1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Wipe / Bishop Changes Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by WEED_JESUS, Jul 23, 2016.

[SELECT ALL THAT APPLY] Hypothetically, what balance changes would you like to see made to bishops?

Poll closed Aug 6, 2016.
  1. Nerf Leech

32.9%
  2. Nerf/Ban Self-Leech/Multi-Clienting

28.8%
  3. Nerf Holy Symbol

19.2%
  4. Balance Holy Symbol to Encourage Larger Parties

57.5%
  5. Penalize Bishops for Using Elemental Wands (Nerf Luckless Bishops)

30.1%
  6. Other [Post about it]

5.5%
  7. None

23.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. danielking

danielking Red Snail

Mar 3, 2016
    Male
    scania
    4:16 AM
    theking
    Assassin
    flow
    the problem with bening vmware is that it puts people with 2 computers at an advntege(pay2win) , so ban ip address you say
    1. it will make it so that people who live together can not play together.
    2. its still easy to cheat
    3. because theres such a small active community PQs are played using vmware. so thats dead if theres no Multi-clienting

2. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    3:16 AM
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    VMWare makes it so than people without 2 computers can dual/triple/quadruple log. VMWare isn't a different PC o-o

3. danielking

danielking Red Snail

Mar 3, 2016
    Male
    scania
    theking
    Assassin
    flow
    I know thats why i'm aginst removeing it

4. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    3:16 AM
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    I guess I misunderstood your english

• Like Like x 3
  5. danielking

danielking Red Snail

Mar 3, 2016
    Male
    scania
    theking
    Assassin
    flow
    Sorry i'l work on it

• Like Like x 1
  6. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    7:16 PM
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    Whats all this then?

Are we complaining about jobs again?

7. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Apparently. Not that I think anything will change, though, honestly. :p

8. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    I didn't really read any of the thread, so who knows what I missed.

That being said, why would we change anything? The jobs are all fine the way they are.

Just like the game of real life, it is full of choices. You can become a surgeon and make tons of money. Or you can flip burgers at McDonalds and make very little.

Sure, you might not want to be a surgeon because you prefer flipping burgers and thats what you like to do... that is not a reason that your job should be more "balanced" and comparable to a surgeons in terms of what you get out of it.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    That... really isn't a fair or valid comparison at all. Maybe you better just read the damn thread.

• Like Like x 2
  10. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    Idk I just assumed someone doesn't like how bishops, leech, and HS works, looking at the poll options.

In which case my comparison is totally spot on :eek:

• Like Like x 3
  11. danielking

danielking Red Snail

Mar 3, 2016
    Male
    scania
    theking
    Assassin
    flow
    The point is that a srgeon is hard and bishop is easy and boring so its more like you can be a srgeon and make a small amout of money or flip burgers and make a shit-ton, then it makes sense.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  12. xNator

xNator Chronos

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    8:16 PM
    xNator
    Night Lord
    Eternal
    Its easier for bishops to 1hit skeles, where 1hitting actually matters. So if an arch mage 2hits at skeles and a bishop 1hits, your looking at 14k mp vs. 3.5k mp. Wow!

13. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    This feels like I'm standing in line at the bank. Half the people are actually waiting for their turn when they got there, and the other half are just cutting in line to the front, going between the posts and under the rope boundaries, pushing everyone aside.

So the other guys actually waiting there and I get tired of seeing this and just shout at everyone. "Stop! This would all be much more fair if we waited in line!"

And the other people just look at us like we're idiots, because at this bank cutting in line is allowed.

--

So I guess the question is, if cutting in line is allowed, why am I not doing it as well? Because I choose not to, and I wish more people would choose the same.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Lyn00

Lyn00 Capt. Latanica

Sep 4, 2015
    Female
    Taiwan,Taipei
    9:16 AM
    Natto
    Corsair
    Halcyon
    Corsair number 1 damage
    nuff said

• Like Like x 2
  15. Spooky

Spooky Brown Teddy

Mar 27, 2015
    2:16 AM
    You know, I was very one-sided and hostile earlier in this thread, but I must admit I didn't think it through. I am all for nerfing leech and I still don't see the need to nerf Bishops or have a wipe, but I can see where everyone is coming from, now. Sorry for shitting up your thread, Lion. I'll make like Stefan Molyneux and have a proper argument next time.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Diego

Diego Capt. Latanica

Jun 7, 2015
    8:16 PM
    The goddess has spoken. Period.

17. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Not an argument! Haha, it's cool you know who that guy is.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Oh by the way. I just wanted to point out that saying, "arch mages can 1shot more mobs" doesn't matter either. And the reason is that all mob spawns are on a 10 second timer. Go and count for yourself. Go to a map and start killing mobs. Then notice when mobs spawn. Start counting seconds and keep killing. At 10 seconds, more mobs spawn. Dead monsters only spawn on these 10-second intervals, on random platforms where there is room for more spawn.

So once anyone starts being able to 1-shot 16 mobs on the screen at once, the amount of monsters on the map drastically decreases. Skeles is the only map I know of with such a high number of high level mobs packed together. Any other place, you can't consistently get 16+ mobs with every mob spawn interval just standing in one spot.

Within this 10 second period, a powerful arch mage could wipe out a bunch of other mobs (not just skeles) in just one cast of their ultimate... and then, there's probably nothing else to kill for 6 more seconds. Maybe if they teleport around and climb a bit, they can find some more mobs, but it's not worth the time and MP cost, and by then they aren't in their old spot to nuke the new spawning mobs.

A bishop on the other hand just has to cast genesis twice to more than accomplish the same thing. And note that 2 gens is much more powerful than any one meteor or blizzard, and with half MP cost, 2 genning is nothing to complain about at all.

The whole error in the logic of thinking that simply being able to 1shot mobs earlier or at all with mage ultimates is that there are only so many mobs available to kill, and their population is replenished only once every 10 seconds... which is enough to cast your ultimates about 3 times anyhow.

• Like Like x 1
  19. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    What? Mobs dont follow the 10 second timer as a rule of thumb. Skele isnt an exception to such a rule either.

Voodoos is a good example. You can one hit all of them at once on the map, they wil all respawn at the same time within 1 to 2 seconds. Or if you kill just one, it will typically take a while for it to respawn back to bring the map count back to 4.

Maybe it does take more seconds for a dead mob to spawn back on a map where the other mobs are not being killed fast. But if youre talking about AM being able to 1hit more mobs, then the mobs respawn almost instantly after being killed. It just depends on how good you are at placing yourself on the map to maximize the number of mobs hit.

And whether you one hit many mobs or just a couple, your spawn will never exceed the max map amount. The spawn doesnt just "decrease" like that once you start one hitting.

20. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    Doesnt matter what is easy and what is hard. The point is, you have the ability to make the choice to benefit yourself just like everyone else. Its entirely your own fault if you choose not to take advantage of something that is readily made available to everyone equally.

If you were given the option to type something on a computer or with pen and paper, and you were rewarded based on how much you wrote, you would be a fool to choose pen and paper, no matter how much you preferred it over the computer. Its a free choice.