1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Purchasable "AP resets"

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Miguel., Jul 20, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Miguel.

Miguel. Red Snail

May 7, 2021
    Male
    3:16 PM
    MrPhenom
    Bishop
    Chroma
    Hi All,

I'll like to make a suggestion on making it possible or available to purchase AP Resets with donor points. In doing so it will both save time to the players while also giving back to the Host, Staff, Etc "Whoever the donates goes to".

I for one is in the mists of washing a NL but we all know it could take up to 1.5 years or later. possibly sooner depending on the HP Goal I'm trying to achieve.

It's a win-win for all and just something as an optional choice just as washing is optional in MapleLegends Purchasing AP Resets with donor will still be available paid or free with daily voting.

• Disagree Disagree x 18
  2. Kanashimi

Kanashimi Brown Teddy

Nov 5, 2017
    Male
    9:16 PM
    Kanashimi
    Night Lord
    Essence
    Thats the definition of pay2win.
    Saying its optional will not change that fact, it gives u an advantage over others.

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. OP
    OP
    Miguel.

Miguel. Red Snail

May 7, 2021
    Male
    3:16 PM
    MrPhenom
    Bishop
    Chroma
    Not exactly it's not like it's unlocking the option to use any character you wish to wash as washing is still only optional in ML.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    8:16 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Thanks for putting in the effort to writing a suggestion, though I have to inform you that this server is not looking to create any kind of pay2win situations or anything that resembles it.
    Everyone is free to donate as they wish but should never feel like they are massively missing out if they don't, this creates an unfair playing field.

As for washing itself, people often overstate how long it actually takes to have a playable character or fail to see how much time grinding up to endgame and creating funds also takes. There's a certain balance in those.

We also have been working on some changes in the background to try and tackle some negative aspects of washing/not washing.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I wouldn't mind it gameplay wise but it's a bad look for the server and you already know people will spend more than they should.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    4:16 PM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    I understand your point, but can't agree with that, this is definitely a pay-to-win situation.
    Washing isn't nearly as optional if you want to actually play the whole game, and you know that thats the reason why you're asking for it anyways.
    And like nightz said, people overestimate ALOT how much time you need to start playing a washing character, if you're waiting for nx probably you did something wrong, i started playing at february from 0 and already have an shadower with 4 int with a potential of 20k hp, even makin overkill on his wash, washing any ranged to a playable situation is about 6~7 months (19k potential) or even less.
    While i agree with hp washing being extremly harmful to the server QoL, its because how you ruin your character forever, not because it takes a long time, damn, its not easy funding and leveling this character, if you really want nx that fast multimage is the way, you can reduce the time gate for almost 50% of the time (or even more) playing around 3 hours a day, or even less if you got more mages, if you can get an nightlord to 160 and fund it before 3~4 months, you really deserve a trophy

Making it attached to mesos would be better discussion, i don't agree with that (kinda like the timegate so i can chill) but is debatable

7. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    12:16 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Having an npc that sells ap resets for something like 10m would probably fix alot of the issues in the economy. Also, hp washing is no longer strictly "time-gated" because nx cards drop from monsters. You can farm monsters to increase the speed at which you wash - if you don't like the rates, well then you can look into more efficient farming metas.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. CreamPuffDad

CreamPuffDad Timer

Jun 29, 2022
    Male
    3:16 AM
    xLianneBelle
    Dark Knight
    Bonerwood
    I don't like hp washing either but let me explain why the others are saying 1 to 2 years is unrealistic.

Unless you are aiming for something like 30k hp on a night lord or something like that, you don't need to have so much int that it cripples your character. Usually even 120-200 will suffice.

There's typically two schools of thought on this process of adding INT, the first being incrementally increasing INT alongside your main stat, and the second is going balls to the wall and pump everything into INT the moment you have enough stats to do your first job advancement. The first option let's you be mostly self sufficient at the cost of additional Neckson whereas the second option makes your character unplayable early, but gets it ready faster.

The first option let's you play for as long as you like, the only real obstacle comes once you've hit your target INT and need to start MP washing. That's a hard gate in the form of Neckson.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    12:16 PM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Pay2win is a blight on modern gaming and has sucked any fairness or fun away from essentially all mobile games, and will continue to ruin titles as it comes to more console/PC titles. It has no place here.

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. CreamPuffDad

CreamPuffDad Timer

Jun 29, 2022
    Male
    3:16 AM
    xLianneBelle
    Dark Knight
    Bonerwood
    In summary, make 8 arch mages and go nuts farming. You solve both issues at once. :D

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    No.

However, as stated by the roadmap we are working on hopefully making the whole time-gated problem with washing a less garbage situation than what it is right now. This is not the solution to that though.

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2