1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

I just started, have a question about gach

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by jsteady, Jun 10, 2019.

1. jsteady

jsteady Snail

Jun 9, 2019
    9:22 AM
    sjeady
    Beginner
    Basically, I see gach npcs and understand that they drop after farming mobs? Okay I kinda understand but not really. I don't see gach tickets in the cash shop though. Now, I read somewhere that they used to be in the cash shop? I can't find any explanation anywhere. My question is, how does it work if previous players had access to buy gach tickets in the cash shop and profited from it but then since it's taken away, puts new players at a disadvantage since they never had the opportunity to buy tickets from the CS in the first place. I'm just feeling out this server and seeing if it's worth the grind. Thanks all.

2. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    9:22 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Hi jsteady,

Gachapon was removed earlier this year to lessen vote2win elements from MapleLegends.

You can read up more about it in below links:

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/notice-regarding-gachapon-tickets.24069/

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/regarding-voting-vote-abuse-and-gtop.24150/

While I see your point about old players benefitting from gachapon, it's also worth mentioning that most old players used to spend vote cash on HP Washing instead especially because cash gachapon was very unreliable (gachapon was already nerfed as well). Plus, if we talk about balance between old players vs. new players, gachapon isn't really the most worrisome element (Leeching, for example, is way more consistent way to earn mesos than gacha).

If you are more worried about inflation, most items except godly items are buyable even for newbies if you sell most items you come across instead of throwing them out. Just be conscious of what you spend mesos on. Actually, most prices dropped after gachapon change.

The good thing about gachapon change for beginners is that lvl 50 limit is removed, so if you are lucky, you can start with a decent amount of mesos at earlier level instead of struggling.

Another (debatably) good thing about the change is that vote abuse rule is gone, which was inconsistent and hard to enforce. You can now vote on multiple accounts for whatever you need in each account instead of one at a time and breaking vote streak each time. Note: you need different network to multi-vote.

Edit: buncha edits

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    6:22 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Also another thing to note, before cash gachapon was very, very shitty compared to the gachapon tickets you get from mob drops.

Also, after removing cash gachapon, they increased the drop rates for the mob gachapon, as well as buffing the rewards from them. So trust me when I say that if you are a new player, you are not disadvantaged at all, assuming you are willing to grind your character.