1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

range (ATK) of 1 Handed swords

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Magen, Mar 2, 2021.

your opinion -

1. Agree

10 vote(s)
    25.6%
  2. Disagree

24 vote(s)
    61.5%
  3. Agree, with different idea.

5 vote(s)
    12.8%
  1. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    1:48 PM
    I don't even know why this thread exists.

The benefit of 1h sword over 2h sword is that you can reach max speed without si, and hence 1h sword is the better option in a no-si scenario. If you make 1h swords provide the same dmg output as 2h sword then 2h swords will be useless because there's no benefit in having a 2h sword if you need si to function. Might as well go 1h and booster and save yourself the hassle of getting si.

Stop comparing in an SI scenario. The advantage of a 1h wep is that you don't need SI and you perform much better without SI.

If we're talking pink bean as end game then yeah there might be buccs there so use 2h there, but if the other end game as it is right now is 6man HT, you won't necessarily have a bucc in every 6man HT squad and so having a decent 1h/shield set will shine there as it'll perform much better than the 2h counterpart. You aren't crippled in a 6man HT squad that has no SI.

• Agree Agree x 12
  2. A_Azou

A_Azou Blue Snail

Feb 5, 2021
    Male
    3:48 PM
    Azou
    Warrior, Magician
    Ohana
    2h swords and 1h swords are built for different purposes, by playing 1h sword + shield you do get less damage but the play style is aimed for “tankier” build, however defense in this game does nothing as we all wash hp (which is not optional if you wanna boss and have end game content), I would understand the damage diff if there was something else to balance it, but since there’s no other option I agree with Magen’s opinion

3. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    1:48 PM
    That something else is speed and self-reliance.

No Si: 1h sword > 2h sword
    With SI: 2h sword > 1h sword.

If you buff 1h sword to be equal to 2h sword as per this guy's suggestion then you get the following:

No Si: 1h sword > 2h sword
    with SI: 1h sword = 2h sword

I ask you this, then, why go 2h at this point? Currently 1h gives you the ability to deal more dmg without si.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    Im not sure about the apple buff mechanics works, but with 1handed sword you get less range than 2handed sword (its something about 800 gap between them).
    so if you go on apple terms, 2handed always>1handed. this is a benefit you cant ignore.
    what im asking is make the following
    with Si :1h sword <= 2handed sword.
    what do I mean? with Si it will be easier to beat 1handed sword as 2handed but in the other hand, 1handed sword user could be comperative enough to 2handed sword in terms of Si.
    Because you will need a shield and 1handed sword that cost tons (each) just to be enough comperative.
    Also, this will bring back to life speed 5 swords which I think will be a pleasant change to the game.
    Why do i assume Si is something you get either way in end game bosses?
    Because buccaneers are needed not only for Si the team.
    when I host 6man run, I prefer bucc than other attacker also for TL, so even if I dont need Si for my self, i would take Bucc for TL (with no offense of buccaneer damage which is also not bad at all!) to get extra ress in case something bad happend.
    This is why in my opinion, Si need to be taken as neturally point as we speaking about endgame content.

5. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    8:48 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/paladin-damage-comparison-20wa-shield.36404/

useful dpm chart for 1h vs 2h sword, using a realistic 20 atk shield

without SI, NT 1h, timeless 1h, reverse 1h and carabella seems to be pretty strong, topping over every 2h except for ST in terms of DPM.
    If we make 1h's DPM to be as strong as 2h when SI, then its only fair that we also NERF 1h's DPM when not having SI, aka shifting attack speed from fast (5) to normal (6)

6. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    9:48 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    +1.

Just get both settings and switch in conditions rather than argue endlessly. That's much more realistic solution.

7. stomachache

stomachache Horny Mushroom

Mar 11, 2020
    Tokyo
    Remorse
    Hero
    Colors
    In before your next post comes in as "pls make claymore's speed faster because i realized sparta sucks for hero and im not dedicated to make/scroll a 23+ attack shield so I've switched to claymore but I can't find buccs for my 6man ht run and i cant be bothered to bring in my own si mule but I still want to do good easy damage compared to stonetooth users".

8. OP
    OP
    Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    It's ok to disagree but your toxic vibe is what I intetially asked to avoid from.
    Yes I'm using Sparta and I'm also playing maple for the style.
    All I'm saying is 15% boost to str which 2handed users win over 1 handed users make 5 speed swords less viable and even if we take perfect 17 slots of 1 handed speed 4 user there is still 10% and greater gap between a user that perfect 7 slots item.
    Mesos is not my problem, yeah I could just buy an over kill sword but I would still prefer to use 1 handed sword for the style of it.

The suggestion in short - let the items win and not the a boost formula behind scenes. Which is also true for maces and axes but as I said, there is already a post about it

9. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    5:48 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I think you should learn how damage actually works in maplestory before making balance suggestion threads.

• Agree Agree x 14
  10. Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    1H fast(4) is the best only w/o SI. MapleF12
    2H normal(6) is the best only with SI. MapleF12
    ST fast(5) is good for both! MapleF14

11. ma3ohma3

ma3ohma3 Chronos

Mar 5, 2021
    Not sure which end game content you refer to? But I often see heroes hanging on ropes for their dear life in 6man HT as SED. The DPM doesn't really matter as long as the run doesn't fail.
    About the gain from apples, you are better off playing NL if you really want the maximum returns from consuming an apple.

+1

12. wanpi12456

wanpi12456 Timer

May 19, 2019
    Male
    Taiwan
    PrEP
    Paladin
    Beaters
    Here is the data of end-game gear paladin
    +7weapon
    20wa shield
    10wa mon
    14wa cape
    21wa glove

Paladin damage comparison 20wa shield

I'd say none of swords is the worst and none of swords is the best.
    dpm change in different circumstances.

I do agree to let Maple Warrior Shield to be an achieve-able choice. But they are so rare in MapleLegends. Which makes 1h weapon at a bad spot right now.

Some messages to GM :
    Please give 1h weapon a chance.
    With 2020 anniversary maple weapon upgrade system, there were no people willing to upgrade "Maple Shield" to "Maple Warrior Shield".
    As a one of the end-game viable gear, "Maple Warrior Shield" should not be treated like that.
    The upgrade system totally gives NO HOPE for 1 hand weapon user.
    Especially to old play-style paladin, which is using crushed skull(1h bw) + shield.
    btw You can try to owl Maple warrior shield and see what you get. hehe.
    NiseNise

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. OP
    OP
    Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    I honestly gave up.
    As a hero I have 2 sets 1 handed sword+shield and 2 handed sword.
    Right now it's just hopeless for 1handed to be even close 2 handed.
    As people mentioned before they think it's realistic to create a 30-33 wa shield and then with perfect sword you'd be "only" weaker by 10% in terms of Si compared to someone with perfect 2h sword.
    So you finish perfect 17 slots VS 7 slots and still weaker by 10%.
    And people think Its balanced.. (a complete joke)
    Btw - maple warrior shield wouldnt change the meta -as it adds 1-3 str and you still missing tons of attack points (or just tbh str multiple)
    Anyways as I said I gave up on 1 handed dream as the arguments came to dead end so you can close this thread.

14. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Don't worry. no one thinks it's balanced. we're just getting deal with it.

I train 1h hero and I do know I do lesser dmg than most of heroes with 2h swords since I provide SI everytimes with my SI mule, but I don't feel it bad or wrong, since it's 'ME' who choosed 1h memesword for it's freaking cool brandish motion instead of 2h's dumbass motion and covering my cute eyes.
    ofc, no one talks shit about my meme damage cos I do enough dmg anw with my 1h sword (and i'll bitch, stop providing SI+@ if they dare do lmao)

and I do every contents which I can join very well. beating someone and feeling orgasm from it isn't my hobby. problem?

• Like Like x 2
  15. OP
    OP
    Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    Not at all.
    I do the same (except when Im training with a bucc) .

16. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    8:48 AM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    If there really has to be a buff, it would make more sense to give shields more utility as opposed to buffing 1h swords in an already monotonous game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Shmoo

Shmoo Horny Mushroom

Oct 16, 2020
    Male
    Shmoo
    Warrior
    The Timeless Kite Shield has 10 slots now so its better than Maple Warrior Shield right?

18. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    You get ~15 stats, 5 avoid (lol), and a bnuch of weapon def on the Timeless Kite Shield in exchange for tradability. Not exactly an enticing prospect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    Without SI, the damage of 2h swords are nowhere near 1h flairgraves / speargraves.
    It's a trade-off. Either you recruit a buccaneer or you bring a SI mule everytime.
    The only OP sword is stonetooth back in the days.
    But with NT and timeless weapons, stonetooth is not that OP anymore.
    So it's pretty balanced.

As a player, you can always choose the sword that you think is strongest.
    And we see more people going with 1h NT sword now comparing to the old RK vs ST vs Claymore era.