1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

More channels

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by umaga, Aug 1, 2020.

1. umaga

umaga Orange Mushroom

Sep 10, 2019
    11:20 AM
    Vivid
    Hello,

What if instead of having eight channels ML expanded to ten channels? Thank you for reading my suggestion. Hope to hear from you soon.

Best,

Umaga

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  2. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    8:20 AM
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Hey can we get some discussion on why more channels should be added, because I agree with this suggestion but I don't want it to be removed because it looks like a shitpost (source:me, shitpost expert). I personally feel like horn tail is causing a lot of drama due to the lack of channels, over 20 smegas today!! over a channel getting sniped. Horntail is a long boss so being unable to get a channel is kinda lame especially because some people can only play during certain times. Being unable to find a boss map or training map is what they call big sad, so I'm hoping more channels can be added, especially since we're getting around 2k people online at peak hours and it'll only get BIGGER when summer event hits.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Ben Ten

Ben Ten Slime

Jun 18, 2017
    Male
    Marksman
    I agree completely with OP.

I remember the previous debate for the inclusion of new channels.

Cons of new channels:
    - Lack of player-player interaction. Tbh, there's already so much player-player interaction through surfing channel 1 or the smega spam so I don't believe this is a valid reason anymore.

- Meta maps will always be taken so players are forced to revolutionize a new training map away from the meta maps. I don't think mp3, gs1-6, CDs, duo-FoT, duo-Himes, duo-Gallos, or WR/WS/ulu1-3/1h-2hskeles will ever change. What new training maps were discovered that was competitive to pre-nerf Mannequins? CDs? Just the one map?

From the "New/More Channel" thread:
    by Skarmory ... lmao this didn't age well

tl;dr we need more channels. people have already fought for zak and cwk channels, do we really need to fight for a ht channel? OnionStress

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    9:20 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  5. Xeph

Xeph Horny Mushroom

Jun 15, 2017
    Male
    11:20 PM
    Xeph
    Bishop
    Rmb back then when BangHero posted an apology on Agape sniping a Zak Channel? Some HT users said it was part of old-school GMS and therefore increasing channel wasn't a 'good choice' since we take away old school maple gameplay.

Disclaimer: I am in favor of increasing channel to avoid boss snipings.

• Like Like x 1
  6. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    u don't have to maple tho

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. kissMagE

kissMagE Selkie Jr.

May 28, 2017
    Female
    JoeL
    Beginner
    Pick me please

8. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    Waiting around for a map to train, cwkpq/zak/ht/map boss ect to open up isnt on my list of enjoyable things in the game. So far each channel increase has made the game more enjoyable for me, and lowered frusteration and (unhealthy)competition.

The server feels very lively which is a great thing, I do not believe adding a channel or two would lessen that feeling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    4:20 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    All we need is to make HT prequest less anoying. Make it so you can go inside with the mark of the squad or that every qiest gets you 5 elixers isntead of one (Kinda like Zakum). After that I dont think adding more chs will do much, highly camped bosses will stay highly camped

10. Crayo

Crayo Chronos

Oct 26, 2018
    Male
    Got your HT ch sniped? Player skill issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    That won't change the fact that will be a war over a channel, it will even make it worse.
    Instead of 5 parties fighting over a channel, 7 parties will fight over it.

But nonetheless I think they should make some changes to the prequest..

12. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    I'd like 12 channels for PQ reasons and people selling leech meaning no maps tp train at. :(

13. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    Hey, I'm rather new here and don't know much on the nerf to those monsters, how was the EXP rates, was it difficult to find a channel?

14. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    I agree. I think lots of players really enjoyed the previous two channel increases, which makes me believe that adding one more channel will have a net positive effect as well. I know the potential drawbacks are that (1) everyone is more spread out and (2) more area bosses can be killed. However I think alleviating the current issues with CWK/HT/popular maps will outweigh the costs for (1). Also for area bosses, in my experience it hasn't become easier to get more area bosses, as there are more people trying to camp them now.

BTW, semi-unrelated, but I think a viable solution to our HT troubles is to not tweak HT, but to instead expand the list of alternative activities an HT-level player can do. At the moment, I think making NT bosses more worthwhile is the best alternative. In the future, the PB release will probably help a lot too. I think this would be a solid change because it's not a nerf to anyone, and can't really make anyone upset.

• Agree Agree x 11
  15. echung379

echung379 Brown Teddy

Oct 16, 2017
    Cookiee
    Hero
    +1 for making the NT bosses have better rewards. Unfortunately countless people have advocacted that over numerous threads with no success yet. I hope the staff can reconsider :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    we need some nice meso making alternative. right now ht is the only thi ng profitable .

the rest of the bosses are really bad money making wise. mannes nerf caused mesos to sink a lot and the only good way to make meso now outside ht is by selling leech with a mage. zzz so boring

And the gamemasters aren’t really listening to active player feedback and nerfing what they deem bad.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
  18. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    3:20 PM
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    S> HT track 2b or feetpics

19. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
  20. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    Would making boss channels similar to a mini dungeon help with the overcrowding? So more than one expedition can boss on the same channel? I'm just throwing out ideas, feel free to debunk me if needed MapleF8

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1