1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make Rapid Fire 200% dmg instead 180%

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Eris, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Eris

Eris Horny Mushroom

Nov 8, 2015
    Female
    9:31 AM
    Beginner
    Iv notice most website of BBB show that RF is 200% at max, while in our server its 180%.
    I thought as for the battle ship, at v0.62 its CD increase as the skill lvl increase but after some patches they made it so CD wont change at GMS and i see GM made the same on our server, why cant RF be 200% aswell?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    1:31 AM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    but why

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    12:31 AM
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    Corsairs already do the most damage both as a theoretical maximum and in most bossing situations (counting mount/dismount and boat breakage) when on all party buffs, so I can't see this happening. But if you have other reasons to convince folks of this, I'm all ears!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    4:31 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I believe the 200% for rapid fire must be one of the last few patches before big bang. Since I believe the 180% we took was from v82, iirc. That said, I feel that it's much more rewarding for better gameplay for a corsair if the damage is focused on the ship rather than rapid fire. Also, if gameplay becomes rapid fire oriented, it'll undermine corsair identity for a few reasons.
    1. Using rapid fire predominantly, you'll just be a shittier BM.
    2. Corsairs are supposed to be strongest with SI + SE, or just by yourself. Rapid fire doesn't adhere to either of these notions, as it doesn't benefit from SI. And without SE, your damage is sort of like a NL without SE.
    3. There would be no punishment for not being good at dismounting/mounting and/or dodging attacks.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    3:31 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Rapid fire is the most boring skill for a sair imo. LF> octo bug fix instead

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Eris

Eris Horny Mushroom

Nov 8, 2015
    Female
    Beginner
    I can c ur point.
    Altho NL dont get punish at all but i guess the downside they relay on SE unlike sair.
    Thank u for the explain.
    I had another question, is that possible to make RF useable while floating? Burst fire can be used when float, and RF even got the wings animation.
    That would be nice

7. OP
    OP
    Eris

Eris Horny Mushroom

Nov 8, 2015
    Female
    Beginner
    Tbh i didnt really had a good reason to begin with, was kinda wondering why some changes after v0.62 did made it and some didnt.
    I would say RF dmg is garbage but i really shouldnt relay on it as my main dmg skill

8. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    3:31 PM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    corsair best class in game right now

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Oradious