1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Descartar aviso

Make holding maps for >15 minutes while doing nothing griefing.

Tema en 'General Discussion' iniciado por NOCAP, 27 Ene 2021.

1. thedgafclub

thedgafclub Timer

23 Sep 2019
    Femenino
    19:59
    thedgafclub
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Yes I agree. I've never really had a problem with finding 5-6 maps because I've befriended or at least become friendly with a lot of the frequent leechers. If you see the same people day in and day out, why not just become friends with them? If they're holding a map for 2 hours until they can use it again to its full potential, then why not simply ask to borrow the map for 1.5-2 hours?

Alternatively, it's pretty easy just asking everyone in each channel their ETA on when they're leaving. Usually people will either say "soon," "in 2 hours," or "not for a while." If they got there first, then what am I gonna do? Cry about not getting a map? I'll just do something else and try again later.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Jesseaw

Jesseaw Orange Mushroom

25 Nov 2020
    Masculino
    TheMagicStik
    Beginner
    Washing existed in concept on GMS but did not really exist because it cost thousands of dollars to do meaningful washing, here it is just painful time barrier. Therefore it entirely goes against the spirit of GMS in my opinion. It's an exploit that should have been fixed at the onset of the server but instead had become one of the biggest contested things on this server. Fuck the concept of people spending time on washing making it so you can't get rid of it, again its an exploit and exploits should be fixed, if somebody made a billion mesos off of an exploit but he spent a lot of time doing it, do we let him keep the mesos or take them back? There are plenty of options the staff could go with to allow people to get rid of hp washing but still have reasonable hp for end game bossing, 30k hp Nightlords are not right period imo.

Honestly the only people supporting leeching are the ones exploiting it ala you. Leeching was nowhere near this prevalent on GMS and again is only really around because of the changes they have made to OSMS on this server ala multiboxing (which is another huge problem in of itself), x2 exp, and mandatory yet accessible hp washing. Bringing characters that are 100+ levels above the current area they are in to farm for characters that are too low to be in the area is fucking dumb and exploitative and again does not favor new players and is in fact a turn off to this server for many...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. SapphireJ

SapphireJ Dark Stone Golem

30 Ago 2017
    Masculino
    10:59
    HarmonyMagic
    Beginner
    Agape
    If the washing concept did not exist in GMS, it also won't exist here - so this is a pointless sentence. But you need to consider a time barrier versus people who pay 2 win back in 2008-2010.

MapleStory PBB was known for washing to some degree, just that it isn't direct.

You also mentioned 30K HP Night lords - did anyone say you NEED to wash to 30k HP?

You need to look at MapleStory PBB as a long term game, rather than a quick level game like what current MapleStory GMS or MapleSEA is.

In the end, this is what MapleLegends is for 5 coming 6 years, I am afraid to say that if you aren't particularly happy, you're better off playing a No washing, higher exp and no leech server. It won't make sense for MapleLegends to take a turn with a Private Server and Balance model that has made it successful for so many years. Since now you're specifying the "2x EXP", "Multiboxing (multi clienting)" and "mandatory yet accessible HP washing", it seems you have a problem with the current things as a whole.

Also, don't get me started on the issues of Maple GMS (or rather from where I am from, Maple SEA)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

1 Ago 2015
    Femenino
    Seoul, Korea
    11:59
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    This is what happening in ulu2 also. Believe or not, snipe-famed villians have odd friendship among them and giveaway map to each others when they're done with leeching/training. (we feel it's shameful to try to sell map ownership when we're done for using that map.) Ofc, when tomorrow comes, we try to snipe each others again and we don't mind for it, since it's just like 'saying hello' in ulu2. hahaha

Just simple rule. free to snipe each others, it's your fault if you gets sniped, and don't be child for result. If you understand this, you can make many friends in ulu2 guys for sure. just like I do.

FYI : average time for me, to get ulu2 map is like 15mins from I start to scan. sometimes 0sec, sometimes 1hr+. (haven't been more than 2hr since I went to alternative map before hitting 2hr anw LOL) but mostly in 15mins it was. by lots of methods. like, sniping one, getting giveaway from buddies, just taking empty one (hard to believe, but this happens a lot. Link), so on.

I wish, please, don't be child. I'm sure you're not child anymore IRL.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. SapphireJ

SapphireJ Dark Stone Golem

30 Ago 2017
    Masculino
    10:59
    HarmonyMagic
    Beginner
    Agape
    I don't even make a lot of friends with leech sellers and yet I am still ok with finding a map to sell or just waiting later.

This experience alone is better than in 2008-2010, there were so many players that even getting into KPQ/LPQ or even Zakum needed to take hours.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

9 Abr 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here. So far we've had 5 lvl 175+ players who play at these maps a ton, telling you it's not too hard to find maps.

As for leeching. There will always be a demand for leeching because at higher levels, you make more playing on your main than it costs to pay someone to leech your lower level characters. This is just how the the legends economy works. If you get rid of leeching completely, it will be extremely hard for most newer players to make money in the server. At least right now, a newcomer can relatively easily get a bishop to 120 and start making money, so they can wash their attacker.

If you want to criticize other core mechanics of this server, I suggest you play more before you start trying to "fix" everything.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

18 Ene 2016
    Maple Island
    22:59
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Wasn't there a plan to make custom mini dungeons at one point to help combat the over populated areas/mapowner issues? Did that ever happen anywhere or did it get scrapped?

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1

Compartir esta página