1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Project WIP: ML Web Apps That Never Became

Discussion in 'Programming' started by kiwiz, Aug 16, 2023.

1. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    6:08 PM
    Hi, I'm currently in the process of learning to develop simple web apps using Blazor. To make my learning experience more enjoyable, I've decided to create simple web apps around MapleLegends.

These projects could be anything from calculators to simulators, records, charts, or anything gimmicky. You are free to share your ideas, or something you’ve done, and I might steal pick and put them in perpetual work in progress state.

Current WIPs:
    • none

Completed?!!:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    I’ll start with one.

MapleStory Die Roll

Objective: Create an application that simulates rolling stat points for character creation in the game. The application will generate random rolls for four different stats (STR, DEX, INT, LUK) while adhering to specific constraints.

Functionality:
    1. User Interface:
      • The user interface will consist of a button labeled "Roll Dice" and a section to display the rolled stats.

2. Roll Dice Function:
      • When the user clicks the "Roll Dice" button, the app will generate random rolls for the four stats.

3. Rolling Logic:
      • A random number generator will be used to simulate dice rolls.
      • Each stat will roll between 4 and 12 (inclusive).
      • The total sum of rolled stat points will be 25.

4. Display Result:
      • The rolled stats will be displayed in the following format:

STR: <value>
        DEX: <value>
        INT: <value>
        LUK: <value>

Where <value> represents the rolled value for each stat.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2023
  3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    12:08 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    I think you and I have both dabbled a fair bit in scrolling (cost) calculators. I feel like it'd benefit a large number of (overpricing dummies) players of the community if this were widely available as a web app.

It'd also take very little coding knowledge!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Oh yeah, eventually I'll try put it up after I've milked enough.

Anyway, first completed(?) project: MapleStory Die Roll. No fancy graphics.
    Link: https://blazorplayground.syncfusion.com/rjVqtbWRSCJpVvxn
    Press Run to build the app. Not virus.

IMG_5580.jpg

I haven't prep any hosting yet, so it's temporarily saved there until I get something free, like Azure or Netlify.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  5. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    4:08 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Thatd be so nice to calculate when the diminishing returns comes into play...

6. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Alrightttttt, here it goes. This will probably take a while because of the UI.

Scrolling Cost and Probability Analyser

Objective:
    Create an application that enables users to calculate the expected production cost and success probability for scrolling an item in a sequence, based on input such as item cost, scroll cost, and scrolling sequence. The app will allow users to analyze up to 10 slots of scrolling.

Functionality:
    1. User Interface:
      • The user interface will consist of input fields for item cost, scroll cost, and the sequence of scrolling. Users can input values for each slot.

2. Calculation Logic:
      • The app will calculate the expected production cost and success probability for each slot of scrolling.
      • It will use a mathematical formula to determine the expected values, based on the provided input.

3. Scrolling Sequence:
      • Users will provide a sequence of scrolls for each slot, denoting the success or failure of each scroll attempt.

4. Expected Production Cost:
      • The app will calculate the cumulative cost for each slot, considering the item cost, scroll cost, and prior slot costs.

5. Success Probability:
      • The probability of success for each slot will be calculated using the provided sequence of scrolls.

6. Display Result:
      • The calculated expected production cost and success probability for each slot will be displayed in a tabular format.
      • Each row of the table will represent a slot, displaying the slot number, cost, and success probability.

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    IMG_5586.jpg

I’ve got something running on my own netlify account.

Yeah, it looks like a spreadsheet and that’s where I’m gona code my calculations in.

Why not just share my google sheet? I’m learning to make web apps, dumbass.

8. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Hey!

I've put up the die roll.
    https://dierolling.netlify.app/

dierolling.png

And also the scrolling cost thingy.
    https://scrollingcost.netlify.app/
    (change numbers in purple boxes)

I haven't implement error handling so will break if you delete things you shouldn't or enter letters instead of numbers.
    Just reload if broken, you'll have to re-enter the numbers, and that will be unfortunate.

I'll try to update in the future. Currently really busy with work stuff.

Enjoy!

scrollingcost.png

Edit:
    I’ve forgotten to include credits in the page. Will do so at the soonest chance possible.

I used https://github.com/anmcgrath/BlazorDatasheet for the spreadsheet.

• Great Work Great Work x 5
  9. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Ops, there’s a missing “%” in one of the buttons. Gotta wait at least 12 hrs before I can fix that.

If you didn’t notice, now you know.

10. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    I’ll put up another so there’s always something WIP.

HP Washing 101 Certification

Objective: Create a quiz web app designed to evaluate players' basic knowledge of HP washing.

Functionality:
    1. Quiz Questions: The app will feature a series of multiple-choice questions related to HP washing. Each question will present four possible answers, with only one being the correct choice.

2. Quiz Completion: Users will need to answer all questions correctly to successfully complete the quiz.

3. Certification: Upon successfully answering all questions correctly, users will be rewarded with a mock "HP Washing 101 Certification" as a recognition of their basic proficiency in HP washing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    You're wild thank you!

12. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Hm, is there a way to factor in boom rate of scrolls so it will tell you likelihood of a boomed item as you experiment with different combo's of scrolls?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2023
  13. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Hmm. Perhaps the chance of surviving without boom? Which is to add the probability of pass and fail without boom.

So first slot with 70% scroll has 85% chance of survival. Second slot with another 70% scroll will be 72.25%, third slot with 30% scroll will be 46.9625% and so on.

May have partially scrolled items to recover some cost, so usually is slightly less than the expected cost.

14. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Exactly, so it showed % of boom at each slot alongside the other stats. not needed just would be an interesting statistic to see so you can visualize how many items you would have leftover

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    The % of boom at each slot is would be whichever scroll you use. 30% scroll would be 35% boom, 70% scroll would be 15% boom.

It makes sense to show the not boom (pass + fail no boom) but having say, 72.25% chance of survival, is NOT equal to 27.75% boom chance, as there is no way to show beyond the boomed event since they don’t exist anymore. The boom % doesn’t go more than whatever the scroll’s boom chance is.

Edit:
    If you meant is the chance of a boom event overall till this point then yes, 27.75% would be the chance of boom if you scroll 2x70%, and not if you scroll 70% on the 2nd slot there will be 27.75% chance to boom.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    I’m no mathematician so every time I think of these my brain folds inward it hurts.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  17. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    To your credit I calculated my estimated cost of 2x30 on a timeless bow and surprisingly we were very close together once I punched in numbers. Within margin of error, I didn't expect to see the cost go from 2b->10b with my scrolling though thats the numbers I really wanted to see with this calculator. Pain

18. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Yeah, with 30%, things go out of hand very fast. I usually wouldn’t consider scrolling anything beyond 2x30%.

I often use this calculation to decide if a purchase is worth and how much I’m willing to offer beyond the expected production cost.

But that’s not all. The expected item usage is also a big deciding factor as well. Even if an item is priced beyond the expected production cost, if the expected item usage is a large amount, then often it’s still worth it.

You can view the item usage as a relation to time as well, larger amount means you probably need a longer time to produce them. Unless it’s an item of unlimited supply, like bathrobes, although there’s also scroll supply to consider as well.

19. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    I’ve never roll gamble before, so I thought maybe I could make something similar to play around with.

MapleLegends Roll Gamble

Objective: Create a web app that mimics the roll gamble games played by players in the MapleLegends server, as described in the guide here.

Functionality:
    1. Game Selection: The app will offer a selection of roll gamble games, including options like regular roll and suicide roll.

2. Betting System: Users can place bets with virtual web app currency. The app will simulate the betting process, allowing players to input their desired wagers.

3. Bot Opponent: Players will compete against a bot that utilizes the same RNG, creating a fair and challenging experience.

4. Currency Reset: Currencies used within the app will not persist across sessions; they will reset upon page refresh.

• Like Like x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    I’m just putting ideas out. No guarantee I’ll make them!!!

Item Stats Scroll Matching:

Objective: Create a web app scrolling simulator, but with a challenge to match the stats of a scrolled item by using a combination of scrolls on a clean item.

Functionality:
    1. Item Presentation: Players are presented with a scrolled item, along with its current stats.

2. Clean Item: Players are given a clean version of the same item which they will use to scroll and match the scrolled item.

3. Scroll Inventory: Players have access to a virtual inventory of various scrolls, including 10%, 30%, 60%, 70%, 100%, chaos, clean slate and white scrolls.

4. Scrolling Process: Players drag and drop scrolls from their inventory onto the clean item to enhance its stats. They can choose the order in which they apply the scrolls.

5. Matching Challenge: The challenge is to achieve stats on the clean item that exactly match the stats of the presented scrolled item. This requires strategic use of scrolls to avoid over-scrolling or falling short of the target stats.

• Like Like x 1