1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pickpocket change

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Soblet, Nov 10, 2023.

1. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    5:42 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Hello mooplers,

Currently chief bandits pickpocket skill is in a rather poor spot as the mesos generated cannot be used to meso explode due to the low meso count per drop and because of this the only use for the generated mesos is to pick them up. To get an idea, roughly netting you about 50-250k meso per party member for boss runs or 1m extra per hour when grinding depending on a lot of factors.

However,

Whenever mesos are being picked up (or anything really) it has the potential to disrupt other actions such as attacking or using potions since only one action is able to be performed at once. And since mesos are split between party members using pickpocket during a boss run has the potential to disrupt your less optimal jobbed teammates potion/skill use which could be considered less than ideal.

So,

I suggest the current cap of 200 mesos per drop to be increased to 4000 mesos and the chance of mesos to drop to 3% (at max level pickpocket), the minimum amount dropped could be increased to 200 mesos. For example if you deal 5k damage currently you have a 60% chance of getting 50 mesos which would turn into a 3% chance of 1000 mesos.

Overlapping actions would become much less of a problem due to the lower count of meso stacks dropped while keeping the total amount generated the same, but this also means the mesos dropped can actually be used to meso explode with for a small damage boost, especially at a shadowers early/midgame where they cannot generate as much damage yet through their other skills.

I'm mostly posting this to gather opinions but if this were to be considered for implementation that would be cool too ^_^. In that case please also consider https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/meso-explosion-knockback-direction.51386/

Thank you for reading and please let me know what you think.

• Great Work Great Work x 16
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    8:42 AM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    ME is such a cool skill it'd be awesome if we could use it more. Sometimes I blow up stacks of pick pocket meso and the damage is barely the same as a single assassinate which is sad

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    12:42 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I support your suggestion

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. MGTOWMONEY

MGTOWMONEY Orange Mushroom

Mar 30, 2020
    Male
    10:42 AM
    MGTOW
    Warrior
    How about:
    keep it the same 200 meso cap and 60% for monsters.
    Increase meso cap but reduce drop % for bosses.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    I'm not entirely understanding this suggestion but if its about the damage thats done then why not just increase the damage per meso?

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    No this is about reducing "lag" with the added benefit of giving meso explosion more use outside of third job grinding.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I don't see why, lowering the amount of stacks dropped is also beneficial to prevent overlapping actions while grinding.

8. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Ah, I see thank you for explaining!

Yeah, that would be nice for a lot of players like the change with Assassinate in the past ^_^

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Wannes t

Wannes t Slime

May 7, 2022
    Male
    Fortwendy
    Chief Bandit
    Yes, yes, yes ! Do this, this is awesome ! Would also make in viable to weave in a ME every now and again if no one picks up the bags. And who doesn’t love the sound of mesos blowing up

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. MGTOWMONEY

Mar 30, 2020
    Male
    MGTOW
    Warrior
    You can have up to 3 pets looting mesos. For bosses, you can just have meso magnet on, but not item magnet (so you don't loot item drops).

I am not following:
    "Whenever mesos are being picked up (or anything really) it has the potential to disrupt other actions such as attacking or using potions since only one action is able to be performed at once. And since mesos are split between party members using pickpocket during a boss run has the potential to disrupt your less optimal jobbed teammates potion/skill use which could be considered less than ideal."

Since the pet is picking up the mesos using meso magnet, it's not disrupting anything. I'm not seeing how it could disrupt anything, could you elaborate?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    First off, a bit offtopic, but since the sweeper nerf where your pet can no longer loot items while in dark sight it is ok imo for thieves to leave their item magnet on as long as they enter dark sight as the boss goes down (I've made this a habit and it works very well). You only need to make sure you are not seduced at that point which is only possible at some bosses. This works nicely at bosses where you might want to loot summons drops like at Core Blaze.

Your pet looting mesos counts as an action for everyone receiving the mesos, which due to mesos being shared among party members is everyone in your party in the same map any time you loot any amount of mesos. The high volume of mesos currently looted through pickpocket makes this an issue which this suggestion could somewhat alleviate. The same principle applies to grinding where you cannot cast a skill at the same time your pet is looting items/mesos making for less fluent gameplay.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2023
  12. MGTOWMONEY

Mar 30, 2020
    Male
    MGTOW
    Warrior
    cannot cast a skill at the same time your pet is looting items/mesos.

Which skills cannot be cast same time as pet looting? I haven't found that to be an issue. Only 2 skills I can think of are dark sight/barrel, where the pet doesn't loot.

• Like Like x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Any skill, even basic attack or using a potion/pet autopot counts as an action which can be interrupted.

Outside of pickpocket it is also very noticeable at the CWKPQ bonus stage when people are looting the mesos and you are trying to open the chests.

I guess it's kindof like snowshoes vs non snowshoes on anything but ice where some people don't notice the difference but it is definitely there.

For reference here's what blowing up 20x4k bags looks like, it seems like a decent dpm increase to me but after seeing xiaoyaozxiaoyaoz do some calculations on this it turns out to be a rather small dpm increase. Regardless, if considered too much of a buff I would gladly give up IED in favor of this more active gameplay.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. Milkydoor

Milkydoor Master Chronos

Feb 10, 2020
    The only time my bishop's autopot ever failed was allegedly because of Soblet's pickpocket - excellent assassination attempt.

Might as well buff pickpocket against bosses at the same time so it's more than a small dpm increase. Maybe you'll get yourselves one more endgame shad main?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. MGTOWMONEY

Mar 30, 2020
    Male
    MGTOW
    Warrior
    Can you do a DPM test on an easy boss like krex/scar with
    1) Assassinate, no pickpocket
    2) Assassinate, with pickpocket, with pet meso magnet

You mentioned that pet loot can affect attack, so I am curious if there is a noticeable difference that can affect DPM.

I have noticed the snowshoes on regular ground before being able to turn faster.

16. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    FoxHehe

Shadowers are very much fine imo, could just use a bit more interesting gameplay.

17. xBowtjuhNL

xBowtjuhNL Red Snail

Feb 13, 2021
    Male
    Marksman, Magician
    yes please this must be the reason of all my deaths (outside of poison 1/1 of course).

But without kidding, i like this idea :) Should improve the stability of a party during boss runs as well.

• Like Like x 2
  18. asdsaou

asdsaou Mushmom

Oct 10, 2021
    Male
    asdsaou2
    Corsair
    What if, instead of the meso dropping on the floor, it was immediately deposited into just the shad's inventory instead?

19. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    I would be fine with this, making it work like Steal for Meso specifically. Pickpocket is a nuisance and causes more problems (pet failures) than what it’s worth.

20. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    But I wanna blow up the giant stacks of pickpocket meso sometimes, it's really weirdly sastisfying :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1