1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Important New System for White Scrolls (Feedback Thread)

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Nise, Jul 6, 2021.

How do you feel about the Prestigious Coin system?

Poll closed Jul 14, 2021.
  1. Strongly support

190 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. Slightly support

130 vote(s)
    23.6%
  3. Neutral

90 vote(s)
    16.3%
  4. Slightly oppose

71 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. Strongly oppose

71 vote(s)
    12.9%
  1. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    3:42 AM
    Beginner
    it's not that being tradeable will be an issue, but maybe not alienating players (untradeable ws). where if ws were to be retained as tradeable (less alienating) and coins tradeable, that's cool and may be the nicer approach. By changing ws to be untradeable is kinda a larger change than necessary. as suggested by op, Indirectly directing ws holders to coins is kinda a large push
    mulled with respect to the coin via npc, so 0% dmg range doesnt reward any coins, not mulling service to the boss in general. what was suggested was only if coins were to be untradeable

2. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    The purpose of these coins is to tax WS & CS, as they are currently the standard currency to avoid tax evasion. This is why coins are tradable but WS/CS are not

3. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    3:42 PM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    inb4 archers deny NLs SE to profit more xd

4. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    yea, just saw the "something" under exchange, looks good then. curious how they're gonna figure out x coins for whichever item

• Like Like x 1
  5. Karn

Karn Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    4:42 PM
    Karn, Fayden
    Buccaneer
    Favela
    Anything related to this coming next patch? :)

6. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    MapleF18
    wsprice.JPG

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 3
  7. COYS

COYS Red Snail

Oct 13, 2021
    fishyfish
    I/L Mage
    Do you think increasing the % of WS and CS raffle rate could help with issue?- low possibility
    or
    Making WS CS purchasable from NPC (200m each)- Supply and demand theory
    or
    Making gacha being purchasable with meso (500k common x1) (1m rare x1)- This would create a natural meso sink and still have the aspect of RNG fun :D

8. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    While it will, a second problem will come.
    With these scrolls having unlimited supplies due to NPCs, there will be alot of perfect +7 weapons in the making,

9. COYS

COYS Red Snail

Oct 13, 2021
    fishyfish
    I/L Mage
    But you're making it sound like +7 weapon is easy to make :D
    If using statistic 10%, 1/10 that will take 70ws to make a +7 that is still going to be 70ws x(200m each)=14b meso (and that is if everything goes according to statistic lol in my experience it takes more than 70ws)
    If on average making 25m meso a day it will still take 1.5years to make a perfect weapon. With the introduction of timeless weapons a lot of players are hoarding WS and trying to make that +7 timeless weapon which has caused a huge demand and spike in the price of WS lately. I understand making perfect weapon exclusive extends the game life (time we spend on this game), but it has already been 6 years since the start of the server I think it is about time most player have reached end game and are trying to make their perfect weapon. It's not about making it easy to make perfect weapons/equips but rather making it "possible" for people that are not sweaty 12hrs leech sellers. Making it nearly impossible to make +7 weapons for these end game players will only discourage people to continue.
    Also having ws cs available at NPC creates a huge meso sink which might help solve the inflation on other scrolls

Without a clear goal, there is no hope. (not enough ws supply) Hope of reaching that goal one day is what makes it possible for us to continue. (+7 perfecto weapon aka 14b meso)
    • “Hope can be a powerful force. Maybe there’s no actual magic in it, but when you know what you hope for most and hold it like a light within you, you can make things happen, almost like magic.” – Laini Taylor

10. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    u got +7 i got +7. Wait ur shoe is 25wa my shoe is 25stat. I guess the difference exists to reward the effort u put in :)

11. COYS

COYS Red Snail

Oct 13, 2021
    fishyfish
    I/L Mage
    But without supply how do you cash in your rewards? Just a suggestion to solve the ws cs issue, as I said early most players have reached end game and have enough meso, but the supply is low. Since player count has gone down now that the vaccine and covid is under control in most countries, people are quitting and going back to real life. Less player count= less gacha= less ws cs scrolls= inflation.
    If you want to solve this issue you need to put more supply in the market to balance the demand or else the cost of ws and cs will get out of hand to a point where it will be pointless for casual players to continue to play

12. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    or you could always use 30% for the 1st 2-4 slot, afterall its a rng game

13. AssamMilkTea

AssamMilkTea King Slime

Nov 28, 2020
    Vereinigte Staaten
    Milkerino
    Ex-mapler here but interested by the proposal. The effect of price control on the scrolls coupled with the separation of the currency aspect and consumption aspect do address the issue of peasants being unable to afford these hyperinflating items.

Players can still hoard prestige coins but I am pretty sure with the removal of WS/CS from the free market, hyperinflation will not be an issue.
    A question though, will 'x' change?

Suppose:
    x - number of coins per scroll, the same 'x' in OP's post
    y - number of mesos per coin, which has a tendency to stabilise as people get coins from boss runs
    k = x * y = number of mesos per scroll
    If 'x' were fixed, people can hoard the coins, y increases, and cause WS/CS to be less accessible as k increases (back to square one)
    I will assume 'x' will be a value that reacts to 'y', set by the mods periodically.
    [​IMG]
    I can still see a way to profit of this system (which is not a bad thing).
    Suppose I start with an investment of 1 meso.
    Balance{Scrolls, Coins, Mesos} = [0, 0, 1]
    [​IMG]
    Schritt eins: hoard the coins, reducing supply and appreciating value, 'y' increases
    Balance{Scrolls, Coins, Mesos} = [0, 1, 0]
    [​IMG]
    Schritt zwei: mods decrease 'x' so that number of mesos per scroll is fixed (for k=x*y, 'x' and 'y' are inversely proportional)
    Balance{Scrolls, Coins, Mesos} = [0, 1, 0]
    [​IMG]
    Schritt drei: convert coins into scrolls while x remains low; with x being small, i can get more scrolls with same number of coins
    Balance{Scrolls, Coins, Mesos} = [2, 0, 0]

Schritt vier: end the hoarding of coins, allow y to restabilize through bossing or other natural means of acquiring coins
    [​IMG]
    Schritt fünf: mods increase 'x' as a reaction to 'y'
    [​IMG]
    Schritt sechs: sell your scrolls for coins, and your coins for mesos
    Balance{Scrolls, Coins, Mesos} = [0, 0, 2]

Schritt sieben? Profitieren, mein freund. Profitieren!

Now, I am probably being smooth brain and this plan probably will not work but it is fun to theorise.

I can see this failing if:
    i. coins become difficult to hoard due to ease of obtaining.
    ii. mods refuse to allow x to react to y (sacrificing new players' access to CS/WS to counteract hoarding)
    iii. lack of coordination among hoarders, which may cancel out each others effects as some hoard while others unhoard?

Looking at the big picture, the cost of scrolls in terms of mesos will remain constant for the most part, it's just the value of prestige coins that oscillates. Reminds me of when Brazil pulled a big brain move by introducing a secondary currency URV to curb hyperinflation
    Anyways, kudos to whoever was the big rough brein behind this :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    10:42 PM
    Hero
    nice! add this and remove mages and you have yourself the maple utopia

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1