1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information September 2023 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Sep 11, 2023.

1. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    2:01 PM
    If scaling is a problem at top end bosses, its more of a problem with the boss and apples. Changes should be made there instead of targeted nerfs that disproportionately affects players who ain't even benefiting from that scaling.
    What the heck does the star cost increase even do a an endgame NL seriously? The only people suffering are noobs who can't afford to recharge ilbis at pqs. People didn't return to a nostalgic server for this shit.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    This would actually be a good option if the use inventory is not the only inventory where space is limited.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. fengstar

fengstar Orange Mushroom

Apr 21, 2020
    Male
    the bay
    11:01 PM
    Diggy
    Night Lord
    Twice
    That's like saying any class has the option to use a weaker weapon. Is that the argument we want to be making, instead of perhaps just nerfing TT a bit and leaving recharging costs alone?

4. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Buccs?

5. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    1:01 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    i think it’s been done before. not to the extent of changing stars, but definitely for weapons, gloves, and capes

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. Gino

Gino Brown Teddy

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    2:01 AM
    GlNO
    Dark Knight
    Sleepywood
    I throw tobis.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. Ambrose

Ambrose Stone Golem

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    Caterina, TheNL
    Cleric
    Elluelians
    A side note, any thoughts on buffing shadow claw's duration?

When Alchemy was nerfed from buff duration +50% -> 25%, they increased shadow claw's duration (by 50% to 150s or 180s I think. I can't remember) to compensate. Then they reverted the shadow claw buff to its original 120 sec. (This is a straight up nerf to night lords).

Now they nerfed alchemy again but did not revisit shadow claw's duration. Please at the very least rebuff shadow claw's duration to a sufficient uptime, (say to 150 seconds or 180 seconds).

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    If they had framed it as a straight up nerf to night lords, would night lords have been more receptive to it?

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I was thinking NLs should probably repay all of the apples they've gotten for free. Is there any chance we can get alchemist to go down to 75% duration? And it should be 50% for anyone without alchemist

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
  10. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Shud just go ahead and delete all the drops from runs where NL participated too

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    9:01 AM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    The first alchemist nerf had the crit changes for NL which got reverted. The shadow claw change happened when the bug got fixed in Anniversary 2021 with the buff to 180 seconds and got reverted a year later.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Ambrose

Ambrose Stone Golem

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    Caterina, TheNL
    Cleric
    Elluelians
    Yeah this revert was overkill considering that was a 50% reduction in duration. given the original reasoning to the buff to begin with.

13. amoeba

amoeba Blue Snail

Nov 3, 2023
    amoeba
    Night Lord
    Toilet
    NLs sip potions twice as good

14. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    I understand the reasons against revealing it but reading through this topic on drop rates... alot of this could have been avoided if the exact % drop rates were revealed for scrolls equips etc... so people can have a more realistic view of what they are dealing with. But as I understand it the way maple calculates drops isn't a straight up droprate percentage anyway. But someone tangible people could understand would go a long way into helping people realize that even with nerfs there is a ceiling you are dealing with regardless.

I understand revealing this info can be seen as harmful because it might discourage players from playing but this is an MMO after all and MMOs are notorious for laughably bad drop rates because they are trying to encourage trading within a community and not a solo affair (even though i playing iron man mode)

15. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    IMO, I don't think it should be staff's responsibility to show everything. Players are capable of data tracking and working together to compare results. If everything was straight up explained to you, you'd lose a lot of the mystery in what's already a simple game.

For most people who are just grinding here and there, they won't be able to distinguish between the pre and post-nerf rates because of variance. Some people will get lucky and some will get unlucky.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    1:01 PM
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    all class deserve a mobility skill is best QoL ever
    ex DK could pole vaulting
    Hero - shield gliding
    Pal - magic stick riding
    Bow/xb - bow away
    Bucc - fucc it succ it boom pow

• Disagree x 8
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Useful x 1
  17. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    12:01 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    If you want every class to have flash jump consider playing GMS instead.