest rewards...

3x Sauna Robe = 2m ea = +6m
    15x Pig Head = -50k ea = -750k (I bought these from the FM to avoid killing pigs for an hour)
    3x Nocturnal Staff = 2m ea = +6m
    3x Dark Scroll for Gloves for ATT 70% = 6.3m ea = +18.9m

...for a grand total of +30m made from doing these quests tonight, and a grant total overall meso count of only -4m! Don't ever tell me new players can't afford 15m Zak Helms by Level 50- they just need to know which quests to do.

After helping all those NPCs and despite having traveled between NLC and Omega/Ludi what felt like a million times, I had to make one more trip to Ludi, because there's just one more NPC the mages need to help out...

[​IMG]

See you next time o/

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    On indefinite hiatus as I'm pretty sure I'm done with this game for the foreseeable future. Sorry to randomly end the journey :<

What did we learn with this journal?
    Honestly? Not too much lmao, but it was a fun project while it lasted. I thought there'd be a bunch of fun maps to multiclient on, but I don't think that's terribly feasible unless you're doing 4-5 mages- and even then, HSing them would make it impossible. Here's the general guide though:

Step 1:
    Have an HS mule

Step 2:
    1-7: Maple Island
    8-10: Job Advance, Job Advance Quests
    10-20: HPQ (+ detour to NLC for the Mayor's Quiz)
    20-31: Genin (have one mage killing and leeching the other mages
    31-43: Ariant Questline, Teddies, Jr Wraiths
    43-51: Truckers
    51-65: GS2
    65+: Leech Normally

I'll still lurk the ML discord, but for everyone else feel free to add me and hmu whenever. Thanks for everything <3 o/

• Friendly Friendly x 6
  5. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    9:51 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    See thats where you went wrong, how it should have been,

1-10 Maple Island
    10-90 Venezuelans
    90-105/108/130 Ulu2
    105/108 - 130 skeles/petris

Think of all the hours of multimage you could have farmed if you just bought leech and rushed 130 pepehands

• Friendly x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Creative x 1
  6. mard

mard Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    10:51 PM
    Are there still low level leech sellers nowadays?

7. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    You're right but I also regret nothing, I'd have had less fun and just burnt out faster :^)

8. Cerulean

Cerulean Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    10:51 PM
    Ah yes, because the riveting experience of hours and hours of multimage farming is what would have encouraged him to continue playing! If only he had reached that point, he could appreciate how exciting and dynamic this game is :unsure:

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1