1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

High SP Resets Give Free/Extra SP

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by JKNS, Jun 21, 2021.

1. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    5:21 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Is staff going to allow this glitch to be legal?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    9:21 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    Yeah.. I wonder if I can max chakra using this sp wash :p

3. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    6:21 AM
    Corsair
    Mom's discovering glitches again! I think imma wait until I hear what the staff has to say about this before I try it out lool. Still pretty cool tho.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    8:21 AM
    iPippy
    Seems this is being brought up again, so it might be helpful to summarize the potential benefits of this. I'll exclude the ability to move 2nd/3rd job SP down as a fix for cases such as archers removing final attack, as that doesn't put job SP in an otherwise unobtainable state.

Ultimately, this process allows 1st job SP to be spent on 2nd/3rd job skills, and 2nd job SP to be spent on 3rd job skills. Additional SP is not generated, and exceeding an individual job's SP limit can't be achieved until the job after. You still can't max HS before 81, for example. The benefit is in taking points which would be spent in "dummy" 1st/2nd job skills and pushing them up to useful 3rd job skills.

We now ask which classes have no dead 3rd job skills, or not enough free 3rd/4th points to spare to max desired 2nd job skills. I can't speak well enough for all classes here, but I'll attempt to do so.

Bucc: No benefit, Shockwave is a 3rd job dummy skill, allowing everything else to be maxed. Can use this method to move points from Improve MaxHP to double shot before 200 (legally), or into shockwave if really desired.

Sair: Some benefit here as all of their 3rd job skills are helpful, with some skills from 1st/2nd which could be traded up to max both elemental skills and gaviota.

Bishop: Minor benefit, allowing bishops to max doom and maybe even baby dragon without using 4th job SP.

Fire/Poison: Maxing both ele comp and seal is now possible I guess, but ele comp doesnt get ele wand boost. Likely a bigger benefit in maxing both fire arrow and Poison brace early into 3rd but fp has better things to do.

Ice/Lightning: Neither thunder spear or ele comp are very helpful.

Paladin: A few options here as 1st job attacks are replaced into 4th, allowing those points to be spent on what wasn't picked between off-weapon 3rd job charges/shield mastery/mp regen. Hybrid pally becomes easier.

Hero: Same deal as paladin, 1st job attacks can be upscaled to finishing off panic/coma, shield mastery, shout, mp regen. Or getting some off-weapon skills if that fancies you.

DK: Pick up some remaining skills from 3rd, or more importantly: FINALLY MAX IRON WILL.

Shadower: Can max shield mastery and Chakra early into 4th now, but both thieves generally have extra 4th job SP to go around.

Night Lord: Not sure why one would want more SP to get web or shadow meso in the first place.

Both Archers: Take out double shot early into 4th job and max the rest of the 3rd job skills. No more choosing between thrust, inferno/blizzard, or 3rd job bird.

The biggest loss here is the inability of current level 200s to take advantage of the opportunity. Sounds a lot like current HP washing in that regard :cool:

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    12:21 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    This sounds dangerous.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    2:21 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I guess I can now max Will if I ever get MW30 lol

7. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    You don't get extra 4th job sp. It just allows you to move 1st/2nd job sp to 2nd/3rd.

8. TWW

TWW Pink Teddy

Dec 12, 2020
    Male
    Cleaveland
    8:21 AM
    TheWhiteWolf
    Hero
    Misfits
    Why won't they just let us wash SP from higher skill trees to lower ones? OnionF6
    I wanna put points into axe mastery

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Outrageous! We need more skill points!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SaviorSword

SaviorSword Dark Stone Golem

Feb 9, 2020
    Male
    Aiur
    7:21 AM
    SaviorSword
    Paladin
    Bonfire
    Almost a year ago since. Does this still work?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    5:21 AM
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    yes. follow iPippyiPippy 's process to do it.

remember to use Fresh SP to start the process.