1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

MPQ-Adding Overall Armor Int 60% Scroll As a Reward

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by holylightzx, Apr 29, 2024.

1. holylightzx

holylightzx Blue Snail

Dec 27, 2023
    Male
    12:49 PM
    Hi. A lot of new players that do this pq struggle to afford enough pots because enemies hit pretty hard. I was thinking of adding overall armor 60% int scroll as a possible reward as it would help mitigate that problem. I think this can also be used as an incentive to possibly attract more people to do this pq. I think if LPQ has this as a reward and a bonus stage, then I think it would be fair for MPQ to have this as a reward too. Furthermore, I think 100 white and blue pots as rewards should be removed. At that point in the game, those pots are not very helpful. I appreciate your time in reading my posts again.

• Agree Agree x 11
  2. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Horntail

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    4:49 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I believe that an extra incentive would be good for PQs

3. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    3:49 PM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Would be a nice bonus but definitely insufficient to save this pq

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Horntail

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    4:49 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I believe that the worst thing about balancing PQ's ev is finding a point that is profitable but at the same time doesn't fill up with a lot of people "abusing it", I agree with you, but it's bad

5. Kmac

Kmac Orange Mushroom

Jan 15, 2021
    Male
    Kmac
    Beginner
    With the server being so top-heavy into end game, rewards would have to be insanely broken for veteran players to willingly go back to PQ’s. I believe there is plenty of room to buff PQ rewards without it being abused.

It doesn’t even have to be profitable, per se. Taking out useless rewards and replacing them with not-useless rewards is a good start. They don’t have to be “big ticket” items like OA Int 60% as OP referenced. Even axing 100 blue pots for something like a 60% oa dex is an improvement. 300k is better than NPC’ing 100 blue pots.

As it stands currently running PQ is basically negative EV. You are essentially giving up better XP and EV rates (grinding) for a more relaxed and social playstyle by opting to PQ. WHICH IS FINE! PQ’s also have their unique rewards which are helpful to new players and can’t be ignored.

I think realistically we have reached a point in the server that PQ’s will never be attractive enough to bring veteran players back to PQ’s unless the unique PQ reward items become tradeable. In the meantime, adjusting the reward tables so people who run these PQ’s aren’t getting shit on with rewards that don’t respect their time is a good start. 100 blue / white pots from MPQ is honestly so disrespectful.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Krythan

Krythan Headless Horseman

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
  7. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    Just went through PQs on my New Leaf char, ime even for a low lvl unfunded char, PQs are not as effective as farming - that's assuming you can even form a party. The unique equips are nice, but not THAT nice.

I think PQ reward increase would be really nice for new player experience, they could go up quite a bit and still not overshadow farming. The monotony of endlessly running PQs without a 'chase' drop (i.e. gach, valuable scrolls, etc) is a dopamine desert.

8. RemiIia

RemiIia Capt. Latanica

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    ovat int 60%
    erring int 60%
    gfa 60%
    helm dex 10%